Dual booting 8.1 and Mavericks bluetooth pairing issue

stuck

5 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I have had a bluetooth mouse working in both OS following this guide for awhile until the mouse broke.

In getting a new mouse to work, I had to remove the old mouse, but after adding the new mouse, when I navigate to the unique ID of my network adapter here:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\BTHPORT\Parameters\Keys\(Unique ID of your network adapter)

I don't find the device unique id of my mouse... Therefore, after I pair the mouse in OSX, and return to W8.1, I'm unable to "Modify Binary Data"

I'm using "Generic Bluetooth Adapter" driver.  My device manager under bluetooth shows:

Bluetooth Mouse

Device Identification Service

Generic Bluetooth Adapter

Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator

Any help is appreciated.  

Thank you

Personally speaking, BT devices for me work great between 8.1 and OS X. I think MS changed the way link keys were formed.

I did not make any modifications to the link keys though.

It turns out I had paired the mouse/deleted it a few times. So that must have caused 8.1 to store the keys differently somehow. I was able to get the original method to work by deleting the pairing first, then deleting all references to my mouse's bluetooth uniq id (mac address) from the registry. Rebooted 8.1 then paired it again and it showed the key again in the normal area... From there, the original method works...