OS X Yosemite DP's builds!

2,033 posts in this topic

when updating both DP 7 and DP8 , i get the spinning ball for a pointer.

I then had to reboot into the safe mode -x  . enter password then repair permissions. 

Then reboot with -v flag

i see no  real improvements yet, just minor stuff since DP4

I think yosemite  is more of a Itunes selling tool.

I'll play with yosemie  but stick to Mav for my real OS

• Like 1

Was more talking about your latter comment… "Yosemite is more of a iTunes selling tool."

I don't understand what that means. Yosemite runs beautifully for me. Wouldn't go back to Mavs at all.

Yosemite is a "real OS"

Yosemite is a "real OS"

• Like 5

Did you previously have the sleep fix enabled from here?

I did and had to undo both those changes for Internet access to work as mDNSResponder is no longer there.

Okay, I was able to patch things up and get back up and running on DP8. Now how did you go about undoing that sleep fix? And does your machine wake back up every two hours again without it?

***Edit*** Never mind, I just went in and typed in the opposite commands and internet access is restored :) Didn't even have to reboot. I'm still curious if my machine is going to wake up every two hours again, though.

Off topic, got my wife a MacBook Air tonight gonna update it to Yosemite in a few minutes.

• Like 1

DP8 installed. I had just to install AppleHDA.kext again. No problems with trim enabler but I had to trash GenericUSBXHCI.kext  (1.2.8d7) for my USB3 front panel was not working anymore. I'll check this next. I definitely like Yosemite.

DP8 installed. I had just to install AppleHDA.kext again. No problems with trim enabler but I had to trash GenericUSBXHCI.kext  (1.2.8d7) for my USB3 front panel was not working anymore. I'll check this next. I definitely like Yosemite.

Try this new Yosemite GenericUSBXHCI.kext  here : http://www.hackintoshosx.com/files/file/4198-genericusbxhci-yosemite-beta-and-dp/

• Like 1

Is anyone having proper GPU power management with Yosemite (I have Nvidia Gtx 760)? On Mavericks I got it working well using the nvidia alternate drivers, but for 10.10....no drivers yet. (my GPU gets stuck at 1.07Ghz)

It's perfect for me with the GTX 650. Always had issues with power management and still have in Mavericks, unless I install the Nvidia web driver. This and the last version of the Yosemite developer preview fixed the issue and I tried everything to get it to fail but it is 100% fixed. 

Did anyone got this

post-767483-0-13721700-1410972319_thumb.png

when updating both DP 7 and DP8 , i get the spinning ball for a pointer.

I then had to reboot into the safe mode -x  . enter password then repair permissions. 

Then reboot with -v flag

i see no  real improvements yet, just minor stuff since DP4

I think yosemite  is more of a Itunes selling tool.

I'll play with yosemie  but stick to Mav for my real OS

It's a Developer Preview and will probably be free like Mavericks.

Was more talking about your latter comment… "Yosemite is more of a iTunes selling tool."

I don't understand what that means. Yosemite runs beautifully for me. Wouldn't go back to Mavs at all.
Yosemite is a "real OS"
Yosemite is a "real OS"

Same here, smooth as butter on my low end computer  :)

Managed to extract the kernel file from essentials.pkg of Consumer beta 3 in my VMWare Mavericks, with Pacifist. 7zip on windows reports corrupted Payload file while gzip in my VM Mavericks reports unknown algo. Pacifist is beast. Not sure if the kernel is needed though, will try using just the basesystem and packages to install in VM. Also what is the CDS internal client error 3033 when trying to update VMWare on windows?

Actually to play safe I put the kernel inside S/L/Kernels/ and also pasted it to root dir as mach_kernel. Seems to be booting normally in VMWare unlocked with the unlocker, and selected OS version is Mac OS X 10.9.

Umm oops. Looks like a cannot find root device problem. A "prohibit"(circle with slash) sign appeared.

Seems like the VMWare Virtual CD Drive not supported. Wrote the disk image to one partition of my Portable Hard drive and used that to boot. UI loads quite slow.

Something weird with the UI - at the language selection screen only when mouse is moved over the "Welcome" scrolling message then displays. And in Disk Utility the mouse pointer just get left inside the button bar and another pointer appears, if the mouse pointer goes over the boundary of the button bar.