OS X Yosemite DP's builds!

2,033 posts in this topic

What kext is it that detects touchscreens and graphics tablets? My touchscreen on my Vivobook is magically working OOB, I have the ink preference pane and everything, and I'm wondering if I can just install the kext in Mavericks to get it working like people have been doing with the ATI kexts.

Guest wader1111

Well guys, I finally got in. After using the latest Clover and a completely vanilla install with just FakeSMC.kext inside of the 10.10 folder in Clover, I can boot into the system no problem and everything works perfectly, including iCloud, iMessage and such...

However, I have no QE/CI. Graphics are terribly slow - it's worse now than it ever has been without QE/CI. Even mouse movement is choppy lol

Anyone have any experience with a GTX650 on Yosemite?

Thanks a million. Love this forum.

Awesome!! So basically the same install as before except you used the newer Clover and you didn't install the NullCPUPowerManagement?

Exactly. And since the newer Clover has injection from the 10.10 folder, I just dropped it in there and didn't have to mess with permissions or kextload or any of that. It just booted straight to the installer without even going to single user mode. Just kext-dev-mode=1 and -v for verbose boot. Installed flawlessly, boots flawlessly. Now I just need to figure out my GTX650, cuz everything else is working.

I'm looking through my kexts and I'm noticing that none of the NVDA kexts even have info.plist's in them?? Does anyone have working nvidia graphics?? Lol is it just me? Haha

:( :( :(

Reviewing:

I remember reading in the release notes something about the Migration Assistant, but all I can tell is it worked great for me - perhaps because I only migrated the apps, not any user account. Logic Pro X and a lot of audio units work under 10.10 with absolutely no hassle. In fact, a vey pleasant experience so far with all my audio apps and plugins, that including Adobe Audition. My Fast Track and my professional Universal Audio both worked OOB, and I didn't try to install drivers for ye old Soundblaster Emu10K, or for lil' ol' Envy 24 Audiophile 2496. 

Talking about Adobe, all CS6 apps but After Effects worked as they should. Of course something will come out, since I didn't really have time to do extensive tests. Some of them needed the legacy Java library to be installed.

Little snitch doesn’t work anymore.

FaceTime and iMessage both work as advertised, and I didn’t yet notice any big changes. Safari, on the other hand, is a clone of iOS’ version, and I like the change. The icons take time to get used to, but now I’m starting to like them more than the “old fashioned” Mavericks icons. The spotlight search opens in a transparent menu and it seems to have become quite powerful, but it’s obviously unfinished work, since it’s slow quite a lot. Like the intuitive way the apps enter fullscreen - the maximise window green little ball. Cool, better than before, the green circle became useful again.

Coming in the next few hours: will FCPX work properly? Stay tuned.

All the best!

P.S.: Hahahahaah! Both the Soundblaster and the Audiophile works with their old drivers. Amazing, and props to the developers!

P.P.S.: My Logitech webcam works OOB with FaceTime, but that was kind of expected.

P.P.P.S.: Cvad, we need a new Kext Utility! :) The current one cannot rebuild caches under 10.10: I'm afraid to reboot, hehehe.

The kX Project driver (the same one I use in Mavericks) is at least *detected* by Yosemite - however, you have to give it proper permissions (via kext injection or permission repair) - same applies to the Realtek driver.

I use four kexts in Mavericks for full functionality - those two, FakeSMC, and NullCPUPowerManagement.  I'm getting ready to do a USB rebuild to tackle the kext-injection method (since it's only those four kexts that I need).  Heads-up for nVidia Fermi and later (GTX5xx and later) - at the very least, you will NOT need anything more than the nVidia injection option in Clover; I have a GTX550Ti, and this option works automatically if you boot with Clover.  Boot up in Clover, select Options, then Graphics Injection, then choose Inject nVidia.  That's it.  At worst, maybe the GTX7xx MAY qualify as *exotic*; however, I doubt it, unless Maxwell (GTX75x/GTX8xxM) is THAT different from Kepler (didn't Mavericks support Kepler OOTB?)

If the kext-injection method (which I can't do with Chameleon) works, I will actually have it *easier* than Mavericks - I have to install the latter two kexts in Mavericks.  Mavericks was the first OS X I used Clover with as a default loader - previously, I preferred Chameleon.  However, Clover is winning me over by enabling things that Chameleon is simply incapable of (due to a different design).  I will likely wind up cloning my entire USB setup to an HD-based Clover install next week.

Edited by PGHammer21B

Can someone check for me. why AMD kexts, Geforce kext and NVDA kext don't have info.plist to load kext, my hackintosh using MSI Geforce 630 GT only running with 1280x1024 no QE/Ci.

same with ADHDMedia

My hackintosh very good with 10.8.x and 10.9.x.

If your kexts have info.plist can send for me Geforce*.kext and NVDA*.kext. Thanks

ADHD, did you try to remove all NV kexts? That way you should be able to boot to desktop and install Clover properly. That's my best advice now.

No I'm installed and booting fine, I just need QE/CI. It's really weird, my graphics kexts have no info.plists, and I'm not sure why. Can you check if yours do?

That message shows when building the cache.

Can someone check for me. why AMD kexts, Geforce kext and NVDA kext don't have info.plist to load kext, my hackintosh using MSI Geforce 630 GT only running with 1280x1024 no QE/Ci.

same with ADHDMedia

My hackintosh very good with 10.8.x and 10.9.x.

If your kexts have info.plist can send for me Geforce*.kext and NVDA*.kext. Thanks

See, him too?

We had a problem like this before with Graphics drivers not installing back using a version of Pandora, I checked the Install USB / InstallESD and the info files are there, copy the kext from the Install USB / InstallESD and repair permissions.

• Like 1

I was check with AMD kexts, no info.plist in contents. I was using extract for Bin....pkg in Packages folder AMD va NVDA has no info.plist in contents.

May DP1 not for AMD and NVidia. My CPU is I3 3220 with HD2500 can't run. Maybe waiting for next DP with support for AMD va NVIDIA.  :( 

We had a problem like this before with Graphics drivers not installing back using a version of Pandora, I checked the Install USB and the info files are there, copy the kext from the Install USB and repair permissions.

Ok cool. I'll check out the install USB.

Did someone run Geekbench under 10.10? I just noticed a huge drop: almost 700 points down from Mavericks' 11.200+ to about 10.500. That's a serious performance downgrade: I know it's only DP1, but I clearly remember Mavericks stellar performance - more than stable Mountain Lion could grant - since the very beginning. Hope they fix it soon!

P.S.: yes, I considered the possibility of not having set PM properly under Clover, since I'm not as familiar with it as I surely should be, and decided to check: in fact, MSRDumper reports 12 (yes, twelve, ranging from 16 to max turbo 38) multipliers, more than I ever got before with my iMac 13,2 SMBIOS, which usually have only max, min and turbo states. So 1) Power Management is not only working, but it does theoretically better than under earlier iterations, which takes us to 2) Apple did something, and when it's really ready would perhaps be epic, but now is quite underwhelming.