r9 290 (non-x) yosemited help

Orkaliz

205 posts in this topic

Hi there

Towards to Power connectors you have normal BIOS,towards to HDMI/DVI you have UEFI BIOS,I always using normal BIOS,which should be looking like this in GPU-Z(113-E285HOC-X002 and if you have UEFI then will ends with U002),on some cards(they're few Sapphire R9 290) towards to HDMI/DVI/DL you can have normal BIOS and towards to Power Connectors you have UEFI,due this I would use GPU-Z tool to know for sure which BIOS is right now switched

With UEFI BIOS switched I can boot etc and not seen any difference in Windows(NO BSOD etc,seems card is very stable during LuxRender and during the 3D Mark/Furmark) and in Yosemite not sure,not tried that,but will test that later on 

Hope this helps

Thanks,Jura

Hi there

Towards to Power connectors you have normal BIOS,towards to HDMI/DVI you have UEFI BIOS,I always using normal BIOS,which should be looking like this in GPU-Z(113-E285HOC-X002 and if you have UEFI then will ends with U002),on some cards(they're few Sapphire R9 290) towards to HDMI/DVI/DL you can have normal BIOS and towards to Power Connectors you have UEFI,due this I would use GPU-Z tool to know for sure which BIOS is right now switched

With UEFI BIOS switched I can boot etc and not seen any difference in Windows(NO BSOD etc,seems card is very stable during LuxRender and during the 3D Mark/Furmark) and in Yosemite not sure,not tried that,but will test that later on

Hope this helps

Thanks,Jura

Hi Jura,

I really appreciate your help.

I have lost all the interest and work required to make it work.

Hi Jura,

I really appreciate your help.

I have lost all the interest and work required to make it work.

Hi there

I know sometimes is really hard to get this to work,but you need to try find right settings,seems settings which I've gave you they're not working which is shame,as I thought so on yours this should work,but when you are looking over here on other posts,then you will see,on some those settings works and on some don't,not sure why

Can you try pull the BIOS battery out from Motherboard and try re-seat the GPU? Or did you tried find untouched 8000 and X4000 kexts ?

Hop this helps and good luck

Thanks,Jura 

• Like 1

I am using the 10.10.4 with the Sapphire R9 290 and there is no black screen issue. I do get that black screen just for one second, between loading and login screen, but thats ok.

Could you post your plist / relevant Clover settings here? For me, my screen turns black once the -v output (white on black wall of logs) completed.

Could you post your plist / relevant Clover settings here? For me, my screen turns black once the -v output (white on black wall of logs) completed.

Ok no Problem. 

I will post my Config and the modified kexts when I get Home.

Which Graphics Card are you using?

Thanks!

It's an Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X OC 4GB.

Ok thats same I am using. It will work for you I think.

I will edit this after like 4-5 hours from now as I am in Office currently.

Hi there,

I have attached my modified kext and the config.

Modify the config according to your CPU and use the Graphics as it is. 

Update : I have removed the config for security reasons. Will upload back soon.

Kexts.zip

Hi there,

Hi there,

I was wondering what results you get in Cinebench and Luxbench with that card (same as mine?) and also if you play League of Legends at all?

Hi there,

I was wondering what results you get in Cinebench and Luxbench with that card (same as mine?) and also if you play League of Legends at all?

Since you asked the same question in the pm. I have send you the details.

For others wondering I dont play games on MAC, I play on Windows hence I cannot comment on the gaming performance of the card on OSX.

@abhishekcal Because I am periodically recording my screen with an Elgato Game Capture and sometimes you need to plug/unplug that to work which is the same as plug/unplug an display cable. + I have a third monitor that is rotated in vertical position, but as of now I can't change the rotation in system pref because the system freezes the moment i set it to 90 degrees rotation just like it freezes with plug/unplug so I think its related. It makes sense since the computer has to stop sending a signal and start sending it 90 degrees rotated again. And just there when it cuts the signal the computer freezes. It never stores the setting in 90 degrees rotation either so nothing has changed after the reboot. Hope this explained my problem and why I need to fix it. 

Help would be VERY much appreciated. 

Hi there,

Update : I have removed the config for security reasons. Will upload back soon.

Could you maybe send the config via PM? I've been on vacation and wasn't able to check the forums.

Hi I have MSI Z77A-G45-Gaming with Intel core i7 3770k and Sapphire AMD R9 290(reference one with Accelero). I have dual monitor config full hd monitor connected over hdmi to intel and 4k philips connected via DP to 290.

It worked without hickups in 10.10.1, AMD was reported as 8000 series. I used method when you needed to add card ID to both kexts AMD8000Controller and AMDRadeonX4000.

Now I installed public beta El capitan and this way didn't work, so I tried to do this way with FB Baladi according to this guide http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/298443-r9-290-non-x-yosemited-help/?p=2147699, but it doesn't work. In System Report graphics I see AMD R9 290 but it doesn't have any VRAM, and off course philips doesn't work. Intel works great. In uefi on MB I have switch on integrated graphic. I am attaching my clover config below. Could you please help me?

config.plist.zip

• 3 weeks later...

right click and compress them into a .zip file and the forum will allow you to upload them, I am working on a new patch today maybe something has changed in 10.11

Anything you can say about this? I'm still stuck.

Confirm that works on R9-290 Without edited kext.(10.10.5) now i try and 10.11 FBName:Radeon or Hawaii

*Remark 1 (Better score on cinebench) 130.93

*Remark 2 Works to 10.11 DP 6 too

*Remark 3 On 10.11 and DVI i have all (5) resolution

Do you have problems waking from sleep? Computer turns on but screen does not