I have tried looking everywhere! I just can't find an answer!

8 posts in this topic

Sorry if this is in the wrong place on this forum but here is my post:

Hi everyone. I want to build a hackintosh and I have searched and searched for completed stable builds but I cannot find one. Please someone help me. I want to build a hackintosh that is $400 or less. I want to have parts that work completely with OSX and have a haswell processer. IDC which one it is. I also want a motherboard with a DSDT available so it will be stable. I don't really want to install any kexts that I do not have too because I have had a bad experience with kexts when trying to hackintosh my laptop. but please help me find a part list that I can buy and build, and install OSX on without any problems like freezing or whatever. 

P.S: The monitor is not included with the $400 price tag. I am fine with 4GB of RAM. If I can fit more in my budget, than that is great. I also am fine with the integrated graphics on the processor.

This is the right place to ask questions. I have asked many of these myself as I have learned about building a computer to run MacOS X.

First, your budget for a build is WAY too low. The Haswell processor will cost you about $300 itself. The motherboard around $250.00.

Then there is memory costs, hard drive costs, video card costs power supply and case.

When I first built my Hack in 2010, the total cost was about $1700 but that included a water cooler and cooling fans for the memory (not including a monitor)

Choosing a bootloader is the key to a successful build. Loading the OS with a USB stick. Good components are not cheap! Gigabyte motherboards are the closest to an Apple mb and there is much more to learn.

Kexts are necessary as even Apple uses them with their computers.  Ask away!

OK so I found these cheap parts. Do you think they will work. Since this is my first hackintosh I do not want to go overboard. I just want a machine that I can use mail, calendar, chrome, and maybe a few other programs. I posted a picture of the parts list below:

P.S: I am fine with the integrated graphics

post-1161338-0-90735900-1400550621_thumb.png

Edited by Gringo Vermelho
Full quote removed. Please don't quote entire posts when replying directly below them.

Here. $413 after $30 in mail in rebates. 

Newegg.com Shopping Cart.pdf

This is the right place to ask questions. I have asked many of these myself as I have learned about building a computer to run MacOS X.

First, your budget for a build is WAY too low. The Haswell processor will cost you about $300 itself. The motherboard around $250.00.

Then there is memory costs, hard drive costs, video card costs power supply and case.

When I first built my Hack in 2010, the total cost was about $1700 but that included a water cooler and cooling fans for the memory (not including a monitor)

Choosing a bootloader is the key to a successful build. Loading the OS with a USB stick. Good components are not cheap! Gigabyte motherboards are the closest to an Apple mb and there is much more to learn.

Kexts are necessary as even Apple uses them with their computers.  Ask away!

And what are you talking about? I want to sell you computer components... 

Sorry if this is in the wrong place on this forum but here is my post:

Hi everyone. I want to build a hackintosh and I have searched and searched for completed stable builds but I cannot find one. Please someone help me. I want to build a hackintosh that is $400 or less. I want to have parts that work completely with OSX and have a haswell processer. IDC which one it is. I also want a motherboard with a DSDT available so it will be stable. I don't really want to install any kexts that I do not have too because I have had a bad experience with kexts when trying to hackintosh my laptop. but please help me find a part list that I can buy and build, and install OSX on without any problems like freezing or whatever. 

P.S: The monitor is not included with the $400 price tag. I am fine with 4GB of RAM. If I can fit more in my budget, than that is great. I also am fine with the integrated graphics on the processor.

If you don't want to do the work then do not build a Hackintosh and we do not want to hear about how you do not have the money to do so. Either put in the work to do it right or don't make the system and save up for a real mac. Good luck. ;)

• Like 1

That. Also try to make it easy for others to help you. For example, at least you could post a link to the page for that motherboard at Gigabyte's website - not a photo.

attachicon.gifNewegg.com Shopping Cart.pdf

If you don't want to do the work then do not build a Hackintosh and we do not want to hear about how you do not have the money to do so. Either put in the work to do it right or don't make the system and save up for a real mac. Good luck. ;)

Sorry guys. I didn't think of doing that. I just want to build a cheap hackintosh for fun since its my first time. I have the money, its just that I want a summer project and I don't want to spend too much on it. Sorry for not linking the parts. So do you guys think these parts will work?

Rampage Dev doesn't fool around, at least, if he does I haven't seen it yet....the motherboard and the other parts in the Newegg shopping cart pdf that he put together for you are good to go.

attachicon.gifNewegg.com Shopping Cart.pdf

Alright well thank you so much guys.

• Like 1