• Please log in to reply
266 replies to this topic

AsusGuy

AsusGuy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

I boot without any flags, just restarts.

I boot with '-v', shows this, then restarts.

3IeOrmK.jpg

I boot with 'x', got into installer screen, then format hdd, then install (stuck, shows remaining 24 minutes for like 5 minutes, does not do anything).

I set my config flags to this:

- CPU: Haswell Mobile

- SSDT: Generate

- Graphics: HD4400/4600 Mobile

Any Suggestion? Thanks.

vusun123

vusun123

Watching Breaking Bad ...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Please make an installer following our guide, I dunno what method you are using here

AsusGuy

AsusGuy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Please make an installer following our guide, I dunno what method you are using here

I used his method. I redo it again, still the same.

EDIT:

I reboot it again, went into safe mode, now it is actually installing, I see some progress. 

What kexts do you guys recommend installing?

Thanks.

EDIT 2:

I successfully installed it.

Still cannot boot in normal mode or verbose mode, I only can boot into Maverick in "safe mode." 

So what kexts should I install?

EDIT 3:

I installed some kexts (Touchpad Elan, FakeSMC, and VoodooHDA 2.8.4).

I reboot it, since cannot go into verbose mode (to me it looks like kernal panic? iokit.family something) but safe mode. Now I got my touchpad to work now.

EDIT 4:

Got this when boot into verbose mode:

ZqARu5Q.jpg

vusun123

vusun123

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts

What is your machine's specs anyway ? What model is this ? Maybe DSDT is needed in this case

Edit: Please don't use -x, it is a last resort. I don't think your machine's too complicated for OS X. Read the installing kexts section to know what you need

AsusGuy

AsusGuy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

What is your machine's specs anyway ? What model is this ? Maybe DSDT is needed in this case

Edit: Please don't use -x, it is a last resort. I don't think your machine's too complicated for OS X. Read the installing kexts section to know what you need

Machines Spec:

- Asus Touch Laptop
- Intel i5 4th gen
- Intel 4400 HD

More: http://www.newegg.co...N82E16834231549

I am going to try to install IOPCIFamily kext and Battery to see any difference.

vusun123

vusun123

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts

IOPCI is already there, I think your bios setting's messing with you. Set it to default, update it to the latest and see if anything's new

AsusGuy

AsusGuy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

IOPCI is already there, I think your bios setting's messing with you. Set it to default, update it to the latest and see if anything's new

That is weird. I set my BIOs to default and toggle Secure boot off, in addition to that I removed VoodooHDA and Elan Touchpad (just in case), and it boots successfully!

vusun123

vusun123

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Then maybe VoodooHDA is the problem, as I had seen many Haswell systems got KP because of it, do you have QE/CI ? Check in Windows if you are using Elan Touchpad or Synaptics ?

AsusGuy

AsusGuy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Then maybe VoodooHDA is the problem, as I had seen many Haswell systems got KP because of it, do you have QE/CI ? Check in Windows if you are using Elan Touchpad or Synaptics ?

Unfortunately, I do not have access to Windows, since I formatted my HDD. I think it is Synaptics. 

AsusGuy

AsusGuy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Okay, I have been researching for few hours, such a headache. 

I found DSDT and SSDT from different website, he has same spec as me. I placed them in /Extra.

I installed these kexts:

- ACPIBacklight

- ACPIBatteryManager

- AppleHDA

- AsusNFnKeys

- EAPDFix

- FakeSMC

- GenericUSBCHCI

- RealtekRTL8111

- ApplePS2ElanTouchpad

System is almost perfect. But still struggling with AsusFN keys, Battery (keeps showing 0% but it shows remaining time if clicked), touchpad (2 scrolls does not work), and audio.

I rebuild caches and fix permissions:

Spoiler

Any suggestion would be great.

Thanks.

vusun123

vusun123

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Okay, I have been researching for few hours, such a headache. 

I found DSDT and SSDT from different website, he has same spec as me. I placed them in /Extra.

I installed these kexts:

- ACPIBacklight

- ACPIBatteryManager

- AppleHDA

- AsusNFnKeys

- EAPDFix

- FakeSMC

- GenericUSBCHCI

- RealtekRTL8111

- ApplePS2ElanTouchpad

System is almost perfect. But still struggling with AsusFN keys, Battery (keeps showing 0% but it shows remaining time if clicked), touchpad (2 scrolls does not work), and audio.

I rebuild caches and fix permissions:

Spoiler

Any suggestion would be great.

Thanks.

