Need help for post installation of mavericks 10.9 [boot loader issues]

27 posts in this topic

Hello

This is my first post :)

currently i am posting this on my os x 10.9 mavericks :)

i tried to install the clover efi on the hdd it booted but can't boot into the os x ... :(

i must use the usb to boot the os x...:(

System specs :

CPU : Core i7 4770 non k !

MB : ASUS MAXIMUS VI FORMULA

RAM : kingston HyperX BEAST 2x8 16GB kit

HDD : lots of stuff but i am using a western digital 500GB caviar green drive for testing , will be upgrading to intel series 320 160 GB SSD

GPU : ASUS Nvidia GTX 650 TI BOOST OC (I know that this gnu is irrelevant with the rest of the specs :D this is my old gpu)

SPU : the internal ALC1150 for now.

WIFI+BLUETOOTH : included mpcie combo .

So i need help regarding booting the os x without any problems and without the usb.

also i need to get the wifi & bluetooth working.

I think the gnu is detected automatically maybe it's fine.

EDIT : now i discovered that you don't support tonymac's software , i am not asking for support for his software , i have a working OS X installation missing a working boot loader.

try install the boot loader to your HD if you want boot from HD :yes:

and with this not sufficient: WIFI+BLUETOOTH : included mpcie combo .

we not have crystal ball to know your device id and that hardware you have

finally a reply :thumbsup_anim:

i actually installed the clover to the efi partition on the hdd but maybe i cant configure it correctly... :/

it boots as "uefi os"then lists the drives ,i choose the drive i installed mac to ,then it gives me lots of diagnostic text ending with "missing bluetooth controller transport"

the wifi and bluetooth : wifi Broadcom 802.11ac Network Adapter

and bluetooth i dont know for sure

any advice for this specific motherboard?

Thanks

EDIT : i think that might be it (the wifi bluetooth combo) : http://www.broadcom.com/products/Wireless-LAN/802.11-Wireless-LAN-Solutions/BCM4335

let me explain the problem in more detail ...

i installed the boot loader to the efi partition of the hdd successfully,then i restart and the bios identifies the hdd as "UEFI OS" i choose it as a boot option then it boots, now i have a list of all drives i choose the drive which i installed the mac on, lots of white text appear ending with "missing bluetooth controller transport" and after that i have no option but to reboot...

• Like 1

i installed the boot loader to the efi partition of the hdd successfully,then i restart and the bios identifies the hdd as "UEFI OS" i choose it as a boot option then it boots, now i have a list of all drives i choose the drive which i installed the mac on, lots of white text appear ending with "missing bluetooth controller transport" and after that i have no option but to reboot...

OK, to make this clear to you it is not a Bootloader issue at all. 

The issue is that you are not cofigurating your boot file correctly with the flags for your system. Identify the flags that are needed to boot your org.chameleon.Boot.plist in your Extra folder as needed. For clover it is your config.plist. 

i looked at guides talking about this but i don't understand anything as i am new to this :\

So the boot.plist and or the config plist have the boot flags you need entered into it. This makes you not have to type any flags at boot. Just read a bit more documents about it and look at the file on your install medium. 

ok i read some stuff and stopped at this page of the wiki http://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Configuration i cant find the "minimal" version of the config.plist to start with...

where can i find it or maybe generate it?

just type this in the terminal: /usr/local/bin/clover-genconfig > ~/Desktop/config.plist

That should get you a working version... You can also use Clover Configurator if you prefer a GUI to work with.

To me this sounds like a graphics problem, i. e. OS X is unable to start the display manager. Is your GPU supported by OS X and did you configure clover such that it injects the necessary stuff for your NVIDIA card?

the  /usr/local/bin/clover-genconfig > ~/Desktop/config.plist gives error

and its described in the wiki that i must boot the os x successfully with clover itself with minimal configuration file and after that executing that command...

my gpu is supported by the os x default driver but sadly no offical nvidia driver or modified kext is available for my gpu

the  /usr/local/bin/clover-genconfig > ~/Desktop/config.plist gives error

and its described in the wiki that i must boot the os x successfully with clover itself with minimal configuration file and after that executing that command...

Yes, indeed you first have to boot successfully with clover to use that command. You could try booting in safe mode with "-x" and if that works, call clover-genconfig. 

my gpu is supported by the os x default driver but sadly no offical nvidia driver or modified kext is available for my gnu

IMO as I already stated, there is something missing in your config which prevents graphics from showing up. I think you've got two options here:

1. Read the already pointed to documentation carefully and edit the config step-by-step (and I really mean going through every section in the doc's and see whether it applies or not and change the config accordingly).

2. If you're just beginning with all this stuff (I think this is the case, sorry if it's not...) try another bootloader, e.g. Chameleon which is a bit more handy because it does not provide you that much information and hides most of the pro-stuff. That is, choose the correct setting for your GPU (Probably something with GraphicsEnabler=Yes/No) and give it a shot.

Cheers,

RS

Have a look at @pokenguyen's AIO Guides for Hackintosh and his Hackintosh Vietnam Tool to generate a good basic config.plist.

Try disabling your integrated Intel Graphics in BIOS, disable graphics injection in config.plist (your NVidia should be recognised natively) and boot OSX with injected kexts (FakeSMC in EFI/Clover/Kexts/10.9) and without caches.