[Guide] AIO Guides For Hackintosh

607 posts in this topic

Hey everyone, new here and new to hackintosh. I just build a system and want to install mac on it if I can. I followed the guide on page 2 here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/298027-guide-aio-guides-for-hackintosh/?p=2030113.

I have Yosemite, and created the partition for that and clover. I don't have an 8g USB drive though, so I did it on an internal hard drive, would that be an issue? When I went to boot it booted to clover, then when it loaded mac it started loading but I got a black screen with a white no symbol in the middle.

My system specs:

Pentium G3258

G.skill Trident X 8gb 2400mhz Ram

Gigabyte GA-z97-SLI Motherboard

Integrated graphics (I think they are just Intel HD Graphics, but there was only options in the Vietnam tool for HD 3000 or HD 4000, so I put 3000 low rez)

I formatted the hard drive for 3 partitions, one the Clover partition, one the OS X Install partition, and the other the partition I was going to install it on. It is an older WD hard disk drive, only 160GB and 1.5gb/s. I have other drives but all disk drives, this was an old one laying around. Thanks for any help!

1: Haswell Pentium isn't supported on 10.9 and above

2. 9 Series Motherboard need to have Fix Ownership checked in order to fix the USBF Initialize error, also need to be on 10.9.4 and above

3. Pentium GPU isn't supported at all

The rig you are trying to install OS X to is poorly built

Ok, so you are saying it isn't possible on this computer? I didn't build it to install OS X on, but would be nice to have it. I have a 2009 macbook that I was going to sell, but if I can't get Mac installed on the new computer maybe I will just keep it.

So if I were to get a version below 10.9 and a supported GPU it should work though? Or are there other issues with Pentium? By poorly build do you mean for installing Mac OS X on, or just in general?  :lol: I was on a budget.

Thanks for the quick response!

Ok, so you are saying it isn't possible on this computer? I didn't build it to install OS X on, but would be nice to have it. I have a 2009 macbook that I was going to sell, but if I can't get Mac installed on the new computer maybe I will just keep it.

So if I were to get a version below 10.9 and a supported GPU it should work though? Or are there other issues with Pentium? By poorly build do you mean for installing Mac OS X on, or just in general?  :lol: I was on a budget.

Thanks for the quick response!

For installing Mac OS X, and at some points in general too. You put too much budget on the mobo, should have got a H81 that will work just fine. You could have at least an i3 and a decent graphics card if you reduce budget on the mobo

Yeah, I know the board seems overkill compared to the CPU. The reason I got this board is because I got a really good deal on it and seemed crazy not too. Although it was still more then the CPU and sort of seemed crazy to spend more on that. I do plan on upgrading in the future, though hadn't planned on getting a new CPU until at least the end of next summer. But graphics card and SSD for sure. Though if I had planned on building a hackintosh and looked into it I would have gotten a different processor.

I actually didn't think any integrated graphics were supported when I built the system, and was unsure about Pentium because Apple doesn't use them. Anyway, good to know. Maybe I will grab a new CPU and sell mine sometime.

I appreciate the help.

Clover Config: Convert your patched AppleHDA to Clover patching-on-the-fly

Requirement:

- Get a working sound with patched AppleHDA

The guide is based on piker's discovery, and will help you turn from a patched AppleHDA to Clover patching-on-the-fly.

Step 1: Download bcc9's script modified by RehabMan here, decompress it to desktop.

Go to terminal, type these commands:

cd ~/Desktop/patch-hda
./patch-hda.pl -x 111d7605

REMEMBER to change 111d7605 to your audio codec id.

The patching entry will be output:

HR8kPCj.png

Open your config.plist by TextEdit, copy the generated scripts to KernelAndKextPatches > KextsToPatch section:

hWtsISD.png

Save the config.plist

Step 2: Download DummyHDA here. Copy LayoutX.xml.zlib và Platforms.xml.zlib from AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Resources/ (this is the working AppleHDA) to DummyHDA.kext/Contents/Resources/

Step 3: Open Info.plist in AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Plugins/AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext/Contents/ (this is the working AppleHDA). Copy all the value here:

IOKitPersonalities/HDA Hardware Config Resource/HDAConfigDefault

to Info.plist in DummyHDA.kext/Contents/:

IOKitPersonalities/HDA Hardware Config Resource/HDAConfigDefault

ThIaDqc.png

save the Info.plist

Step 4: Reinstall vanilla AppleHDA and DummyHDA to S/L/E by Kext Wizard, rebuild cache/repair permission then restart. You may need to restart once more to get the sound.

Wanting to do this, but not sure of what entries to change on my config.plist? 

@pokenguyen

I did a dualboot for yosemite and windows 8.1 on my surface pro first gen. 