Make your own SSDT using SSDT Generator from our tool, follow the speedstep guide first to get speedstep working, patch your own DSDT since these issues are affected by DSDT:

- ACPIBacklight ( Rename GFX0 to IGPU, HD4400 AAPL + Haswell brightness fix from Rehabman repo )

- Battery Indicator ( Apply Asus N55SL + Mutex + PNOT patches from Rehabman repo )

- AppleHDA ( layout 28 for ALC codecs, 12 for others from Rehabman repo )

- Fn Keys ( I'm still haven't finished the guide for it yet but in the near future it will be there )

If you don't know which touchpad you are using, remove the currect ApplePS2ElanTouchpad, install Synaptics Touchpad and reboot, if the Trackpad preference gives you a " No trackpad found " then you are using Elan

AsusGuy

AsusGuy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Make your own SSDT using SSDT Generator from our tool, follow the speedstep guide first to get speedstep working, patch your own DSDT since these issues are affected by DSDT:

- ACPIBacklight ( Rename GFX0 to IGPU, HD4400 AAPL + Haswell brightness fix from Rehabman repo )

- Battery Indicator ( Apply Asus N55SL + Mutex + PNOT patches from Rehabman repo )

- AppleHDA ( layout 28 for ALC codecs, 12 for others from Rehabman repo )

- Fn Keys ( I'm still haven't finished the guide for it yet but in the near future it will be there )

If you don't know which touchpad you are using, remove the currect ApplePS2ElanTouchpad, install Synaptics Touchpad and reboot, if the Trackpad preference gives you a " No trackpad found " then you are using Elan

Hello,

I have installed fresh Mavericks and Update to 10.9.3 (Boots great without safe boot), some works out of the box. Below is the list does not work (or find that it does not work properly).

- Battery (Does not display or shows the percentage)

- Asus Fn keys

- Trackpad (Even tho it works, but it displays "trackpad not found" and the features does not work such as 2F-scroll, etc)

- Graphics (some spots are rainbow, like no tv signal)

Below is the information I obtain from Ubuntu Live CD:

Spoiler

I got all available DSDT/SSDT tables on my Ubuntu Live CD Desktop and renamed them all from .dat to .am

Spoiler

I have installed "Clover" to my Mavericks, and the following kexts and I reboot it, it will not let me go beyond when booting to Mavericks, it just restarts.

In "Install Clover v2k", I have ticked the following:

Spoiler

In "HVT", I have ticked the follownig:

Spoiler

I moved Config.plist to EFI/Clover and SSDT.aml to EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched (from /Extra

Then, I reopen HVT, and install these following kexts:

Spoiler

Here is when it got stuck and reboot by itself, however no reboot when booting in in safe mode.

Spoiler

Any suggestion would be great before I move on to editing DSDT and SSDT.

TL;DR:
Its all the steps I took and providing more information about my laptop. 

Thanks for reading,

pokenguyen

pokenguyen

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts
You can boot with the USB, but not after installing kexts?

vusun123

vusun123

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts
Remove ApplePS2Controller and AppleACPIPS2Nub, install Elan touchpad kext, follow our guide exactly pls. And remove your ar9285 kexts, use HVT's wifiinjector is enough

AsusGuy

AsusGuy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

You can boot with the USB, but not after installing kexts?

After installing Kexts after installing Clover, I cannot boot to Mavericks with normal mode or verbose mode, only safe mode. Same with usb,

Before installing kexts, I can boot to Mavericks fine even with or without usb. 

Remove ApplePS2Controller and AppleACPIPS2Nub, install Elan touchpad kext, follow our guide exactly pls. And remove your ar9285 kexts, use HVT's wifiinjector is enough

Done that. I did follow your guide, step by step. I even reinstall Mavericks few times. 

Just a question, am I suppose to install Clover first then reboot? or Install Clover and kexts then reboot?

Thanks. You guys think it would be easier to chat via PM or nah.

vusun123

vusun123

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts
Do both at the same time, sorry I don't have my lappy with me right now so can't support with chat

midi ッ

midi ッ

YYEEEEEEP .... just try it ...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts

I got all available DSDT/SSDT tables on my Ubuntu Live CD Desktop and renamed them all from .dat to .am

Spoiler

Rename them to ".aml" not ".am" (and it's AML not AMI) ;) hope it may fix that :)

AsusGuy

AsusGuy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Do both at the same time, sorry I don't have my lappy with me right now so can't support with chat

I install Elan Touchpad, 2F scroll does not work for me. Any suggestion? 

vusun123

vusun123

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts
You sure ? Normally OS X reverses the mouse scroll, so does 2f scroll

AsusGuy

AsusGuy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

You sure ? Normally OS X reverses the mouse scroll, so does 2f scroll

I am sure. I load Apple.com, 2f scroll does not work.

However, there are some gestures that work.

- 3 Fingers

- 1 Finger

But not 2 Fingers

Is my mouse settings suppose to say something like "Mouse is not plugged" in right? Because my USB mouse is not plugged in. I am in Elan 3,7 version.

24 user(s) are reading this topic

8 members, 15 guests, 1 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy