Patch DSDT packard bell imedia computer

32 posts in this topic

hi all i have finally got clover booting on my computer but the installer does not load when i try to run it i think i need my dsdt to be patched the thing is i have applied patches to my dsdt but it keeps telling me pair of brackets does not match the tree 

I have uploaded a clean dsdt with no patches is there any one out there who could help with this please 

dsdt.zip

okies sorry specs would help loads my bad 

Specification 

- Intel Dual Core E5200 2.5GHz CPU 

- 2GB DDR2 Ram Memory 

- 320GB Hard Drive 

Motherboard has a nforce chip set 

the GFX card is a xfx 8600gt 

thanks 

Rob

attachicon.gifdsdt.aml.ziptry this: 

you use any kext for nvidia chipsets?

thank you for that dsdt but when i try to compile it in dsdt editor it says there is a error {"_HID suffix must be all hex digits (ID20)"}

at the moment i have a snow leopard installed with mod cd and i have been using clover to boot it as far as i know there is no kext being used for the nvidia chipset 

and i am unable to boot the installer as it either kernel panics on the boot or just hangs when saying about bluetooth controller 

Thanks 

Rob

but  I thought the DSDT had to be a dsl file for clover to work with it 

at the moment its only a aml file i am very confused now :(

No... Bootloaders need binary AML format. They can't do anything (but cause OS X to crash) with text files.

• Like 1

okie dokie i understand now i am trying to work out which folder i should place my dsdt in now on my usb clover disc

EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched

EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched

thank you rehabman i have now done this but now i am faced with another problem, the installer boots in verbose mode but crahses with a hpet problem so in clover i enable the cpu patches c2 etc, when i do this it boots to installer but the screen is grey and spinny beach ball is shown spinning around, the keyboard and mouse both refuses to work as well

set in clover fixHPET flag in ACPI patches, try remove  All Graphics kexts from USBInstaller, boot with -f -v -x dart=0 npci=0x2000

IFire i tried what you suggested and this only shows a new kernel panic right from the off, where before it would load quite a way through before panicking

thanks

Rob 

the panic says the cpu is incorrectly configured 

Edited by bongmasterdarky

Try uncheck all flags in config.plist ACPI, you have the kexts installed in  Partition  EFI/Clover/EFI/kexts10.9 ? like this 7. How to Install the kexts to the USBInstaller/EFI/CloverEFI/Kext 10.9 - https://www.dropbox.... Kexts 10 9.png

post a photo where this stop, and download the kext nforce from this guide  an put in EFI/10.9kexts  nForce OS X Mavericks (10.9) APP STORE DOWNLOAD INSTALL GUIDE on a Series 6 or 7 nForce chipset / Intel CPU MOBO - OSx86 10.9 (Mavericks) - InsanelyMac Forum

Try uncheck all flags in config.plist ACPI, you have the kexts installed in  Partition  EFI/Clover/EFI/kexts10.9 ? like this 7. How to Install the kexts to the USBInstaller/EFI/CloverEFI/Kext 10.9 - https://www.dropbox.... Kexts 10 9.png

post a photo where this stop, and download the kext nforce from this guide  an put in EFI/10.9kexts  nForce OS X Mavericks (10.9) APP STORE DOWNLOAD INSTALL GUIDE on a Series 6 or 7 nForce chipset / Intel CPU MOBO - OSx86 10.9 (Mavericks) - InsanelyMac Forum

okies IFIRE I tired as you suggested and now its not working at all, i placed faksmc, nforceata, and nullcpumanagement in the 10.9 folder on the clove usb

the computer starts booting the kernel but then stops saying wait for root device

before these changes i had no nforce kext and the hard disc was recognised no problem  

there is also a picture of no smoking sign displayed to in the centre of the screen 

thanks 

Rob

okies i removed the nforceata.kext and booted the system again and it has booted past the kernel and now shows a gray screen with a mouse arrow but the keyboard or usb mouse is not working correctly 

use this flag -f -v npci=0x2000 fixUSB=true      use a mouse and keyboard USB to install, PS2 not work

IFIRE i have tried the params you suggested but the usb keyboard and mouse are still refusing to work is there any options in clover i should check to sort this problem out 

thanks 

Rob

EDIT

Problem fix now i used EHCIhard=Yes at clover boot and now it is working RESULT !

okies i have manged to install 10.9 and able to use but now i have more issues, first one is the lan card its a Nvidia one it is recognised by the  nvenet.kext and is shown in the preferences panel but there is no internet access to safari or even in terminal when trying to ping google. I tired removing the kext from the Ionetworking family kext but it is still being loaded, When i use the nforce lan.kext from verdants post the system loads then KP.

the next issue is the shut down and restart is not working the computer just stays on and needs to be powered down by the power button. 

I havent tried getting sound to work just yet but thats the next item i will be looking at 

Thanks 

Rob

IFire i have made the screen shots like you requested 

Note the only kexts i am using with clover is Fakesmc and Nullcpumanagement 

in clover i have to pass EHCIhard=Yes to make my usb keyboard and mouse work 

many thanks 

Rob

post-181845-0-97764200-1401133328_thumb.png

post-181845-0-00167700-1401133355_thumb.png

to your Ethernet take a look in this search engine, and you can search all that you need about hackintosh, but need read a bit  :P

Google Custom Search

ifire i already tired that, I have used nforce lan and it causes a KP i even removed the Nvenet.kext but it is still being loaded 

EDIT

Its now working with Nforce Lan next is to get sound and shutdown restart working

righ update i have managed to get sound working via voodohda but i am pulling my hair out trying to get clover config file to store my boot-args so i dont have to type them in every time 

that and looking for a solution to getting shutdown and restart working

Rob

edit 

i have now managed to get clover to store my boot-args in the config file 

just trying to get shutdown and reboot working. I have tried EVOreboot.kext and that does not work the system does not power off it just stays on with a blank screen

i am bit stumped now as what to do to fix this as its a mega pain in the rear having to press the button to power it off