Black Screen Post Install

3 posts in this topic

Hey guys, have yet another prob I could REALLY use help with. I've installed 10.8.2 on a Dell XPS 210 and install went just fine (iAtkos ML2). I could boot post install with the onboard Intel GPU but one resolution and it's just not supported. So, i got a Nvidia GT 530 PCIe 1GB card and now black screen on boot. I've added the device ID to NV kexts and GeForce Kext. No joy. Without any NV kexts installed it boots fine but with one resolution obviously. Tried MANY boot flags. Does ANYBODY have a solution to this problem? I have one more day to make his work. Thanks in advance! :-)

Dell XPS 210

Core 2 Duo

2G RAM

1TB Drive

Zotac Geforce GT 530 PCIe DDR3 1GB (DVI/HDMI and an add on VGA on the card)

Also I'm using a DVI to VGA adapter because my monitor only has VGA. Could that be a problem?

Well, got no response so i went and got a new monitor with DVI. Same black screen post install. Someone as to know what's up with this.

[sOLVED] Ok, if anyone stumbles on this post I hope this helps. Don't be an idiot like me. I did a fresh install and booted with -v PCIRootUID=4. The number 4 being key. Hours of trial an error and that's all it was. Jeez