My hackintosh installer cant detect any internal hdd's or sdd's, please help!

sfg98

11 posts in this topic

Hi, im about to install osx 10.7(to later upgrade to mavricks) on my computer, i have installed osx on my computer before but had to uninstall it(because of memory problems). So when i was about to select the disk to install osx on i couldent find any of my internal disks, only my external disk where showing. I have two 4tb segate disks, 1 ocz agility 3 112gb ssd, and a old 600 gb samsung disk. I have tried both the sata3 and sata2 ports but with no luck. My motherboard is a Ga-Z77-D3H. It seems like the installer(i used myhack and the installESD.dmg to make it) doesent make contact with the SATA Controller.

so what sould i do ?

Sorry for my english, and thanks on beforhand.

You need to look at what Disk Utility detects, not the installer. For example, the installer will not show drives that are formatted with NTFS or are MBR partitioned.

Open Disk Utility from the tools menu and see if any of your internal drives appear there.

Okay when you are in the BIOS setup, does your system see the attached SATA drives?  Look in the Boot section where you can set the order of the drives for boot.

And you need to have UEFI/Legacy boot set.

neil

Okay, but i have tried both and it still dosent work

any more sugetions ?

When i think of it i have installed Intel Rapid storage so that i could use my two 4tb seagate drives, does this have anything to say ?

try with only one HD connected  in port SATA=0 and SATA AHCI , I have installed in this Board with zero problems, can be that AppleAHCI not load or not have the device id in the kext to your Controller Sata, take a look

When an Intel SATA controller is set to RAID mode, its device ID changes. That's part of the reason why it suddenly stops working in OS X, the drivers do not know this device ID and they don't load.

I don't know about new controllers (PCH, like yours) but in the days of ICHxR all you needed to do on OS X was inject the RAID mode device ID (AHCIPortInjector.kext or similar) and then it would work. Not in RAID mode though, OS X does not support PC hardware RAID.

If it's in RAID mode now, just try disabling RAID once and boot your OS X installer. If all your drives appear, then it's probably the same situation. Look for someone else with Intel PCH in RAID mode and see what they are doing.

If RAID mode is not set in the BIOS then I have no idea.