Intel HD 4000 7 Series Motherboard Acceleration(10.9.2)

intel 4000 intel 4000 10.9.2

Best Answer TheBlackSnake, 20 May 2014 - 05:20 PM

Got the dvi cable and finally appleintelhd4000.kext loaded. With IntelCapriFB=0 and GraphicsEnabler=Yes I have full acceleration Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

TheBlackSnake

TheBlackSnake

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Hi,

I have been using niresh's mavericks 10.9.2(updated from 10.9.0) to my old laptop with ati 4650 and everything was working. Recently I bought a new custom desktop and moved the hdd from laptop to desktop. I had to run the command 'grafix backup all' which deletes all graphics kexts from /S/L/E to boot to desktop(before I was stuck at spinning wheel). There were no kexts loaded for my intel 4000 but with chameleon, and with "Graphics Mode=1366x768x32" I managed to get native resolution on my vga out. But apart from this graphics suck! I have tried all the kexts I could find aboout intel 4000 but always stuck at the spinning wheel. I really need 3d acceleration through vga, or else my system is almost unusable(no youtube videos, flashing safari etc). Below are my full specs. Can anybody help me?

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H77-DS3H

Cpu: i7 3770

psu: corsair vs 650w

graphics: intel hd 4000  (0x08086, 0x0162)

Allaп

Allaп

Staff Member

• Local Moderators
  • 3,190 posts
  • Interests:Yosemite PR

try this: -v -x -f IntelCapriFB=3 GraphicsEnabler=Yes

and look this: http://www.insanelym...ig-platform-id/

pokenguyen

pokenguyen

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts

For Desktop, you can use CapriFB=10. And you NEVER get QE/CI working with VGA out. Use DVI/HDMI ports or a DVI-to-VGA/HDMI-to-VGA may help.

http://www.insanelym...h/#entry2019596

TheBlackSnake

TheBlackSnake

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Thank you both, but I was stuck at "dsmos has arrived". Supposing I get a dvi male to vga female will it work immediately or would I have to do something else? (For example restore the intel kexts to /S/L/E ?

pokenguyen

pokenguyen

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Thank you both, but I was stuck at "dsmos has arrived". Supposing I get a dvi male to vga female will it work immediately or would I have to do something else? (For example restore the intel kexts to /S/L/E ?

Try both.

TheBlackSnake

TheBlackSnake

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

What do you mean try both?

I tried with -v -x -f IntelCapriFB=3 GraphicsEnabler=Yes

and with IntelCapriFB=10 .

The guy in this page seems to have the same hardware with me(0x0162, 0x08086) and I think he says he have injected ig-platform-id with value 01660000 and it's working on the dvi port.

According to this page "I also introduced the ability to inject a custom AAPL,ig-platform-id for both kind of gfx (Ivy & Haswell) the keyflag is InjectIntel-ig
ex: InjectIntel-ig=09006601 (a flipped 01660009)", I have to add "InjectIntel-ig=00006601" and "IntelCapriFB=0" to org.chameleon.Boot.plist.

Am I right?

Note: I can reach the desktop through vga by restoring all the AppleIntel graphics kexts and with flags "IntelCapriFB=0 GraphicsEnabler=No". With Kext Wizard I can confirm that AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext IS loaded. Though still no acceleration.

pokenguyen

pokenguyen

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts

What's the point? You never get acceleration with VGA. IntelCapriFB=3 or 10 will be useless.

I meant try both of this:

Supposing I get a dvi male to vga female will it work immediately or would I have to do something else? (For example restore the intel kexts to /S/L/E ?

TheBlackSnake

TheBlackSnake

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

So you are saying the only way to get full acceleration is to output to display using dvi? Double asking before spend 10 euros for the cable :)

Gringo Vermelho

Gringo Vermelho

The Jan Bird fix

• Supervisors
  • 6,111 posts

NO... for f's sake lol

He's trying to tell you that HD4000 VGA output does not work on OS X.

Use any other output.

Onixs

Onixs

Since 2007

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts
You just made my day TheBlackSnake. Thank You!

TheBlackSnake

TheBlackSnake

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

lol :lol:  Sorry guys I was meant to say dvi. I will get the cable today and will update

Gringo Vermelho

Gringo Vermelho

The Jan Bird fix

• Supervisors
  • 6,111 posts

Well thank you for editing your post and making me look like an ass. :D Good luck

TheBlackSnake

TheBlackSnake

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Best Answer

Got the dvi cable and finally appleintelhd4000.kext loaded. With IntelCapriFB=0 and GraphicsEnabler=Yes I have full acceleration

insanelyf3r

insanelyf3r

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hey guys! I bought a laptop Lenovo B590, it has an Intel Processor i3-3110M 2.4GHz with a HD4000 integrated on a 7 series motherboard. 

I installed Mountain Lion 10.8.2 and i got full acceleration with Enoch Bootloader and IntelCapriFB=3 GraphicsEnabler=Yes, but my mouse pointer disappears one or two seconds after log. Eventually the cursor converts in lines of colors. My BIOS setup hasn´t video memory settings, because i can´t change it.

Please, help me. This is the only problem I have to use my laptop successfull.

Thank you!!

And sorry for my english, it is not my native language.

UPDATE: If I zoom the display the mouse pointer appears.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy