361 replies to this topic

marco.pisellonio80

marco.pisellonio80

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 560 posts
  • Interests:Libri, musica e natura

midi:D

If saying "clover generated CPU" you mean to set "generate P &C states" with clover I did it, but it was useless. I boot with chameleon, but I create a usb with clover (legacy mode, of course). Starting my Hack the degrees sarts at 45°, after 1 hour became 70°, and sometimes arrived at 80-85, and warnings pop-up appears! So I have to shutdown. Is there any way to set right CPU states? It's strange, 'cause in my Laptop in signature I have no problems, and it's a Core 2 Duo, earlier than my desktop's intel i5 1st gen.

midi ッ

midi ッ

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts
C2D have PM native on OS X while core i would have it w/ proper ssdt (either ssdt.aml or auto generated w/ P&C states) I have a friend w/ 1st grn and the laptop gets up to 100°C I don't really how to fix that :(
But! On an HP laptop I had from another friend w/ the same 1st gen cpu it had an amazing PM and no overheating :)

vusun123

vusun123

Watching Breaking Bad ...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts

1st generation CPUs and before it such as Arrandale or Nehalaem don't use ssdt for power management. Use your bootloader's generate p states and generate c states features and delete NullCPUPowerManagement to get it working. You may have to patch HPET for your mobo

As you said that you had overheating issues because of the power states, I heard that people with old CPUs like Atom ( yes Atom, the one found in netbooks ), hard-code the power states into their DSDT. Maybe you can give it a shot

midi ッ

midi ッ

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Clover Config: Convert your patched AppleHDA to Clover patching-on-the-fly

(no need to quote the whole thing :P )

Hmm, I tried that and it didn't work for me, the I injected the Layout (28 for ALC275) pasted the needed patches and have vanilla kext, I copied what's needed (I have more than 0 under HDAConfigDefault, I have like ... many :o ) and I copied the xml + platform and everything is correct, rebooted many times and still can't get it to work :huh: I'll upload my DummyHDA + working AHDA + config.plist ;) I'm on Yosemite Beta2

Edit: Fixed, :D my config was modded by error :/

Edited by midi :D, 26 August 2014 - 11:25 AM.

vusun123

vusun123

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts

I'm on PB2 here and everything works fine so far

magnifico

magnifico

Retired

• Donators
  • 2,564 posts

@ Fusion ..when try this ioreg -l -p IODeviceTree | grep \"system-id

i dont see value in terminal..why?

fusion71au

fusion71au

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

@magnifico,

Are you running that command on a real Mac or your hack?

You should be getting some output if you run that command on a Mac like I did.

If on a hack, it means that the system-id is not being injected.  What version of Clover are you using? 

Make sure you specify a CustomUUID in the SystemParameters section of your config.plist and set InjectSystemID to true --->reboot---->run the command again in terminal.

magnifico

magnifico

Retired

• Donators
  • 2,564 posts

@magnifico,

Are you running that command on a real Mac or your hack?

You should be getting some output if you run that command on a Mac like I did.

If on a hack, it means that the system-id is not being injected.  What version of Clover are you using? 

Make sure you specify a CustomUUID in the SystemParameters section of your config.plist and set InjectSystemID to true --->reboot---->run the command again in terminal.

Ok Fusion..now i see all,

My wrong ..in configplist ..I hadn't

<key>InjectSystemID</key>
        <true/>

MilesTEG1

MilesTEG1

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Hello,

Since my onboard ethernet card was malfunctioning, I installed a PCIe card (Delock 89357) witch works perfectly.
But since I restored my maverick installation (after a failed install of Yosemite), I see that my ethernet card isn't "Builtin" in DPCI Manager :

post-1379732-0-89589700-1410071342.png

And as my iMessage not working (error when trying to login), I suspect that it is related to the non 'builtin' of the en0 ethernet card.

You can see that the network (the PCIe one I add in a PCIe slot of my motherboard) card isn't referenced as Ethernet in "Logement". Is that a problem ?

post-1379732-0-78550600-1410071600.png

I'm using Clover for boot loader.
How can I set to 'builtin' the new network card ?

