missing bluetooth controller transport! going nuts trying to figure this out

chrisono

22 posts in this topic

I had a working 10.9.2 install and like a idiot i updated to 10.9.3 with no backup to restore to and my working 10.9.2 install went south badly.  I formatted the drive and tried to install fresh and for a week now i for the life of me cant get past missing bluetooth controller transport! at start up.  

My system is a p8z77-v a intel I7-3770k and a gtx 560(non ti) with 8gigs of ram no other pci cards installed.

I have tried 3 different methods of making the install usb all end in the same error, and my last install that booted with the flags GraphicsEnabler=Yes Dart=0 no longer boots with those and seems to only boot into safe mode 1 time after install then even with -x gives me the error.

the flags i have tried are ( EthernetBuiltin=Yes (and no) GraphicsEnabler=Yes (and no) NPCI=0x2000 (and 0x3000) PCIRootUID=0 (and 1) Dart=0 IGPEnabler=No (and yes)

this is pretty much the same result every time with some variations depending what flags i use but it always ends the same, any help would be greatly appreciated.

vel1kfBl.jpg

The right bootflags is GraphicsEnabler=Yes dart=0 (is case sensitive)

If not work try to change primary video card in bios, set integrated HD4000 as primary and assign 32mb of video RAM; boot with GraphicsEnabler=Yes SkipNvidiaGfx=Yes dart=0

Strange: the HD4000 should work out of the box. Make sure you're using either DVI or HDMI - never VGA for the HD4000! - and a compatible SMBIOS. I recommend iMac 13,1 or 13,2. Good luck!

no when i have my hd4000 enabled in the bios i can't boot clover v2 

ok, i just reinstalled again... its working without safe mode only thing i dont have is audio but i never have that oob,   im terrified to restart because it probably wont work if i do

and uppon restart.... same damn thing

ok, after 2 more re-installs its working. bootflags are -v GraphicsEnabler=Yes IGPEnabler=No dart=0        i have tried this combo before and it didnt work so im not sure whats going on that it works this time, only problem is now is my boot.plist is not being applied so i have to manually enter the flags at each boot  

10.9.3 has IntelHD FrameBuffer issues. Didn't exist in previous versions.

This is not a fix, but it will let you boot to desktop:

Boot into single user mode (-s) & mount drive via on-screen instructions.

cd /Volumes/{your Boot HDD}/System/Library/Extension/
mkdir IntelFB-Bak
mv AppleIntelSN* IntelFB-Bak
reboot

I've also read that some audio is causing KP at boot after 10.9.3  If so you're concerned that might be a problem after boot, add mv AppleHD* IntelFB-Bak while you're at it.