I read on the AIO guides for hackintosh, post #11.

pokenguyen, on 15 May 2014 - 07:18 AM, said:

Dualboot Windows and OS X using Clover

After installing Windows UEFI and OS X using Clover UEFI, there will be options to boot into OS X or Windows. On many systems, Windows UEFI will take over Clover UEFI’s boot order. To fix this:

Method 1

Enter the BIOS, add /EFI/Clover/Cloverx64.efi to the Boot option, make it as top priority of the boot sequence

Method 2

Use an USB with Clover UEFI and boot into OS X, do the following things:

Use Clover Configurator to mount the EFI partition ( Extra > Mount EFI )

Rename bootmgfw.efi in /EFI/Microsoft/Boot to bootmgfw-orig.efi

Copy Cloverx64.efi in /EFI/Clover to /EFI/Microsoft/Boot and rename it bootmgfw.efi

For method 1, are you talking about getting into BIOS with windows 8.1 or when you are booted into yosemite?

also, is this even feasible with the guide by Jahstories?

[Guide] Surface Pro 1st gen Yosemite clean installation

Thank you for your time! I appreciate it.

I mean what values, I know where it is on my config.plist and where to change it

EDIT: I have ALC 269VB.

Read it wrong, managed to execute the correct script.

Ok still having problems, here is where I am at:

I have the entries in my config.plist and Clover finds them and patches (I've had a look at the boot.log), and I've installed vanilla AppleHDA. 

I think the problem is when I edit the DummyHDA where you have to change the info.plist. 

I'm not sure if I am doing something wrong? Well I must be, I'm copying the patched Layout28.xml.zlib (my DSDT layout) and Platforms.xml.zlib inside of DummyHDA/Content/Resources. 

With the DummyHDA info.plist do I have to remove the current output inside of IOKitPersonalities/HDA Hardware Config Resource/HDAConfigDefault? Or can I leave it and then just add mine in? Because if done both and still not working.

It seems that DummyHDA is not being initialised, if I look at "kextstat | grep HDA" I only get entries for AppleHDA and no DummyHDA.

@pokenguyen

I did a dualboot for yosemite and windows 8.1 on my surface pro first gen. 

I read on the AIO guides for hackintosh, post #11.

pokenguyen, on 15 May 2014 - 07:18 AM, said:

Dualboot Windows and OS X using Clover

After installing Windows UEFI and OS X using Clover UEFI, there will be options to boot into OS X or Windows. On many systems, Windows UEFI will take over Clover UEFI’s boot order. To fix this:

Method 1

Enter the BIOS, add /EFI/Clover/Cloverx64.efi to the Boot option, make it as top priority of the boot sequence

Method 2

Use an USB with Clover UEFI and boot into OS X, do the following things:
Use Clover Configurator to mount the EFI partition ( Extra > Mount EFI )
Rename bootmgfw.efi in /EFI/Microsoft/Boot to bootmgfw-orig.efi
Copy Cloverx64.efi in /EFI/Clover to /EFI/Microsoft/Boot and rename it bootmgfw.efi

For method 1, are you talking about getting into BIOS with windows 8.1 or when you are booted into yosemite?

also, is this even feasible with the guide by Jahstories?
[Guide] Surface Pro 1st gen Yosemite clean installation

Thank you for your time! I appreciate it.

To get into the BIOS, you normally have to enter the key at the boot logo, something like F2. 

This is before you enter any operating system. 

Could anyone please help me to enable QE/CI? I am using Chameleon bootloader with bootflags GraphicsEnabler=Yes IntelCapri=3 dart=0 and choose MacBook Pro 9.2 in SMBios, however, the QE/CI is still not full. The 1st time booting to Mavericks, it stucked at BluetoothController, so I had to delete all graphics kexts including AppleIntel ones. After that, I tried to reinstall AppleIntelHD4000Graphics but useless and even apprearing flickering screen. I don't know what the problem is because I follow the AIO step by step for many times. Please figure out some solutions!

Here are my laptop profile:

-Manufacturer: Dell Inc

-Model: Inspiron 14 3421

-CPU: Intel Core i5-3337U/HM76

-GPU: Intel HD 4000, no discrete, 1366x768

Thanks in advance!

Could you please tell me your boot flags u used to get your installed working? I have the same specs.

How to fix iCloud/iMessage/Facetime on your Hackintosh

In order for these services to work, you need to do the following things:

1. Working NVRAM

For Chameleon: You need FileNVRAM.dylib installed in /Extra/modules. Download it here. Note that there are 2 versions: 1.1.2 and 1.1.3, you should try both.

For Clover UEFI: To check for NVRAM http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/298027-guide-aio-guides-for-hackintosh/page-2?do=findComment&comment=2029552

2. Set your Ethernet to en0

You need an ethernet device that is recognized by OS X and set it to en0. Use DPCI Manager to check it ( inside Hackintosh Vietnam Tool )

mR9v2CS.png

By default all network devices ( such as ethernet, wireless, smartphone’s Hotspot ), will be set to en0, en1, en2, … by which device is recognized first. You need to reset the network configuration in order to set ethernet to en0:

Go to /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/ and delete these files/folders:

• CaptiveNetworkSupport
  • Com.apple.airport.preferences.plist
  • Com.apple.eapolclient.configuration.plist
  • NetworkInterfaces.plist
Go to System Preferences > Network, select all available connections and hit the Minus button to delete them, then hit Apply. Reboot

Go to System Preferences > Network, hit the Plus button to add the devices back, but be sure to add Ethernet first

Open DPCI Manager to check if the Ethernet is set to en0

Note that is you are using Macbook Air SMBios, setting Wireless card to en0 will work just like setting Ethernet to en0

3. Verify your system with Apple system

You can use one of following methods:

3.1 Use Information from a system with working iMessage/Facetime

Original method is written by fusion71au. This is my simplified guide:

1/ First you need imessage_debug http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/278-imessage-debug/ or you can run in HVT (Tools > iMessage Debug).

