Boot Guide

Scellow

132 posts in this topic

Ok, audio (ALC892), everything is working just fine now, and boots without assistance using Clover (triple boot Yosemite, Mavericks, and Windows 8.1)

@ PHV - there is really no need since the steps are almost exactly the same as Mavericks with the exception of needing Clover to boot, and adding the kext-dev-mode=1 kernel flag.

Ok, audio (ALC892), everything is working just fine now, and boots without assistance using Clover (triple boot Yosemite, Mavericks, and Windows 8.1)

@ PHV - there is really no need since the steps are almost exactly the same as Mavericks with the exception of needing Clover to boot, and adding the kext-dev-mode=1 kernel flag.

how did you got the audio ALC892 to work ? i have the same chip

I cannot comment on how I got my audio working as the app, and site in question are forbidden to be mentioned on this site. (sorry)

Screen_Shot_2014_06_04_at_1_43_52_AM.png

Yosemite 10.10 on a GA-Z87M-D3H and fully functional (sleep, video, audio, wi-fi, app store, iCloud, et'all).  SMBIOS is that of a MacPro6,1 and booting via the latest Clover.

Greetings InsanelyMac users!

I have succeeded booting Yosemite on my PC, but I forgot to apply the MBR patch. Now, after clicking install, I get a message saying "A GUID Partition Table partitioning scheme is required". I would patch the install, but I have erased my existing OS X install. I do have a MBR partition table. Now I can only access Windows. Is there any way I can get past that?

Thanks a lot!

Andrei.

I cannot comment on how I got my audio working as the app, and site in question are forbidden to be mentioned on this site. (sorry)

Send PM of how to :)

does keychain works for you ? with me only keep loading 

Okay so do we need the kext-dev-mode=1 flag for booting into the os after installing, or just to get to the installer? If it's needed all the time that's kind of scary because I doubt any 3rd party software that needs to install a kernel extension is going to want to alter any boot flags...

I guess the best way to know is to find out.

I've gotten the Installer to boot to the super-light gray screen with the NullCPUPowerManagement kext and FakeSMC, but as soon as it gets to the darker gray screen I get a KP saying something about no HPETs (but I do have HPET enabled and in 64-bit mode in my BIOS) and "CPUs configured incorrectly". I'm using Clover with no modifications other than the kexts on the Installer.

How would I go about fixing this? It seems like I need to patch the AppleIntelCPU kext, but that's for 10.9. How would I fix this?

Thanks!

Oh, and I'm using an Intel i7 870 with an 1156 GA P55 USB3 board.

I've gotten the Installer to boot to the super-light gray screen with the NullCPUPowerManagement kext and FakeSMC, but as soon as it gets to the darker gray screen I get a KP saying something about no HPETs (but I do have HPET enabled and in 64-bit mode in my BIOS) and "CPUs configured incorrectly". I'm using Clover with no modifications other than the kexts on the Installer.

How would I go about fixing this? It seems like I need to patch the AppleIntelCPU kext, but that's for 10.9. How would I fix this?

Thanks!

Oh, and I'm using an Intel i7 870 with an 1156 GA P55 USB3 board.

Have you tried just enabling the asuspmpatch in clover? And do the hpet fix too

Has anyone successfully booted the installer with chameleon? I get stuck at AppleKextExcludeList.kext.

I got throught that by removing the "allowedkexthash" (I don't know the exact name but something "hash") section from the info.plist of that kext.

But it reboots after loaded all kexts. So we need to wait until chameleon gets updated to support 10.10.

I'm able to boot into the installer... So far it's been stuck at "About 14 minutes remaining" for about half an hour and the progress bar hasn't moved... Anyone else have this happen? I'm not sure if anything is actually going on still, but it's not frozen. I can still click around and go through menus and whatnot.

Any suggestions?

Hi evereyone,

I've tried to install Yosemite using this guide and I can boot into installer with some modifications on Clover config.plist (nvidia inject it's needed on my case). But when I go to start installation, just before it ask on which disk I want to install, there is some external check procedure (throuhg network connection) that says my computer is not "eligible" or something like that.

I've think it could be because config.plist was not injecting SMBIOS config with Mac definition. I've added SMBIOS config (Mac Pro 6,2 and Imac14,2) but now the message says it can't get credentials info (I'm not sure if it said "credentials" exactly). I haven't developer account and I've downloaded Yosemite DMG from Jack Sparrow's bay. Could be this the problem?

Hello guys,

I followed the guide, also successfully loaded FakeSMC, but i got some weird "P-State Stepper Error 18 at 2 in context 2 on CPU 0". 

Maybe it was a bad idea, but i tried to load NullCPUPowerManagement.kext, but that didn't help either.

Do you have any suggestion what should I do?

Thanks,

jsN

I'm able to boot into the installer... So far it's been stuck at "About 14 minutes remaining" for about half an hour and the progress bar hasn't moved... Anyone else have this happen? I'm not sure if anything is actually going on still, but it's not frozen. I can still click around and go through menus and whatnot.

Any suggestions?

I don't have the installer open now, but are you able to open the Log Viewer? That would be an easy way to see what is going on.

Download the 2693 update files for clover and manually update it. I'm guessing it's looking for mach_kernel in the wrong place (because the location has changed since mavericks)

I can't see your specs (while I'm on tapatalk) but I'm assuming you have a haswell processor?

Download the 2693 update files for clover and manually update it. I'm guessing it's looking for mach_kernel in the wrong place (because the location has changed since mavericks)

I can't see your specs (while I'm on tapatalk) but I'm assuming you have a haswell processor?

No, I do not think I have haswell processor. 

aa96aaf5a86b8ccab5dbcc8c6662a06e.png

In addition to that, where can I download the 2693 clover?

Where's the 2693 update? The latest I can find is 2692. Also, I seem to be getting stuck at still waiting for root device. I'm doing it in legacy mode since I have no UEFI, if that helps.