89 replies to this topic

Buddz1990

Buddz1990

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Interests:Lots of "hackintoshing" right now ^^

to be honest... ive lost the motivation for trying around but as soon as i got it back ( plus a bit leisure time ) im gonna try the files sent by Audiohacks and the Config posted by verleihnix 

Juggels

Juggels

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Today I tried to update clover above r3156 with result of black screen.

The system was still responsive, so I was able to reboot or shutdown with shortcut command.

It was configured using ATI Inject and Fake ID only.

After a bit of testing I got it up to Desktop again.

Setup with:

<key>Graphics</key>

<dict>
          <key>FBName</key>
          <string>Futomaki</string>
          <key>Inject</key>
          <dict>
                     <key>ATI</key>
                     <true/>
          </dict>
          <key>LoadVBios</key>
          <true/>
          <key>VRAM</key>
          <integer>4096</integer>
          <key>VideoPorts</key>
          <integer>4</integer>
</dict>

The card is a MSI R9 290 Gaming 4G (1002:67b1)
Maybe that helps someone else.

Hi verleihnix, thanks for sharing these flags!

Do you happen to use the displayport with this setup, or are you using a different one?

wommybom

wommybom

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

the dropbox link is down - can someone rehost it, I need the kexts :(

lpranal

lpranal

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

If those don't work for you, You'll have to determine your own connectors data and patch using this guide. <- This is probably what you need to do if you have a black screen. If you have flashing, try this, but other things might fix it. I get flashing with Frame Buffer set to anything except Baladi.

This removed the flickering and black screen issues I had when using the ID 0x67B11002 with any framebuffer (black screen with Baladi, flashing with Hawaii and Exmoor). Also got rid of artifacts!

For some reason I can't run Unigine Heaven (EDIT: disabling tessellation makes it run. Enabling locks up entire system), but Unigine Valley works flawlessly with no artifacting and I get a score averaging 2800. Cinebench runs at 108 FPS. LuxMark 2.1 gets a score of 2324 in the Sala, and 1255 in the "Room"

Best of all, I don't need to unplug my screen! :D

Please note that some steps may be unnecessary, but I'm still trying to narrow things down. I'll edit with what is needed or unneeded.

EDIT: Just tried booting without the VBios and it worked fine... I'm losing hope in finding method to this madness. My card's working perfectly (minus temperature readings) and I wish I could help you guys. Bleh.  :(  Here's my config.plist maybe it'll help someone. can't upload .plist so changed it to .txt

So I'm going to try and find my own connectors data (thanks for posting that guide, very handy!). You mention other things might fix it... can you elaborate on that?  I've got a powercolor turboduo r9 290 that gets identified in about this mac as "Radeon 8xxx", flashes at startup, but otherwise works great once i unplug / replug the monitor - just by inserting FakeID 0x67B11002 and setting the framebuffer to Baladi, No modification of the kext needed.

Do I need to edit the AMDcontroller8000 kext? or would just continuing to use FakeID in clover work the same (would prefer this way in case apple updates those kexts in the future)

Clone_Tekboy

Clone_Tekboy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

So I'm going to try and find my own connectors data (thanks for posting that guide, very handy!). You mention other things might fix it... can you elaborate on that?  I've got a powercolor turboduo r9 290 that gets identified in about this mac as "Radeon 8xxx", flashes at startup, but otherwise works great once i unplug / replug the monitor - just by inserting FakeID 0x67B11002 and setting the framebuffer to Baladi, No modification of the kext needed.

Do I need to edit the AMDcontroller8000 kext? or would just continuing to use FakeID in clover work the same (would prefer this way in case apple updates those kexts in the future)

I have both kexts edited right now, so my guess is yes. This could be because clover injects your device ID, but placing the ID in those kexts allows it to correctly identify and use those kexts (that's my rough guess, not sure by any means). I could be wrong and you might not need to edit the kext (mine works, so I'm afraid to touch it again).

As for "other things," I was mostly referring to trying that one as a last resort, as the other things I mentioned (different frambuffers, exiting kexts, etc) could potentially solve your problem. Also, feel free to try other people's connector data patches (I got lucky and one of the ones from before worked with mine). Once you find one that works with yours, please post which card you have and what fixed it. That'll save some other people a lot of time. :)

I'll be updating to 10.10.3 soon, so I hope nothing goes haywire... fingers crossed!

EDIT:

Just finished updating to 10.10.3, and my graphics kexts WERE overwritten, so I had the 5mb of video RAM issue until I added the ID to the two kexts and rebooted. Back up and running without any other problems, yay! I guess that means you have to have the kext edits (make sure you put the ID under the right framebuffer!)

lpranal

lpranal

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

EDIT:

Just finished updating to 10.10.3, and my graphics kexts WERE overwritten, so I had the 5mb of video RAM issue until I added the ID to the two kexts and rebooted. Back up and running without any other problems, yay! I guess that means you have to have the kext edits (make sure you put the ID under the right framebuffer!)

Thanks for that info, and verifying everything still works on 10.10.3!  You've probably saved me several hours of trial and error!  

The only other thing i'm wondering - can you have HDMI plugged in?  And, does your card's fan control work in OSX? 

I Ask because my main issue is now that I can ONLY have one monitor plugged into DVI; the second I plug in my tv via HDMI, I get 2 black screens that requires a reboot.  I don't really need the HDMI display for mac osx as I mainly use that for gaming in windows; however I really don't want to have to plug and unplug something everytime i want to play a game (the way my desk is set up makes this a pain).  

Thanks again, any further info is greatly appreciated. I'll make sure and post the results of my experimenting!

verleihnix

verleihnix

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Hi verleihnix, thanks for sharing these flags!

Do you happen to use the displayport with this setup, or are you using a different one?

I checked hdmi and dp today, it only works with dvi output.

khaihon

khaihon

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Not sure if this will be helpful, but the new Retina iMacs use R9 M290 chips instead of the M290x chips. This may bold well for R9 290 cards assuming the mobile nature of these chips isn't too different from the desktop variety. :) 

http://blog.macsales...C=XLR8YourMac13

This will probably be rolled up in the next Yosemite update. Can someone with access to the new iMacs peek at the driver version?

Clone_Tekboy

Clone_Tekboy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Thanks for that info, and verifying everything still works on 10.10.3!  You've probably saved me several hours of trial and error!  

The only other thing i'm wondering - can you have HDMI plugged in?  And, does your card's fan control work in OSX? 

I Ask because my main issue is now that I can ONLY have one monitor plugged into DVI; the second I plug in my tv via HDMI, I get 2 black screens that requires a reboot.  I don't really need the HDMI display for mac osx as I mainly use that for gaming in windows; however I really don't want to have to plug and unplug something everytime i want to play a game (the way my desk is set up makes this a pain).  

Thanks again, any further info is greatly appreciated. I'll make sure and post the results of my experimenting!

As far as I know, there's no manual fan control in OS X, but the fans do rev up when I run benchmarking (have yet to try actual games, that's what windows is for :P ). Unfortunately, the only HDMI device I have is a 37" really-heavy TV, and it's just out of range of my desktop. Maybe I'll lug the two together and have a little experiment later, we'll see. I do also have a DisplayPort to HDMI cable, so that should theoretically also check the compatibility of my card's DisplayPort when I do the test.

Alternatively, anybody want to buy me a new monitor? :P

xdeath010

xdeath010

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Just want to contribute cuz this thread help me a lot.

Using Yosemite thru #####.

But able to use clover by using usb.

Ok,so my Asus 290 ref card is working Ok using the previous post without editing the 2 kext.

First I encountered blank screen,I don't know if this is the solution(i change baladi to hawaii,then thick the Inject Nvidia along with ATI)

So Im happy now.

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2015 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy