Mac OS X Mavericks 10.9.2 and Windows 7 on Fujitsu LIFEBOOK AH530 GFX

2 posts in this topic

This is my first guide and I know my english is not perfect but please be kind :D

Here is a post for everyone else that have the same computer with me. The full specs are:

CPU: Intel Core i3 M370 2.40 GHz
RAM: 3GB (Personally I have upgraded it to 6GB, 2+4)
Graphics Card: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650 1GB (The ATI Mobility Radeon v550 has been renamed to 4650)
Chipset: Intel 5 Series/3400 Series Chipset
Audio Card: Realtek HD Audio ALC269
Ethernet Card: Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller
Wireless Card: Atheros AR9285
Hard disk: 500GB SATA
Touchpad: Synaptics PS2 Touchpad

So here is the detailed process:

1)The distro I used is Niresh's OS X 10.9.0 which can be found with a simple google search(you can also download the DMG version and write it to a usb stick using http://sourceforge.net/projects/win32diskimager/)

2)Burn this iso to a DVD.
WARNINGS: If you can, verify that it has been burned without errors because I spent three days trying to find out why the installation was constantly failing and it was because a package was corrupted in the DVD during burning process!
If you can burn it to the lower speed available to avoid this.

3)Boot from the DVD, no kernel flags needed, just wait about 10 minutes to show you the language selection screen. If you get random shutdown during boot or installation just retry.

4)Some people say you need to have a completely empty hard disk but in my case I just resized the Windows 7 partition using Easus Partition Master(Free) in windows, then formatted the free space as NTFS and then during installation I reformatted it as Mac OS X Journaled using the disk utility provided by the installer.

5)Now the most important part, selecting what to install from the customize menu. Seriously, DON'T touch anything! Leave all options to default!

6)The installation should finish successfully(in my case during the first attempt it failed with a hard reset, I just retried and everything was fine), if not, check the log to see what's wrong and maybe I can help you. Now, in my case, after reboot I just booted normally in Windows 7, which means there was no bootloader installed, so now is the part where you configure the bootloader. Download and install EasyBCD(Google it, it's free) and run it as administrator. In the bcd backup/repair section, make a backup first and then apply one by one the three options: reset...., recreate...., change boot drive(select C: ). Now go to add entry and add an entry for Windows 7 and then add the Niresh's 10.9.0 ISO as boot entry(Portable/External Media --> ISO tab). Go to edit boot menu section and click save. Close EasyBCD and then open it again. Now if there are no entries under edit boot menu section, add the two entries again and then save again. Then close. Repeat this until you see entries under the edit boot menu section immediately after opening EasyBCD.

7)Now reboot and from the menu select the mac entry hit enter and from the next menu select the drive name where you installed Mac(the name you specified when formatted during installation). I got a random shutdown after mac finished loading but just restarted and everything was fine. After some time you will see mac startup wizard, just go on(if you dont get startup wizard but a user login, reboot with -s flag and change the default root password to use it later to login, search google for process), we will fix the resolution later. After finishing the startup wizard and the desktop comes up you will see some messages in the right up corner telling you about repairing permissions and rebuilding cache. Don't shutdown until you see that everything has completed. (In my case computer shut down almost 4 times until I got the 'Operation Completed' message).

Kexts(10.9.0): 

-----> Audio(Speakers, Headphones, Microphone)
Delete the current VoodooHDA.kext from '/System/Library/Extensions/'. Run Kext Wizard and install VoodooHDA.kext from 10.9.0 folder. Go to the 'Maintenance' tab and click the '/System/Library/Extensions' checkbox and the two checkboxes under it and then click 'Execute'. Restart. 

----->Graphics
Delete AMD4600Controller.kext from /System/Library/Extensions/ and install AMD4600Controller.kext and ATY_Init.kext from 10.9.0 folder.

----->WiFi
Install IO80211Family.kext from 10.9.0 folder.

UPDATE TO 10.9.2:
Save AMD4600Controller.kext and ATIRadeonX2000.kext from 10.9.2 folder to your desktop in your Mac.
Launch AppStore and download and install the 10.9.2 update.
After restart, boot with -x (safe mode) and wait for it to load the desktop.
Install the kexts you saved previously using Kext Wizard.
Reboot.

-----> Audio(Speakers, Headphones, Microphone)
Delete the current VoodooHDA.kext from /System/Library/Extensions/. Run kext wizard and install VoodooHDA.kext from 10.9.2 folder. Go to the 'Maintenance' tab and click the '/System/Library/Extensions' checkbox and the two checkboxes under it and click 'Execute'. Restart. 

----->WiFi
Install IO80211Family.kext from 10.9.2 folder.

Congratulations you are running the latest version of Mac OS X on a non-apple computer!

Enjoy your new Hackintosh!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• 3 months later...

Hi Black Snake.

I tried installing OSX 10.9 on the same Laptop retail, means with untouched OSX Installer. Everything went fine, but I am not able to get soudn and keybord work.

I am not shure how Niresh got it to work, but would you be so kind and can check System/Library /Extensions or /Extra according to any ApplePS2 oder VooDooPS2 drivers and post them here. Do you habe any DSDT in place?

Thanks for your support.

Yours Simon