i just recently installed OSX Snow Leopard 10.6.8 on an older C2D (actually Pentium) Lenovo Thincentre M55e. It's running fine so far...unfortunately without any Graphics Acceleration, and not more then 1024x786.
I don't really care for CE/QI on this thing, but at least 1440x900 would be nice. It's probably going to be used as a iTunes Server for Wifi Backup of my sisters iPhone.
But i don't seem to be able to get anything other then 1024x786 as a Resolution. What i tried:
- Putting the Device-ID in the GMA950 Kext, because the GMA 3000 only has a bit more Clock, then the GMA 950. -> Didn't work.
- Trying to get the Resolution over Chameleon -> Didn't work.
- Trying to use another Kext -> didn't work.
- Booting in 32-Bit Mode, also with "- legacy" - didn't work (although i'm booting in 32-Bit Mode anyway)
- Using a Screen-Res Changer -> Didn't work
I'm not sure about the Device-ID in the Kext, because loading it with kextload doesn't get me anything other then "failed to load". Kextutil gets me a "Can't stat xxx.kext - no such file or directory"
So...i'm a bit lost and maybe someone could help me. I would appreciate it very much^^