HD4600 Hdmi audio and alc887vd not working tried and failed

kidalive

13 posts in this topic

I googled around and found toleda has a few methods to make Alc887 and HD4600 HDMI working. I am using Clover BL and 10.9.3. I tried toleda's HDMI audio hacks but failed. My hd4600 can work with stock kexts without igplatformid hacks but no HDMI audio. What is the difference between ALC887 and ALC887-VD? I attached with my sound codecs. My audio has five jacks shows below.

Front: Mic (Pink), Headphone (Green)

Rear: Mic (Pink), LineOut (Green), LineIn (Blue)

ALC887-VD codec.zip

Does toleda`s ALC887 drivers working with ALC887-VD? 

Yes and no.  Likely Line In will work and HDMI audio (if enabled properly).  Laptops configure the pink and green ports differently than Desktops.  Edits to realtekALC.kext pinconfigs and pathmaps are required for your system.

Yes and no.  Likely Line In will work and HDMI audio (if enabled properly).  Laptops configure the pink and green ports differently than Desktops.  Edits to realtekALC.kext pinconfigs and pathmaps are required for your system.

I am using desktop. Can you be more specific? I am confused by your 5 methods. I want to enable sound with DSDT but my DSDT has 2 errors and no GFX0 entry. I have to added it with Igpu? Can you show me the way do it manually? I want to learn this and do according to my DSDT. I saw you wrote no DTGP required, do you mean we don`t need DSM methods any more? I am confused about your Realtek ALC Clover injection method and the DSDT injection method. If I were using Realtek ALC Clover injection method, should I delete DSDT fix in config.plist? How about DSDT injection method? My original DSDT and sound codec attached below.dsdt.dat.zip

ALC887-VD codec.zip

B.t.w what do you mean you wrote HD4600 - TBA in your AppleHDA HDMI Audio thread?

I am using desktop. Can you be more specific?

My previous reply is wrong, my mistake. toleda/audio_CloverALC will work for you, no need to consider other injection methods. CloverALC uses the native AppleHDA.kext and the native dsdt. Two audio IDs will work on your system:

Audio ID: 1, Motherboard green, blue and pink supported, front panel no change

Audio ID: 2, Motherboard blue and pink are repurposed to black and orange for 5.1 output, front panel no change.

TBA means To Be Added, has not happened.

My previous reply is wrong, my mistake. toleda/audio_CloverALC will work for you, no need to consider other injection methods. CloverALC uses the native AppleHDA.kext and the native dsdt. Two audio IDs will work on your system:

Audio ID: 1, Motherboard green, blue and pink supported, front panel no change

Audio ID: 2, Motherboard blue and pink are repurposed to black and orange for 5.1 output, front panel no change.

TBA means To Be Added, has not happened.

Thanks for replying, Do u mean I simply has to add Device/Inject=1 in my config.plist and done? No DSDT and extra kext needed? I read your thread suggests use Kext-to-patch of config.plist. How to do that?

No. Native dsdt + native AppleHDA.kext + toleda/audio_CloverALC/README.txt

How to do that? I am confused by your readme file. You mentioned KernelAndKextPatches/KextsToPatch/AppleHDA and AppleHDAControlle, but I found out the sample config.plist u provided has 4 entries under KexttoPatch section. I also noticed u mentioned about batch command file and RealtekAlc.kext. I found no RealtekAlc.kext on your github website. I am confused.

noticed u mentioned about batch command file and RealtekAlc.kext. I found no RealtekAlc.kext on your github website. I am confused.

You are confusing 3 different repos.  Disregard audio_CloverHDMI, those patches are required for HDMI audio only. 

For onboard audio see audio_CloverALC (link above).  On the right side of the web page is a "Download ZIP" button; press that button. See Downloads/audio_cloverALC-master folder for the realtekALC.kext and config-audio_cloverALC.plist.  Next, select ...audio_ALC887; on that web page, select "Download ZIP".  At this point you will have all the files you need on your system. The installation instructions are noted in audio_cloverALC-master/README.txt.

You are confusing 3 different repos.  Disregard audio_CloverHDMI, those patches are required for HDMI audio only. 

For onboard audio see audio_CloverALC (link above).  On the right side of the web page is a "Download ZIP" button; press that button. See Downloads/audio_cloverALC-master folder for the realtekALC.kext and config-audio_cloverALC.plist.  Next, select ...audio_ALC887; on that web page, select "Download ZIP".  At this point you will have all the files you need on your system. The installation instructions are noted in audio_cloverALC-master/README.txt.

I want to enable HDMI audio and onboard audio. I cannot enable HDMI audio. I want to first enable HDMI audio. What should I do?

P.s. I enabled onboard audio with Mirone`s Kext but with sound assertions. 

Any idea how to enable the HDMI audio? I tried your ssdt patch not working for me. Should I change the ig-platform-id to make HDMI audio working?

I used MIrone's applehda to get onboard audio working he claims alc887-vd and the layout-id is 4. And I used the command scripts you provided to patch stock applehda and intelframebufferazul with patched Dsdt(8 SERIES clean +pegp dsdt clean) still no HDMI audio. I also tried stock applehda or Mirine's applehda with the config.plist setting you provided with Dsdt still not working. What is wrong? Did I miss sth?

Please tell me wether I followed  the right steps. 

First, I applied 8series-clean compile patch then I applied desktop-add_dsdt/pci0/pop2 with PEGP patch, finally I applied Desktop-HD5K/AMD/NVIDIA-A1 patch.

Should I run the command scripts to patch AppleHDA and AppleIntelFramebufferAzul to get HDMI audio? Which command scripts do you suggest?

B.t.w. what is NUC-HD5K-A1? What does NUC mean?

After the DSDT patch I got this. GFX0 and IGPU shows up the same time.

Device (GFX0)
                {
                    Name (_ADR, Zero)
                    Name (_SUN, One)
                    Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
                    {
                        If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero)) { Return (Buffer() { 0x03 } ) }
                        Return (Package()
                        {
                            "@0,connector-type", Buffer() { 0x00, 0x08, 0x00, 0x00 },
                            "@1,connector-type", Buffer() { 0x00, 0x08, 0x00, 0x00 },
                            "@2,connector-type", Buffer() { 0x00, 0x08, 0x00, 0x00 },
                            "@3,connector-type", Buffer() { 0x00, 0x08, 0x00, 0x00 },
                            "hda-gfx", Buffer() { "onboard-2" },
                        })
                    }
                }
                Device (HDAU)
                {
                    Name (_ADR, One)
                    {
                        Return (Package()
                        {
                            "layout-id", Buffer() { 0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00 },
                            "hda-gfx", Buffer() { "onboard-2" },
                        })
                    }
                }
            }
            Device (IGPU)
            {
                Name (_ADR, 0x00020000)
                {
                    Return (Package()
                    {
                        "AAPL,ig-platform-id", Buffer() { 0x03, 0x00, 0x22, 0x0D },
                        "hda-gfx", Buffer() { "onboard-1" },
                    })
                }
            }
            Device (HDAU)
            {
                Name (_ADR, 0x00030000)
                {
                    Return (Package()
                    {