Maverics 10.9.3 official release

Slice

60 posts in this topic

hi...

updated on a Asrock H87M pro4 with i5 and nvidia gtx650 ,external USB HD and boot with clover....all OK.... just had to remove AppleHDA 'cause I use voodoo...

'll update on the others I have later ..

EDIT... updated on a gigabyte Z87x ud3h...i5,GT220, all OK no problems

edit#2 updated on a as rock h77m.i3,gt210 ..all ok, no problems

c.frio

works fine, its breake the habit, when before used clover, i always struggled with my Nvidia Geforce 8400GS. with clover.. all fine.

just apply patch my AppleHDA and done. (did not know the step about patch on the fly in clover for applehda).

thanks for clover.

@Velvet Assassin guy. Yeah, I use 5,1 and I have already removed that kext. Booted up just fine. Thanks! Do I need that kext for anything BTW? I remember the advise from someone to block it, not to delete it. 

Yes, this is

<dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>No Panic on MacPro4,1 - 5,1</string>
                <key>Name</key>
                <string>AppleTyMCEDriver</string>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>cgoATWFjUHJvNCwxAE1hY1BybzUsMQBY</data>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>cgoAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABY</data>
            </dict>
  • Like 1

Updated without any major issues.

For my setup:

- Slight GeekBench improvement (up ~200).

- New Nvidia drivers fix power management issue.

- At startup, the desktop now flashes directly on instead of the 'fade in' animation. The animation can still be seen at login.

- Users folder is hidden at every reboot. This issue is also affecting many real macs and will be fixed by Apple (unless it's a "feature").

- Preview is slow again, taking 1-2 sec to open and display jpeg - should be instant. The 10.9.2 supplemental update fixed it, 10.9.3 broke it again. I hate preview.

No surprises here but then I had been running some of the pre-releases.

Just the usual AppleHDA and OpenCL.framework patch. New nVidia web drivers finally fix the OpenCL power management bug so I reverted my patch and installed these.

I can confirm that....Stock drivers still didn't fix the PM bug but the new Nvidia drives did fix it.

good update had to reinstall chrome cause it slowed down to a crawl also my dsdt and audio need to be installed and besides that everything works great 

that itunes fix also fixed itunes radio bug where songs where not showing the right artist 

Updated to 10.9.3 and using Clover. There is only one issue, the primary and secondary display switched. for the desktop, I can fix that in the panel, but the login window is now on the second display :(

Any idea how to fix that?

Everyone seems to be using Clover UEFI.  Is that the best option for Haswell/IvyBridge and graphics in general or is Chameleon the better option for Intel Core 2 Duo and core 2 Quad processors/graphics with this latest release 10.9.3?

Thanks

Everyone seems to be using Clover UEFI.  Is that the best option for Haswell/IvyBridge and graphics in general or is Chameleon the better option for Intel Core 2 Duo and core 2 Quad processors/graphics with this latest release 10.9.3?

Thanks

Chameleon can't be better in any situation. See my signature. All of these computers are controlled by Clover.

• Like 1

Im using Clover on old hardware with no problems. For my needs chameleon would do just as well. I thought it was strange that everyone was pointing out that they are using Clover but I guess most feel its some kind of accomplishment. Simple things..

Updated in my desktop in signature. I needed to re-install appleHDA.kext. But it increased the time to shutdown. The pc stops but fans go for furthers 15-20 seconds (same way when it miss patch or kext for shutdown) and then stop. I have 2 partitions alternatively updated and in 10.9.2 partition this does'nt happen. I have chameleon and fixed and patched DSDT in /extra e /extra/Acpi

Any idea?