OS X Yosemite DP's builds!

2,033 posts in this topic

text smoothing has ben fixed wohoo

Only thing i've noticed so far is this graphics glitch:

YlhJCxz.png

The download bar stays even after the download is finished.

Here the icon bounces and the bar disappears as usual

I cannot see any difference at all comparing to DP7 besides the text fixed, maybe the top menus are more yellowish and transparencies are different?

We'll see quite some more DP's I'm afraid with these 2-weekly releases.

At this rate of bug solving I'm not really sure it's justified.

Probably mid to end october we'll see Yosemite with also hopefully new iMacs/Mac Mini's.

If they want to make me happy (and a lot of people) they add OpenGL 4.2, it's basically a modern os in every way but gfx.
You know it's starting to hurt apple, where's the gfx prowess it once had? certain software is long gone which really is a shame.

only had to reinstall trim Enabler and QUO Audio update.pkg by King. on my QUO Motherboard

When you use Cloverbootloader, Trimenabler survivals when updating with DPs !

kernel and kext patches:

<dict>

<key>Comment</key>

<string>Trim Enabler</string>

<key>Find</key>

<data>

QVBQTEUgU1NE

</data>

<key>Name</key>

<string>IOAHCIBlockStorage</string>

<key>Replace</key>

<data>

AAAAAAAAAAAA

</data>

</dict>

• Like 1

And for people not using Clover..

sudo perl -pi -e 's|(^\x00{1,20})[^\x00]{9}(\x00{1,20}\x54)|$1\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00$2|sg' /System/Library/Extensions/IOAHCIFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOAHCIBlockStorage.kext/Contents/MacOS/IOAHCIBlockStorage

Beta3 14A361p running good here.

• Like 3

Updated to DP8, something definitely wrong cuz I can't get any internet connectivity via wifi, Ethernet or even iPhone tethering. All shows green and connected, but I don't get any network whatsoever.

Does anyone have the DP8 combo update? Would like to try to reinstall it and see what happens.

And for people not using Clover..

sudo perl -pi -e 's|(^\x00{1,20})[^\x00]{9}(\x00{1,20}\x54)|$1\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00$2|sg' /System/Library/Extensions/IOAHCIFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOAHCIBlockStorage.kext/Contents/MacOS/IOAHCIBlockStorage

Beta3 14A361p running good here.

Thanks joe75!  ;)

• Like 1

Updated to DP8, something definitely wrong cuz I can't get any internet connectivity via wifi, Ethernet or even iPhone tethering. All shows green and connected, but I don't get any network whatsoever.

Does anyone have the DP8 combo update? Would like to try to reinstall it and see what happens.

Did you previously have the sleep fix enabled from here?

I did and had to undo both those changes for Internet access to work as mDNSResponder is no longer there.

• Like 1

I did! {censored}. Now I went ahead and tried to roll back some kexts here and there and I think I hosed it worse… I can't get any finder windows to even show contents any more. I need the DP8 combo update if anyone has it. Thanks for letting me know about that fix, too.

Some minor issues found not necessarily in DP8 only.

The clock text is still badly rendered sometimes or when clicking on it.

The volume control should make a sound when changing it. It was useful for feedback.

Menu bar shadow is not there in dark mode. Maybe intentional.

Chnaging appearance to Graphite instead of Blue makes window controls to be all gray instead of the traffic lights coloring. Maybe intentional.

Old disk icons on desktop.

A major issue is Mission control hot corners kicks on in full screen games, veeery annoying.

For the rest it's perfect.