Currently the best Install Method? Something like kakewalk?

Torpor

2 posts in this topic

I used Kakewalk Install Method before. But this seems that the project is not beeing continued.

The last version does not support Mavericks.

I read about Vietnam Installer. But this is just meant to be used after the OS is installed on the harddrive.

And the Tony-things are from the "dark side" aren't they?

So please tell me which tool would you use for creating a Mavericks Boot Stick

and to install bootloader, kexts, DSDT...

In Kakewalk I liked the possibility to chose the mainboard and the installer autamatically installs all extra-stuff needed.

Thanks for help! 

I recently reloaded my 2010 EX58-UD5 board with Kakewalk 3.1 but no matter how I try, I can't get sound to work. Kakewalk uses Chameleon bootloader but that causes problems with needing the correct DSDT and .plists files.

I am currently learning about loading the Clover bootloader and using it on 10.6, 10.8 and 10.9. I am nearly educated about Clover installs but my methods are forced by my only MAC is 10.6 which can't install mavericks in one of many ways. I did find a comprehensive way to load Clover into the EFI partition of mavericks located inside the installed Clover package. I started by using a small 4GB USB to load Clover into, I then copied the files to a mounted EFI partition of a 16 GBUSB that I also used Disk Utility to load mavericks into that 16GB USB. There are some specific Terminal commands necessary to get the Clover bootloader, located in the EFI partition, installed to boot up.

My methods are not easy and require much work to get this done. If you already have an Apple computer with 10.7 or 10.8, then your job will be much easier. Check out MacWorld.com for some details of what to do to load Mavericks onto a USB. Check out DiskMaker X, which seems to be the popular way to install Mavericks to a USB (But only if you are on 10.7 or 10.8) Clover is a more robust bootloader and you can boot to different disks as with macOS X but not with Chameleon. You only need one kext to get started with Clover as well (FakeSMC)

(PS. I won't recommend myHack as a way to load the USB)