GTX650 or GTX750?

viomusicstudio

10 posts in this topic

hi..

I have a gtx650 oob with GE=no with 10.9.3, on asrock h87m pro4 i5 4430, but have issues with sound conflicts with

processor audio,onboard audio alc892, and the sound with video card audio hdmi .I think...voodoo and applehda..but still making some tests..I don't use dsdt..

but video by itself is ok

c.frio

Which video card is better than gts450 (I have one too) and compatible with macosx out of the box without errors?

I have a GTX 660 working perfectly in 10.9.3. It's the vanilla version from EVGA. I haven't done anything to make it work, it just does. I believe a little extra work is required if you need HDMI audio.

I'm sure there's a 7xx card available at a better value for money ratio by now.

hi...

I finaly made audio works with alc892(as rock h87mpro4) with a files from ALC892noDSDT from osx86net...no HDMI,I'm on a monitor but I'll try voodoo more close later...,and @viomusicstudio...no ..I didn't try any game...any free one suggested?

c.frio

If it's for Mac gaming then the 650 will do fine, unless your display is larger than 1920x1080.

Here's a list of game demos for Mac on Steam and elsewhere: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1429761

I don't know what would be a good game to test, probably very few games for Mac will give any modern GPU trouble.

I have the 750 ti and it's not supported here, installed the 10.9.3 update but I had to remove every *nvd to boot!

If anyone can help get better resoultion than 1024 * 768 with workaround or something, please let me know!
Thanks!