[Guide] Test MacOs 10.10 PublicBeta or DeveloperPreview

JahStories

121 posts in this topic

Hi there, this guide is not going to be supported, a supported guide will' be available when the final version will be released.

BTW

post-221766-0-68853400-1406735115_thumb.png

Install-OS-X-Yosemite-Beta.png

UPDATE:

The first Public Beta is out.

(tested only on Sp1)

i've tested updating from 10.9.4 to 10.10 PB1 simply by clicking it's installer using injection without cache. (just put all the kexts on efi : clover / kexts / 10.10)

and its working thanks to the amazing Clover boot loader.

If you experience problems while booting add these three boot flags -v slide=0 and log=false (thx to bjsurf)

Please don't post parallel guides, if you want to improve something just write me a PM and i'll be glad to cooperate.

Safe update:

Public Beta PB 2 and every Developer Preview up to DP6

(Public Beta)

A more complete & supported guide will be available when the final version of yosemite will be released.

Quick instructions:

Easier than ever:

place the yosemite installer app on your local application folder

plug your external drive

format it, name it Install

open a terminal window and type:

sudo /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Yosemite\ Beta.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/Install --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Yosemite\ Beta.app --nointeractionformat it, name it Install

Install the latest clover to the ext. drive

Copy all the kexts to efi:clover/kext/10.10

dsdt & ssdt to efi:clover/acpi/patched

and replace config.plist in efi:clover with the one provided.

Install just like a real mac (just remember to choose kext injecton)

If you experience problems while booting add these three boot flags -v slide=0 and log=false (thx to bjsurf)

(DeveloperPreview SP1)

you need:

at least 40gb of free disk space.

a working MacOs Partition.

maybe a keyboard  :P

steps:

Open Disc Utility and create 2 new partitions: one 10gb partition (for the installer) and at least 20 (i suggest) for yosemite installation.

Mount InstallESD image 

Mount from terminal open /Volumes/OS\ X\ Install\ ESD/BaseSystem.dmg

using disk utility restore BaseSystem.dmg to the 10gb partition 

delete the packages link in the installation partition /System/Installation and replace it with the package folder inside installESD

copy BaseSystem.dmg and basesystem.chunklist to the root of the installation partition

copy Fakesmc.kext from 10.9 v0.4 pack to /System/library/extensions/

edit your config.plist adding this new bootflag kext-dev-mode=1 

reboot and select the installer partition adding -s to clover options as additional bootflag

at the command line prompt:

•  /sbin/fsck -fy​
  • /sbin/mount -uw /
  • chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extentions/fakesmc.kext
  • chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extentions/fakesmc.kext
  • kextload -v /System/Library/Extentions/fakesmc.kext
  • exit

use the installer to install Yosemite to the dedicated partition you created earlier

after the installation, before the countdown ends open terminal

cp -R /System/Library/Extensions/fakesmc.kext /Volumes/*thenameoftheyosemitepartition*/System/Library/Extensions/

chmod -R 755 /Volumes/*thenameoftheyosemitepartition*/System/Library/Extensions/fakesmc.kext

chown -R root:wheel  /Volumes/*thenameoftheyosemitepartition*/System/Library/Extensions/fakesmc.kext

reboot

once booted use kext helper to install:

acpibacklight (or you'll have half brightness) voodoohda with hdadisabler avastarbt acpibatterymanager and iousbxhci

Have fun.

Developer Preview SP2

Schermata_2014_06_03_alle_19_59_22.png

• Like 5

I just got my SP2 running with all drivers but I would try this.  How can I get a developer copy of Yosemite?  I don't think I can download the beta yet.  If someone wants to share I'll be happy to mess around with it.

PMed you!

I just got my SP2 running with all drivers but I would try this.  How can I get a developer copy of Yosemite?  I don't think I can download the beta yet.  If someone wants to share I'll be happy to mess around with it.

@JahStories: you said in the Mavericks thread that touch was working without commercial drivers.

Does that include gesture support for things like two-finger scrolling, pinch to zoom, and the four-finger Mission Control/Launchpad gestures?

Also, does that include built-in support for the pen?

No, sadly apple is giving us only accurate one point left click, no right click or multitouch at all...

btw the pen works perfectly, sadly without any "configurability"

TouchBase drivers are a lot more configurable and complex than the actual apples one, i'll test yosemite compatibility later.

UPDATE TO THE MAIN GUIDE:

Thanks to Pokenguy 

SP2 10.9 10.10 DP1 Guide:

supported by Pokenguy

(no help and support for 10.10 on the forum since official release)

Same rules, no signature and no badge = no help.

1. Create a MBR USB with 2 partitions:

- "CLOVER": FAT32, size > 300MB

- "MacUSB": HFS+

2. Extract the package here and copy to EFI partition: http://www.insanelym...90#entry2026406

3a. For Mavericks: Run this in terminaL

sudo /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Mavericks.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/MacUSB --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Mavericks.app --nointeraction

3b. For Yosemite:

Mount InstallESD image 

Mount from terminal open /Volumes/OS\ X\ Install\ ESD/BaseSystem.dmg

using disk utility restore BaseSystem.dmg to the 10gb partition 

delete the packages link in the installation partition /System/Installation and replace it with the package folder inside installESD

copy BaseSystem.dmg and basesystem.chunklist to the root of the installation partition

4. Restart and pressing volume down, select OS X installer then install like normal.

5. Restart and pressing volume down, select OS X and boot like a pro.

6. Download https://dl.dropboxus...k_r2696.pkg.zip

Install with these options:

-Install For UEFI Booting

- Install Clover in the ESP

- Themes

- Drivers 64UEFI > EmuVariable-64 + OsxAptioFix

- Install RC Script

- Install Clover Pref Panel.

7. Go to EFI partition (or System partition), copy EFI/Clover/config.plist from CLOVER USB to EFI/Clover of EFI partition (or System partition).

8. Copy all kexts in EFI/Clover/kexts/Other from USB to EFI/Clover/kexts/10.9 or 10.10 of EFI (or System partition)

9. Download dsdt.aml and ssdt*.aml (in your 3.2 bootpack) to EFI/CLover/ACPI/patched/ of EFI (or System partition)

10. Go to /EFI/Microsoft/Boot/ folder and rename bootmgfw.efi to bootmgfw-orig.efi

i've tested touch-base drivers, and they are working, but no multitouch or right click (gestures app crashes)

waiting for a fix.... 

i'll post here when it will be released ;)

I've tested the surface pro 2 guide, and it worked really well. I had to install 2x however, because the first time I didn't erase my osx partition. Make sure you erase your osx partition if you are not creating a new partition for Yosemite. Also SwitchResX for HiDPI display works really well. The display can be a little wonky here and there, but it is mostly fine (it seems pretty random when it is glitchy but is still usable).

I've tested the surface pro 2 guide, and it worked really well. I had to install 2x however, because the first time I didn't erase my osx partition. Make sure you erase your osx partition if you are not creating a new partition for Yosemite. Also SwitchResX for HiDPI display works really well. The display can be a little wonky here and there, but it is mostly fine (it seems pretty random when it is glitchy but is still usable).

The graphics on an actual Macbook act a bit oddly too. I'd expect it to be fixed soon, DP2 has had less issues with it. Tested on a retina macbook with Intel HD 4000.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

(surfacepro OSX)

Hi All

Been trying over the weekend to get Yosemite onto my surface but not had any luck - I know that this is an unsupported thread but if anyone can see where I have gone wrong and point it out I would be grateful - if not no worries.

Firstly, I am trying to install it alongside Windows 8, I currently have Mavericks installed (without wiping the hard drive in advance) and clover running from the surface as the boot selector. My thought process was to get into the Yosemite installer from USB stick then format and use the current Mavericks partition (have Yosemite installed on my macbook and its stable enough for me to use regularly).

Steps I have taken are;

using disk utility restore BaseSystem.dmg to the USB stick 

copy BaseSystem.dmg and basesystem.chunklist to the root of the installation partition

Use KextDrop to install fakesmc from v0.4 pack.

Altered my existing clover plist with the additional bootflag kext-dev-mode=1 

So having done all of this, I reboot, Clover opens up and I can select the USB stick. Have tried various options here and the results all fail:

Normal boot hangs at roughly 50% of the loading screen.

Single user looks like its going fine but hangs at a line which finishes "boot uuid media" and then eventually says missing bluetooth controller transport

Safe Mode just fails immediately.

I am assuming I am missing something in the build on the USB but cannot figure out what - have tried with DP1 and DP2 now just incase it was the download that was causing the issue.

As I said, if anyone can help, great, if not no worries can wait to the full version is released and work from there just things like this frustrate me!

Thanks

As ethan9482 discribed, when ever i try to boot into Yosemite, i get the "Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport" error, then it says "Waiting for root device" and stucks.

I am not able to load bash to run commands :(

Any suggestion ?

I am using  Clover v2k r2695  + Yosemite DP2

Hi pr3d4t0r

Had the same problem today.

Try to use an working config.plist in your /EFI/Clover/

for testing you can also use mine

after getting yosemite booting I updated to DP4. Seems to work for the moment. :-)

sorry forgot to press upload. :-)

config.plist.zip

Edited by sandman01
  • Like 2

Hello sandman01!

I really would like to use your config.plist! Could you please attach this here ?

Greetings!

Update: downloaded Surface Pro 2 Files from a User, i am able to install, let's see ;-)

Did you have any luck, seeing the posts made me try again but still having no luck getting past that point and cannot see what I am doing wrong. Tried sandman01s config.plist but hasn't seemed to make a difference for me unfortunately.

Hmmm!

Seems a little bit instable

The boot process have to be analysed in more detail.

my SP2 also do not boot everytime

sometimes it hangs at 50% and sonetimes it immediately reboots. ?!?

my luck most of the time the boot process is working well.

I will also take a look if I see something in verbose mode

This is the error I get, every time - have tried using my old config.plist (which works fine under mavericks) but no difference. Have added "kext-dev-mode=1 -s" but no luck.

I am now starting to wonder if its the permissions for fakeSMC, but can't see how to sort the permissions on the USB, only on the Hard Disk which obviously I can't do as can't get it to install. 

Managed to update the permissions and that didn't change it, still failing at the same part.

post-1334449-0-96654000-1406017998_thumb.jpg

Also we have to modify our HOW-To for DP4

It seems that a few fixes has to be made.

USB not working (USB-Stick & microSD)

regarding the boot hangups

I've only copied the posted EFI folder to my EFI partition and all works fine for 10.10 DP2

I've also mentioned that the boot time,... was better than in my old 10.9 configuration

The posted EFI files also worked for my previous 10.9 installation

Only start from USB/microSD (where the EFI Partition is) and select the right partition.

no special boot option was needed in my case