OS X Yosemite DP's builds!

2,033 posts in this topic

I don't like the 2d dock... I never was a fan. I knew they were going to do that though. I managed to get a 3d dock in iOS 7 so I hope there will be a way to do it in osx as well. I know it sounds like a small thing but it's a big deal to me. :-(

where ist the File mach_kernel  in Yosemite 10.10 ?

in the Tip from Mavericks:

"Use pacifist to extract mach_kernel from /OS X Install ESD/Packages/BaseSystemBinaries.pkg"

i found NOT the File mach_kernel,

Thank you for help.

thank you iaihc.. is that the new Name ? nor more mach_kernel or ?

can not extract with pacifist this "kernel" from the Essentials.pkg... have you a idea ?

Can someone please send me the unpacked file kernel? 

I can not unpack the kernel folder with pacifist, not know why the now 
no longer goes in Yosemite 10.10. 

Thanks in advance for it.

thank you iaihc.. is that the new Name ? nor more mach_kernel or ?

can not extract with pacifist this "kernel" from the Essentials.pkg... have you a idea ?

Can someone please send me the unpacked file kernel? 

I can not unpack the kernel folder with pacifist, not know why the now 
no longer goes in Yosemite 10.10. 

Thanks in advance for it.

The same problem here. I cannot find mach_kernel in the Yosemite install app. kernel from the other suggested place cannot be extracted. Tried to create install USB without it but the installation would stop complaining that can't find mash_kernel. At the same time I noticed that Yosemite on a genuine iMac does not have mash_kernel nor any hidden file called "kernel" in the root directory. Mavericks has mach_kernel in the root directory!? has something more fundamental changed except from signing kexts?

When do you think we can expect to see a guide outlining the install of Yosemite on a hackintosh? It sounds like the process may be significantly different than the DP's for Mavericks or ML...

There is a 10MB file named "kernel" in Essentials.pkg/System/Library/Kernels, as mentioned by someone else. I don't know if that has anything to do with mach_kernel, but I may be able to upload it if anyone needs it.

The process hasn't changed for the last few revisions, let's try what we usually do for OSx86, then worry about it being "different".

That is the kernel 99% chance. Pacifist is failing to extract it, so someone needs to share it from a real mac.

The process has changed completely I got a bootable usb going issue is no matter the graphics card I get stuck at missing transport and that seems to be the only issue maybe tomorrow we will have it working