How can I boot into Mavericks without needing NullCPUPowerMangement on an X58 System

6 posts in this topic

On my X58 system in my signature, it has been an ongoing issue (since 10.9.0) for me to able to successfully load Mavericks without NullCPUPowerMangement. So far I have tried patching the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement (described here) while removing NullCPUPowerManagement, and receiving a KP upon rebooting. I also tried using different kernel versions with NCPM installed: an xcpm-free unaltered version (found here, although it wasn't necessary) would cause a KP, but using a patched kernel (for xcpm, described here) and the GM vanilla kernel would load 10.9 trouble-free. However a KP will still arise each time using one of the kernels without NCPM. I attempted to use the PMPatch utility (found here) but it won't be of any use because my X58 system isn't a UEFI motherboard. I am also using a personalized SSDT made for my system. I have successfully booted into 10.7.5 and 10.8.5 without using NullCPUPowerMangement. I would also like to know why this process is so different from 10.7.5 and 10.8.5 aside from the fact that PM is performed by the kernel. Other than that, if there's any other ideas someone may have so that I can accomplish my goal of loading Mavericks without NullCPUPowerManagement I would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

On my X58 system in my signature, it has been an ongoing issue (since 10.9.0) for me to able to successfully load Mavericks without NullCPUPowerMangement. So far I have tried patching the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement (described here) while removing NullCPUPowerManagement, and receiving a KP upon rebooting. I also tried using different kernel versions with NCPM installed: an xcpm-free unaltered version (found here, although it wasn't necessary) would cause a KP, but using a patched kernel (for xcpm, described here) and the GM vanilla kernel would load 10.9 trouble-free. However a KP will still arise each time using one of the kernels without NCPM. I attempted to use the PMPatch utility (found here) but it won't be of any use because my X58 system isn't a UEFI motherboard. I am also using a personalized SSDT made for my system. I have successfully booted into 10.7.5 and 10.8.5 without using NullCPUPowerMangement. I would also like to know why this process is so different from 10.7.5 and 10.8.5 aside from the fact that PM is performed by the kernel. Other than that, if there's any other ideas someone may have so that I can accomplish my goal of loading Mavericks without NullCPUPowerManagement I would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

You can try this kext

You can try this kext

It didn't work unfortunately. I still have to use NullCPUPowerManagement with your kext to load 10.9.3. Have you been successful at loading 10.9.X without the need of NullCPUPowerManagement? on a X58 system? My Z87 loads 10.9 without NullCPUPowerManagement.

I attempted to use the PMPatch utility (found here) but it won't be of any use because my X58 system isn't a UEFI motherboard.

What on earth led you to think that that means anything. If pmpatch found MSR 0xE2 locked and managed to unlock it, then you now have a BIOS with this register unlocked that you can flash.

I attempted use pmpatch by running it in command prompt but all that happened was a window would flash open and close immediately afterward. Do u have a tutorial on it b/c the developer's instructions didn't elaborate much.