2/ Find a hackintosh or real Mac system with working iMessage/FaceTime. Run the tool on that machine and save the txt file.

3/ You will need BoardSerialNumber and ROM from the output txt file to inject your system. For example, if in txt file you have:

BoardSerialNumber: CK148614DB6F940D2
ROM: 61d6761129f2
  • For Chameleon, type the following commands in terminal:
sudo nvram 4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14:ROM=%61%d6%76%11%29%f2

sudo nvram 4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14:MLB=CK148614DB6F940D2
  • For Clover, inject the BoardSerialNumber to SMBIOS > BoardSerialNumber and ROM to RT Variables > ROM. (

Note: You can also inject BoardSerialNumber to RT Variables > BoardSerialNumber, but it's deprecated and not recommended.

post-846696-0-89039800-1405847122.png

post-846696-0-36119700-1405847146.png

3.2 Add credit card

Open Appstore or iTunes on your Hackintosh, login to your account and add your credit cards. After that you can login to iCloud/iMessage/Facetime. You can remove your credits card after successfully activating the services.

3.3 Call Apple Support

If you don't have a valid credit card or it even does not work for you, you can call Apple Support. This is Miztorr's guide:

First, you’re gonna need a real serial number, not a fake one, and I actually found a post explaining just how to do that, for more information just visit this link, try rebooting when done.

If you get iMessage to work after rebooting, then congratulations! You got iMessage working! If not, read on.

Second, you’re gonna need to call Apple support, you can call them on the number corresponding to your country or you can simply use Skype or magicJack to call them on their US customer support number, more info here. In my case, the answer machine picked up the phone, asking me to provide it with the device’s model and serial number, just ignore and it should redirect you to the director of the call centre or another person at Apple support.

Now, he’ll ask you to describe the issue, tell him the following:

They will probably ask you to provide them with your name, a callback number (if you’re calling from outside the US you don’t have to, just tell them), the serial number and your Apple ID.

Once you’re done, all you have to do is quit out of iMessage/FaceTime and open it again, and you should be able to login and use it normally.

Enjoy!

How to make both my Ethernet n wifi show as both marked as in the photo you sent?

Hi,

that happend for me automatically if in use / installed corectly.

I actually fixed my imessage issue today by calling apple support in germany.

After a while on hold the agent put me thru to the supervisor. He fixed the issue using only the support code. I did not even have to reboot.

Thanks for the support Apple. Maybe one day I actually will by a real macbook.

Thanks to the great guide. :thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim:

regards,

lemans

Hello all,

I've just gotten an HP TS M6 with i7-4550u HD5000 260a. I extracted DSDT + 5 SSDTs. I can't compile DSDT with 201 errors. Please help me to fix these errors.

Thanks so much,

Louis

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2014-11-04 at 10.31.47 AM.png

attachicon.gifDSDT.aml.zip

Read the guide again to know how to decompile ACPI files. You need other SSDT to decompile.

Hello, Pokenguyen.

Thank you for your Guides.

I have a question in your Dell Inspiron 3x37 - 5x37 -7x37 Clover Install Guide how did you get camera working?

I have

Integrated_Webcam_HD:

Model ID: UVC Camera VendorID_3141 ProductID_26373

Unique ID: 0x1d1500000c456705

Hi,

Did you use any kext to get camera working with chameleon or did it work otfb?

My camera doesn't show now as well I don't know the problem. When I first install Yosemite with chameleon it worked then I think one of the kexts are conflicting with the camera drivers or something now it doesn't show. I'm using clover

Should i install any kext? such as anyisightCam.kext? its still not working :-/

Integrated_Webcam_HD:

Product ID: 0x6705

Vendor ID: 0x0c45  (Sonix Technology Co., Ltd.)

Version: 37.10

Speed: Up to 480 Mb/sec

Manufacturer: CN0DWGV8724873AQM389A00

Location ID: 0x1d150000 / 4

Current Available (mA): 500

Current Required (mA): 500

Hi. I'm trying to install Yosemite but I'm stuck here

Download Pacifist. Go to the folder System/Installation/Packages of your USB, right click the BaseSystemBinaries.pkg and Open With Pacifist. After Pacifist has done loading the file, locate “mach_kernel”, drag and drop it to the root of your USB’s installer partition.

I can't find mach_kernel inside BaseSystemBinaries.pkg

Can anyone help?