OS X Yosemite DP's builds!

2,033 posts in this topic

Wpplay2, The patch from  Maniac10 indicates my country code is FCC, ie, USA. But the Brazil country code indicates "(FCC3_WORLD) USA & Canada w / 5470 band." Perhaps Maniac10 or Toleda can help us in the correct patch.  ;)

• Like 1

Since the patch overrides  _wlan_get_regdomain function - just change 64 in the Replace sequence to whichever region you fancy:

b319dc3b91.png

64 = FCC

65 = APAC

6A = RoW (Rest of the World)

37 = ETSI

8D = Japan

5E = Korea

FreeBSD regdoman list states:

<country id="BR">
<isocc>76</isocc>
<name>Brazil</name>
<rd ref="fcc"/>
</country>
  • Like 3

Had same problem here, had to boot into Yosemite Recovery, use Disk Utility, repair permissions, repair disk ( probably don't need these 2)

then open terminal, and type "kextcache -update-volume Path to Yosemite"

e.g  kextcache -update-volume /Volumes/Yosemite

I always just boot into single user verbose mode and type:

sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/*

sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/*

sudo chown root:admin /

sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel

sudo kextcache -system-caches

• Like 1

If you have a Apple Dev account you can download the full installer that is up to date just fyi, use this command in terminal to create the installer: (make sure you change the /Volumes/Untitled section to the name of your USB volume name)

sudo /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Yosemite\ Developer\ Preview.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/Untitled --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Yosemite\ Developer\ Preview.app --nointeraction
What is the md5 of installesd.DMG of the full dp5 installer?

Thanks in advance

Don't work USB 3.0.What is reason?

This is interesting, I have an Asus Z87 Deluxe Dual and have lost  the four rear ASMedia USB ports although they are visible from the BIOS, but not OS X which has to be a driver issue?  I am not sure when this at first happened with Yosemite but it appears to be recent. Thought my MB was in for an RMA but difficult to prove it faulty when the BIOS sees them fine. One drawback with hacking I guess, the remaining Intel ports work fine.

This is interesting, I have an Asus Z87 Deluxe Dual and have lost  the four rear ASMedia USB ports although they are visible from the BIOS, but not OS X which has to be a driver issue?  I am not sure when this at first happened with Yosemite but it appears to be recent. Thought my MB was in for an RMA but difficult to prove it faulty when the BIOS sees them fine. One drawback with hacking I guess, the remaining Intel ports work fine.

Hi, TheBoatman:

Can you boot Yosemite with Clover 2 ?

Up to now I can boot with Chameleon 2.2 2380 V3 at Asus Z87 Deluxe Dual MB only.

If you can boot with Clover, can you help me the /EFI/Clover/config.plist for reference ?

Hi, TheBoatman:

Can you boot Yosemite with Clover 2 ?

Up to now I can boot with Chameleon 2.2 2380 V3 at Asus Z87 Deluxe Dual MB only.

If you can boot with Clover, can you help me the /EFI/Clover/config.plist for reference ?

@jsl

Hi sure thing.... I only use Clover and yes Yosemite DP5 boots absolutely fine. Everything works including all USB ports now, it was an RMA (Motherboard changed) job as the Asmedia USB3 ports were a problem. 

I am using a  Intel i5-4670K processor and GTX 660 only for graphics. You will need to change the GUI and other sections that do not apply to you.

Good luck.

config.plist.zip

• Like 1

@jsl

Hi sure thing.... I only use Clover and yes Yosemite DP5 boots absolutely fine. Everything works including all USB ports now, it was an RMA (Motherboard changed) job as the Asmedia USB3 ports were a problem. 

I am using a  Intel i5-4670K processor and GTX 660 only for graphics. You will need to change the GUI and other sections that do not apply to you.

Good luck.

attachicon.gifconfig.plist.zip

Thanks for your prompt reply and help.

Using your config.plist still got kernel cache or kernel alloc error type 2 on early booting of Clover in Public Beta and DP5 of Yosemite.

Booting in DP3 got KP at AppleACPIPlatformExpert: start failed

Unable to find IOPlatformExpert.cpp:1590

Have you had similar experience before ?

Thanks for your prompt reply and help.

Using your config.plist still got kernel cache or kernel alloc error type 2 on early booting of Clover in Public Beta and DP5 of Yosemite.

Booting in DP3 got KP at AppleACPIPlatformExpert: start failed

Unable to find IOPlatformExpert.cpp:1590

Have you had similar experience before ?

That could be a graphics card issue as if i try to boot using the Intel o/b graphics (4600) I see the same error.

In your BIOS ( latest is 2004), I set the processor memory to XMP, and although not supposedly necessary set all the PM options to active, I set the Graphics to PCIE,  disable the o/b Ethernet (as I use a Sonnett Presto Gigabit PCIe card for ethernet) then set up the boot options. I also disable CSM in BIOS, and in the security settings, I remove the security files.

Thats about it. I would try some of the different options in the BIOS, but if you are using the IG graphics only that might be a problem although many have got it to work, but not me. I have tried with the Graphics card in and out of the PC - no change. My monitor has only  1 display port and two DVI.  The mother board only has an HDMI which my monitor does not have (Samsung SA850), plus the two thunderbolt ports,but those need to have the IG active

My graphics card is GTX 660 basic Asus one with the GOP bios loaded,  and the o/b graphics is not activated at all - tying to activate that causes the error you describe.

Keep on - you will get there!

That could be a graphics card issue as if i try to boot using the Intel o/b graphics (4600) I see the same error.

In your BIOS ( latest is 2004), I set the processor memory to XMP, and although not supposedly necessary set all the PM options to active, I set the Graphics to PCIE,  disable the o/b Ethernet (as I use a Sonnett Presto Gigabit PCIe card for ethernet) then set up the boot options. I also disable CSM in BIOS, and in the security settings, I remove the security files.

Thats about it. I would try some of the different options in the BIOS, but if you are using the IG graphics only that might be a problem although many have got it to work, but not me. I have tried with the Graphics card in and out of the PC - no change. My monitor has only  1 display port and two DVI.  The mother board only has an HDMI which my monitor does not have (Samsung SA850), plus the two thunderbolt ports,but those need to have the IG active

My graphics card is GTX 660 basic Asus one with the GOP bios loaded,  and the o/b graphics is not activated at all - tying to activate that causes the error you describe.

Keep on - you will get there!

Using most of your BIOS setting except I need enabled CSM to boot Clover via USB Flash, I can login DP3, Beta, and DP5 of Yosemite with AMD HD 7950 only.

But Adobe Flash Plugin unable to play in Youtube by Firefox and AppleHDA unloaded bother me a lot.

When I boot with Chameleon 2.2 2380 V3, I can enable both Intel HD4600 and AMD HD 7950, and play Flash in Youtube smoothly.

Do you have similar problem ?

Or any suggestion to solve it ?

esp. how to enable HDMI audio via AppleHDA.kext with Clover boot (no such a problem with Chameleon boot in my Hackintosh)

Using most of your BIOS setting except I need enabled CSM to boot Clover via USB Flash, I can login DP3, Beta, and DP5 of Yosemite with AMD HD 7950 only.

But Adobe Flash Plugin unable to play in Youtube by Firefox and AppleHDA unloaded bother me a lot.

When I boot with Chameleon 2.2 2380 V3, I can enable both Intel HD4600 and AMD HD 7950, and play Flash in Youtube smoothly.

Do you have similar problem ?

Or any suggestion to solve it ?

esp. how to enable HDMI audio via AppleHDA.kext with Clover boot (no such a problem with Chameleon boot in my Hackintosh)

No I do not have such problems. Toleda is the expert for Audio/HDMI audio - I have no such issues as all my audio is digital and via USB DAC, I don't bother with the o/b audio at all, so it is not an issue for me. I also have not used Chameleon for a very long time as Clover works well for me. If Chameleon is working for you that is great. Do not understand though why you need CSM to boot Clover via USB, although you will need CSM enabled for Chameleon.

I do all my testing with an USB flash drive formatted in MBR and Fat32 and have FSInject-64.efi in my EFI/CLOVER/driver64UEFI directory, and CSM always disabled.

No I do not have such problems. Toleda is the expert for Audio/HDMI audio - I have no such issues as all my audio is digital and via USB DAC, I don't bother with the o/b audio at all, so it is not an issue for me. I also have not used Chameleon for a very long time as Clover works well for me. If Chameleon is working for you that is great. Do not understand though why you need CSM to boot Clover via USB, although you will need CSM enabled for Chameleon.

I do all my testing with an USB flash drive formatted in MBR and Fat32 and have FSInject-64.efi in my EFI/CLOVER/driver64UEFI directory, and CSM always disabled.

Just as a point of interest, which usb DAC ?