[SOLVED] PCGenRTL8139Ethernet.kext "ethernet cannot wake assert from d3cold"

polyzargone

2 posts in this topic

Hi !

I've got a strange problem with my PCGenRTL8139Ethernet.kext :

I have an Asus p5gc-mx/1333 and a PCI Ethernet NIC with RTL8139 chipset running 10.9.3. Everything was fine until yesterday. For some unknown reason, the ethernet connection stoppped working. I tried to boot -f or - x or -x -f -v, UseKernelCache=Yes/No, USBBusFix=Yes/No, PCIRoot=0 etc. but still no connection anymore. I re-installed the kext, rebuild cache & permissions, no way.

I deleted NetworkInterface.plist then re-installed the kext once again. After severeal attemps, I got my connection back and everything was OK until… next reboot.

I started over with random success (sometimes it boots fine and the interface is recognized when I use bootflag -v). But everytime I reboot, I m' not sure the connection will be back.

I'm sure the NIC works fine as I have no issue on Windows 8.1.

In verbose mode, I've noticed that message : "ethernet cannot wake assert from d3cold" when things goes wrong. When the connection is OK, I see PCGenRTL8139 disable flow control (something like that, can't remember the exact message ;-(

I made no change in my setup except the change of my Radeon HD 5450 by a Radeon HD 6570 and when I updated tfrom 10.9.2 to 10.9.3, everything was OK so I really don't know why I suddendly have this problem now.

Any help please ? Thanks !

[sOLVED] My Asus P5GC-MX/1333 has a known bug with the bottom PCI Slot where my LAN Adapter was attached. Just moved it to the upper one and my card is now recognized. But a mystery remains : the bottom PCI SLot was previously filled with my Lan Adapter and the upper one was with a Firewire Adapter and this setup was working. When I recently removed the Firewire adapter and left the Lan card on the bottom slot, problems started to occurs.

Now my Firewire adapter fills the bottom slot and it's not recognized. This is a minor issue for me but that's a strage behavior…

Edited by polyzargone