Thanks for your help

Miles

I try disabling the onboard ethernet in the bios. And now, the new eth. card is "builtin"  :D
I don't know why I have to disable the onboard card... But since It works ^^

In return, I now have a new error message with a code and I have to call apple. I'll do it tomorrow.

Attached Files

Streamie

Streamie

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:DIY, Working with Tools, Gadgets and Tech

How to boot into Clover UEFI

Thank you for providing these detailed directions. It's helpful to see all the various ways that this can be done.

I have an  Asus P8Z68V_PRO and I cannot get any method to work when the drive is installed as a SATA device. If I connect the drive via USB and go into the F8 boot menu then I can boot into Clover from the UEFI partition so I know that it a working install. However, when the drive is connected via SATA there is no UEFI partition listed in the F8 boot menu options.

This board is over 3 years old, is it just not going to support booting from UEFI / SATA? Has anyone else with this board gotten it to work?

I've been using MBR + PBR in the EFI partition and that works fine. I'm wondering if there is any advantage from a configuration perspective when using a "pure" UEFI boot vs. the hybrid MBR/PRB/ESD method.

midi ッ

midi ッ

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts

I think you better make GPT instead of MBR + PBR, donno, just sayin'.

Streamie

Streamie

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:DIY, Working with Tools, Gadgets and Tech

I think you better make GPT instead of MBR + PBR, donno, just sayin'.

The drive is formatted as GPT.

vusun123

vusun123

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Did you made any weird changes in the bios ? Did you update it to the latest bios version ?

Pavo

Pavo

InsanelyMac Geek

• Developers
  • 134 posts
  • Interests:MSI Z97 Gaming G45 motherboard, i7 4790, 16Gb ram, EVGA GTX 770, ALC1150 on board sound, PERC 5i...

Hi midi,

I've found using generated fake serials are not reliable eg if you clean install OSX on a different hard drive (even using the same Clover config.plist in the same machine) or logout of iMessage on an OSX install with iMessage previously working, then you can often get problems logging in again - the "contact Apple" message usually requires a genuine Mac or iDevice to reset your AppleID password when things go wrong.

Using genuine serials, I can login & logout and install OSX on multiple partitions and iMessage still works (even without credit card attached to my AppleID :D).  I have written some background on the iMessage problem in my post in the Clover General Discussion thread.  I have replicated my results on my 2 hacks

Dell XPS m1530 Laptop using genuine serials from MacBookPro 2011

Desktop GAP55aUD3/i5-750/Radeon5770 using genuine serials from mac mini 2012

With genuine System Serial, SmUUID/Hardware ID, MLB and ROM ---> works 100% all the time, even without credit card.

From @heryts testing, you must have at least MLB & ROM from a genuine Mac or validated Hackintosh (where you have called Apple Support).

Fusion, I would like to thank you for an awesome tool, I used this on my real macbook pro and took the info from it and added it to my hack's config and boom iMessage and FaceTime work perfectly, even after a complete reinstall, when it use to get broken.

vusun123

vusun123

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Fusion, I would like to thank you for an awesome tool, I used this on my real macbook pro and took the info from it and added it to my hack's config and boom iMessage and FaceTime work perfectly, even after a complete reinstall, when it use to get broken.

Make sure not to leak that data, or else Apple will block it

Ahmed_shiko

Ahmed_shiko

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

need  help Disable dedicated GPU no found _INI method 

my DSDT-DDST

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ezi90cvska1zjp6/MyDSDT-DDST.rar?dl=0

vusun123

vusun123

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts
You can find it in one of your ssdt though

Extreme™

Extreme™

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

@ Fusion

Ok, now my i-message works fine. In future - for example after an update of mavericks to 10.9.5 - i-message  will still work?

For the moment, I have solved by replacing the serial number in config.plist with an original apple serial number and calling apple care . This is enough? Or do I have to edit the config.plist as you explain in your guide?

Thank you!

pokenguyen

pokenguyen

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts

need  help Disable dedicated GPU no found _INI method 

my DSDT-DDST

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ezi90cvska1zjp6/MyDSDT-DDST.rar?dl=0

It's in your SSDT-1

jl4c

jl4c

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Hi, pokenguyen. There is any way that DummyHDA.kext work from the EFI partition, i mean from /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.9 not from /S/L/E?

24 user(s) are reading this topic

7 members, 17 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy