OS X Install Without Access to Mac

2 posts in this topic

I am trying to install Snow Leopard onto a Dell Optiplex 755. I have been looking for guides on how to do this, but am faced with the problem of not having access to a Mac. I will buy a license for another OS X version (I plan to attempt to upgrade), but I am wondering if it is a requirement to have access to a functioning Macintosh computer to install Snow Leopard. I would prefer not to buy the retail CD for various personal reasons. I have a Dell Inspiron 570 with an AMD processor running 64-bit Win7, so I can use a virtual machine if necessary (if someone could point me to a guide for this). I also have a Dell Latitude D610 (x86) running Ubuntu Gnome. I have had the Optiplex for almost a year now, and I have been searching for a guide for this for almost that entire time. All of them that I found, however, either required a Mac or did not work for whatever reason. This is my first post on this forum, so if this topic is in the wrong section please let me know, this was the closest section I could find to my problem. I have tried finding the iPC torrents, but they would not download or were not seeded when I tried to download them.