[Guide] Test MacOs 10.10 PublicBeta or DeveloperPreview

JahStories

121 posts in this topic

Dear Ethan,

Im on holidays in Italy right now, so I dont check posts on a regular basis.

If you have a running 10.9 installation take the file blued from /usr/sbin and copy it to the same directory of your 10.10 installation.

For safety reasons rename the existing blued to blued.old first.

/usr/sbin is a hidden folder so if finder doesnt show it use the go to folder menue entry from finder.

Works perfectly, thanks.

When you are back from holiday can you drop me a pm, after your help with the android side.

Cheers

Just a quick update about iMessage - mine stopped working all of a sudden. I got an error saying to contact apple with a verification reference. 

According to a pretty detailed guide on another site there are further verification checks being carried out and if you use many serials / uuids it will block your account.

Anyhow, called apple and they unblocked it but if you get that message then its not about your system, its your account. The other messages around activation still appear to be system led rather than account.

Hope that helps someone.

UPDATE:

SurfacePro 1°Gen Files Package V.0.5

This time, thanks to Mirone who patched the kext, we can enjoy higher quality audio, plug auto detection and even more system stability.

includes only one set of DSDT and SSDT.

Clover installer have been updated to the latest ver.

This Pack is compatible with:

Maverick from 10.9.0 up to 10.9.4 

Yosemite Both DP and PB every ver. (includes new usbxhci)

P.s.

the last step for us is to get the internal wifi to work, but it's still to yet for it.

P.p.s.

Testers wanted for the applehda kext on SP2, if it works, i'll update the files pack for sp2 asap.

to update from 0.4 to 0.5:

delete applehdadisabler.kext and voodoohda.kext from system/library/extensions

install applehda.kext with kextdrop from drivers folder.

Happy hackintosh tablet  :lol:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Brahman that's already been asked, and no one figured out on how to do that.

About your previous post i've already hidden, you'd better understand that this is a public forum providing free services, 

and you should be greatful for what it gives you, trying always to being polite.

This is not the first time you've been "trolling" here, and that's simply unacceptable!

{surfacepro}

I managed to install Yosemite public beta 2 using the v0.5.1 files on Surface Pro 1. Thanks to all the folks supporting this forum and JahStories.

I do have one problem. It boots fine but my screen is washed out (white hazy look and i can barely see whats on the screen). I see the graphics adapter being detected as HD 4000 with 1024MB Vram.

I even removed the DSDT and just injected 0x01660004 via clover config file. But same behavior with those changes.

I will keep trying but wondering if anyone else ran into this.

Same problem as described in the thread below but that thread is about mavericks

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/291495-intel-hd-4000-on-surface-pro-washed-out-screen-from-appleintelframebuffercapri/

Thanks

Stil having an issue with audio though. 

I copied the kexts in Yosemite folder to kexts folder in EFI/CLOVER. 

Even tried to install the two kexts "AppleHDA.kext" and "EADPFix.kext" to S/L/E with no luck.

Any thoughts on this one?

Thanks

Edit:got it working. Kext Wizard i was using was not working right. I used kext drop to install the kext and it seems to work well.

Now, Display port out is not working. I need to see how i can get the external monitor working.

I got the display port working by patching the AppleIntelFrameBufferCapri.kext manually. Now it detects the external monitor properly and supports full resolution via that port. Also detects audio port (verified via DPCIManager, but did not test actual sound output).

The HD4000 card in surface has the revision id of 0x0009. So i modified the kext above for that platform id to support the LVDS in surface pro and modified the DSDT and the config file to inject 0x01660009 instead of 0x01660004.

Let me know if there is any interest and i can post the the files used.

Thanks

• Like 1

1660009 was causing sleep issues, 

this is why we are using 1660004, thats working for dual screen too on Maverick

i'll look into it when i have same spare time :)

please send me the file via PM...

i've edited your previous message to avoid users confusion for now...

pokenguyen is right, btw the 0x01660004, was and is the only ig platform to provide dual screen and sleep on Mav.

and usually you don't have to patch both dsdt and config.plist to inject the platformid,  but just one of those and i always used the last one.