[Guide] AIO Guides For Hackintosh

607 posts in this topic

Hi,

I cured my issue by using choice 2 for step three ( Manual copy of the install esd thing) that works very well. However can someone point me to the thread that shows how to use clover to boot and how to create a system revovery partition that is functional.

Thansk for the great work on this guide Thums up.  :thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim:

lemans

You don't need Recovery HD anymore, it's a waste of time (and :2cents: ) and btw, you just need to make an img file of your Installer usb to use it whenever something is broken :) so that you can make again your installer on any OS (windows, linux distros or even OS X) :)

You don't need Recovery HD anymore, it's a waste of time (and :2cents: ) and btw, you just need to make an img file of your Installer usb to use it whenever something is broken :) so that you can make again your installer on any OS (windows, linux distros or even OS X) :)

That's a great idea!

Let's say I'm making a DMG/ISO/CDR

How do I "burn" it to USB in windows?

Tried Rufus and unetbootin and it didn't work.

You know what, if you wanna really use the Recovery Mode as stated with vusun, you load OS X, and you make a Clean System DMG of your actual OS, to do that, download AutoDMG https://github.com/MagerValp/AutoDMG then Drag your OS X Installer (TIP: You can't install an OS X version if you dont run it, e.g: wanna make a Mavericks rescue System DMG, you should be running Mavericks, you can't make that DMG if you're running Yosemite or other than Mavericks, same occures to Yosemite, wanna yosemite system dmg, you run that app and use the Yosemite installer on a Yosemite environement) then it will proceed to the install (you can use OS X as usual, the install process to that DMG is made in background, then when it finishes, save that dmg somewhere safe ( = NOT IN YOUR OS X PARTITION!), then when your OS X goes bananas, you just go to recovery mode, open disk utility, format your OS X partition, mount your OS X system dmg we made earlier, restore it, install needed kexts if needed (that need Terminal command lines, you may skip that if clover is injecting your kexts) and make sure you have FakeSMC! then reboot and TADA! your OS X is back without the need to any reinstall.

So basically you make the DMG for ONCE, and then you restore it whenever you want, and another benefit, you can use that same DMG (since it's a clean OS X system) on many many computers :D , you may even use it to boot OS X from whinin a USB drive and test stuff or have OS X On-The-Go (which is a bad idea! cuz you need to add kexts and configuration for each different PC, but hey, clover can take care of that :) )

WOW, after that I think I should make a GUIDE about OS X OTG :P

I'm trying to get the installer up and running.  Everything worked the first time I followed this guide, however I can't seem to get a bootable installer this time around.  I'm booting with Clover since I need the UEFI support, but I can never get the actual installer to boot.  Either it starts to load the installer then immediately reboots (choice 2 for Yosemite) or hangs forever after displaying something about Bluetooth not working (usually a graphics issue iirc) (choice 1).  I've tried the Vietnam Tool, as well as using just the clover installer and clover configurator.  My graphics card is in Intel HD 4400, the processor is a Core i5 Haswell gen (mobile).  I think the issue may be with the config.plist, as the clover on my laptop boots, but mouse and keyboard don't work.  The really weird part about this is that the first time I did this everything worked (until I tried to add kexts or edit my DSDT which unexplicably killed my ethernet). Any suggestions?

@pokenguyen :

neu ban dang o Vietnam thi bn co the cho minh xin facebook hoac yahoo de minh lien lac dc ko?

Minh rat thich nhung bai viet cua ban va rat muon trao doi ve hackintosh

cam on ban truoc!

Nếu để nhờ cài hoặc hỏi từ A-Z thì add không làm ăn được gì đâu

I'm trying to get the installer up and running.  Everything worked the first time I followed this guide, however I can't seem to get a bootable installer this time around.  I'm booting with Clover since I need the UEFI support, but I can never get the actual installer to boot.  Either it starts to load the installer then immediately reboots (choice 2 for Yosemite) or hangs forever after displaying something about Bluetooth not working (usually a graphics issue iirc) (choice 1).  I've tried the Vietnam Tool, as well as using just the clover installer and clover configurator.  My graphics card is in Intel HD 4400, the processor is a Core i5 Haswell gen (mobile).  I think the issue may be with the config.plist, as the clover on my laptop boots, but mouse and keyboard don't work.  The really weird part about this is that the first time I did this everything worked (until I tried to add kexts or edit my DSDT which unexplicably killed my ethernet). Any suggestions?

Try again with the HD4600 Mobile Yosemite patch for the config.plist

• Like 1

It's all pretty much working.  Well usable anyway lol.  By default the screen was too dim, installing the right graphics card kext made it the correct brightness, at the cost of lag.  Most of the lag goes way if I rebuild the cache on boot, strangely enough, but it's still laggier than it was initially.  After installing kexts I now have to rebuild and repair permissions for the kernel cache if I want ethernet to work on the next boot.  Wireless doesn't work (big surprise lol).  Battery sort of works, no indicators work (not even slimbatterymonitor) but it does print a warning if I have low battery, so it's not a big deal.  I'd try videos, but I'm not sure they'd play due to said lag.  If anyone has any ideas that'd be great, but these issues aren't a big deal (the kernel cache thing is kind of annoying though).  For anyone interested my specs are

cpu: Core i5 Haswell mobile

gpu: Intel HD 4400 Haswell

Ethernet: Realtek 8101e (the 8169e driver seems to work more often than the 810x driver, like in Linux)

Wireless: Broadcom 43142 (I've seen some people get it working, nothing's worked for thus far though)

If any specs are needed to get it a little bit better I can provide them.

I haven't done any DSDT patching yet, however everytime I've done it in the past, I've caused more issues than I've fixed.  If someone wants to try and help me with that that'd be great (though a different thread may be better).  I'm more just looking to see if anyone has already fixed any of these issues and knows it off hand/can quickly find a solution, I'll post a new thread in a couple days or so with the intent of fixing (almost) everything.

Overall not bad for a prebuilt though. (HP Pavilion 15 Notebook)

Could anyone please help me to enable QE/CI? I am using Chameleon bootloader with bootflags GraphicsEnabler=Yes IntelCapri=3 dart=0 and choose MacBook Pro 9.2 in SMBios, however, the QE/CI is still not full. The 1st time booting to Mavericks, it stucked at BluetoothController, so I had to delete all graphics kexts including AppleIntel ones. After that, I tried to reinstall AppleIntelHD4000Graphics but useless and even apprearing flickering screen. I don't know what the problem is because I follow the AIO step by step for many times. Please figure out some solutions! 

Here are my laptop profile:

-Manufacturer: Dell Inc

-Model: Inspiron 14 3421

-CPU: Intel Core i5-3337U/HM76

-GPU: Intel HD 4000, no discrete, 1366x768

Thanks in advance!

Could anyone please help me to enable QE/CI? I am using Chameleon bootloader with bootflags GraphicsEnabler=Yes IntelCapri=3 dart=0 and choose MacBook Pro 9.2 in SMBios, however, the QE/CI is still not full. The 1st time booting to Mavericks, it stucked at BluetoothController, so I had to delete all graphics kexts including AppleIntel ones. After that, I tried to reinstall AppleIntelHD4000Graphics but useless and even apprearing flickering screen. I don't know what the problem is because I follow the AIO step by step for many times. Please figure out some solutions! 

Here are my laptop profile:

-Manufacturer: Dell Inc

-Model: Inspiron 14 3421

-CPU: Intel Core i5-3337U/HM76

-GPU: Intel HD 4000, no discrete, 1366x768

Thanks in advance!

Check if your laptop locks the VRAM to 32MB or 128MB first. If so then you have to mod your bios in order to change those to 64MB or 96MB

Check if your laptop locks the VRAM to 32MB or 128MB first. If so then you have to mod your bios in order to change those to 64MB or 96MB

I don't know how to check it, in BIOS I see no information like VRAM or 32/64MB. Will it work if I change to Clover???

@Pokenguyen

I read your post here and one of the models you tested succesfully is Dell Inspiron 3421. I don't know if the lap you tested is completely the same as mine or not (my Dell has no discrete graphics card) but I'm having trouble in enabling QE/CI as mentioned in #221. Moreover, are there any difference between Chameleon and Clover? I set Legacy for BIOS so I have to use Chameleon. Will Clover fix this problem if I change from Legacy to UEFI cos my laptop supports both? Please give me something useful! I've tried so many times but still stuck!  :(  :(  :(

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Hey everyone, new here and new to hackintosh. I just build a system and want to install mac on it if I can. I followed the guide on page 2 here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/298027-guide-aio-guides-for-hackintosh/?p=2030113.

I have Yosemite, and created the partition for that and clover. I don't have an 8g USB drive though, so I did it on an internal hard drive, would that be an issue? When I went to boot it booted to clover, then when it loaded mac it started loading but I got a black screen with a white no symbol in the middle.

My system specs:

Pentium G3258

G.skill Trident X 8gb 2400mhz Ram

Gigabyte GA-z97-SLI Motherboard

Integrated graphics (I think they are just Intel HD Graphics, but there was only options in the Vietnam tool for HD 3000 or HD 4000, so I put 3000 low rez)

I formatted the hard drive for 3 partitions, one the Clover partition, one the OS X Install partition, and the other the partition I was going to install it on. It is an older WD hard disk drive, only 160GB and 1.5gb/s. I have other drives but all disk drives, this was an old one laying around. Thanks for any help!