Black screen after 10.9.3 upgrade

7 posts in this topic

Yesterday, I installed 10.9.3 update for my Maverick installation. After that, I cannot see the log in screen any more. When the system is booting, I saw console output and everything normal. After that, the log in screen should be shown, but I just got "No signal" on my monitor.

This problem is very close to the one here.

Graphic card: Geforce 760

Bootloader: Clover EFI

Monitor: LCD with DVI port

BTW: I tried to plug in a HDMI monitor to the system and the log in screen can be seen on that monitor. However, the two DVI ports on this graphic card does not output any signal.

hello

have u try to downgrade 10.9.2 kext for graphics.. is not a solution but for now.. 

some people are reporting graphics problems in 10.9.3

good hack

• Like 1

hello

have u try to downgrade 10.9.2 kext for graphics.. is not a solution but for now.. 

some people are reporting graphics problems in 10.9.3

good hack

I extract the NVDA*.kext, GeForce*.kext and IOAcceleratorFamily.kext from 10.9.2 combo update package and put them to my Clover kext folder. Also, I disabled (rename) GeForce.kext, NVDAGK100Hal.kext, NVDAResman.kext and NVDAStartup.kext in /S/L/E. Then the monitor works well.

Anyway, I guess this is not a permanent  solution... Hopefully someone figure out the modification to the new driver and make it works.

BTW: It seems that Clover cannot override the kexts without manually disabled them in /S/L/E. I got a message said something is "prelinked" to kernel and it tried to load the original ones from /S/L/E.

It may be off-topic but darn it,im gonna post it anyway. I had problems with my graphics too since I installed 10.9.3.. Immediately after the update, i restarted and lost hardware acceleration. FYI i have an MSI Radeon HD 6770. I fixed it by manually injecting my deviceid in the appropriate kexts. Since that it was working fine till yesterday,where it began to act crazy.Specifically, yesterday, in my dual screen setup ( 1 hdmi + 1 dvi ), the dvi monitor had scrambled resolutions (including not real ones, such as 2440*1768 or something like that) and got recognized as a generic vga display. When i restarted in windows 8, the problem remained. Same crazy resolution options and "generic pnp display". I had to plug my monitor to the integrated GPU and install intel hd graphics drivers so it could recognize the monitor correctly and find the correct resolutions.Before that,if it matters in any way,i connected the monitor to 2 different computers, and then deleted edid configurations and disabled load + patch vbios in clover.

EDIT:Forgot to say that yesterday, the monitor connected over HDMI all this time worked as expected.

I extract the NVDA*.kext, GeForce*.kext and IOAcceleratorFamily.kext from 10.9.2 combo update package and put them to my Clover kext folder. Also, I disabled (rename) GeForce.kext, NVDAGK100Hal.kext, NVDAResman.kext and NVDAStartup.kext in /S/L/E. Then the monitor works well.

Anyway, I guess this is not a permanent  solution... Hopefully someone figure out the modification to the new driver and make it works.

BTW: It seems that Clover cannot override the kexts without manually disabled them in /S/L/E. I got a message said something is "prelinked" to kernel and it tried to load the original ones from /S/L/E.

Change your smBios.Disable your IGP on Bios.