chameleon Bootloader boot0:error

muang

10 posts in this topic

Hi Sorry for Lots of questions..

I installed Chameleon Bootloader,

But it does not work.

It only shows boot0:error.

No Boot0:GPT , Boot0:test.

I tried many solutions but they didn't work.

I installed OS X in MBR Partition,

And I can boot through Install USB..

You can try this 

boot with the usb (Chameleon Installer) on the Mavericks Installation go to disk utility and clic to your partition drive you have Installe .
and clic Unmount 

see this picture 
01110.png

Now quit the disk Utility and open the terminal Utility 

and type this 

dd if=/usr/standalone/i386/boot1h of=/dev/disk0s2

quit the terminal and quit the Installation , reboot to your HDD   ;)

You can try this 

boot with the usb (Chameleon Installer) on the Mavericks Installation go to disk utility and clic to your partition drive you have Installe .

and clic Unmount 

see this picture 

01110.png

Now quit the disk Utility and open the terminal Utility 

and type this 

dd if=/usr/standalone/i386/boot1h of=/dev/disk0s2

quit the terminal and quit the Installation , reboot to your HDD   ;)

i tried that but it didn't work.

and my problem is only boot0:error.

No other messages.

i tried that but it didn't work.

and my problem is only boot0:error.

No other messages.

Reformate de USB  fat 32 and after format HFS+ 

and reinstall OS X   what is your Installer  ? and what is your specs 

Important to put your specs on signature 

Reformate de USB  fat 32 and after format HFS+ 

and reinstall OS X   what is your Installer  ? and what is your specs 

Important to put your specs on signature

Ah, I reinstalled OSX like that many times..

I am using myHack Lastest version.

I am able to boot with installer's bootloader (chameleon)

myHack installs Chameleon automatically when installing OS X with it.

but i unable to boot with HDD's chameleon.

I am saying again, I installed OS X into MBR Partitioned Disk.

And Everything is working (ethernet,graphics,dual-screen,sound,etc.) without Mac App Store and BOOTLOADER.

my spec is below.

CPU:Intel i5 2500

RAM:8GB

VGA:GIGABYTE GTX650 1GB

M/B:ASRock H67M

Sound:Realtek ALC892

Network:Realtek PCle GBE Ethernet Controller

Hi. i installed OS X in MBR Partition with modifed USB.

So, i need a bootloader.

I have an idea, but i am not sure.

Since I installed OS X in MBR,

I should set the bootloader with EASYBCD?

Umm.. Is this an good idea?

I am trying to dual-boot with windows 7, and OS X was installed in MBR Partirion,

so i thought i can do it with

windows bootloader.

And also tell me what partition should be a Boot Partition.

(in fdisk, i can edit it as you know)

Windows Reserved Partition or Others?

--MY PARTITION--

(Unknown)-System Reserved (Booted here when i was using only windows, so Windows Bootloader Locates here.)

(C:)-Windows 7

(D:)-Data

(K:)-OS X Mavericks

AND ALSO TELL ME HOW TO USE DAT APP STORE PLEASE!

MY SERIAL NUMBER IS CORRECT, BUT IT'S NOT WORKING.

PEOPLE TELL THAT IN NETWORK, THERE SHOULD BE ETHERNET, BUT MINE IS ETHERNET ADAPTER (en1)

Please Let me know about these! Please!

Do you have an "advanced format/4k" hard drive? 

If so, you may need to manually copy the boot1h file from chameleon binaries to the boot sector of the OSX partition - in your case it looks like disk0s4 - confirm with diskutil list (below).

Procedure from @iFire's post in this old thread. 

Download chameleon binaries i386 folder

1. open the i386 folder and copy boot1h to the root directory of your USB installer

2. boot from the USB installer and open utilities/terminal app

3. type diskutil list to identify your disk and the partition where you installed OSX eg disk0s4

4. type diskutil unmount disk0s4

5. type cd /

6. type dd if=boot1h of=/dev/disk0s4 bs=4096

7. reboot

Re EasyBCD to use Windows Bootloader to chainload Chameleon - see my post in @franco_marchesotti's dual boot thread.  You still need to install chameleon first so boot1h is in the bootsector of the OSX partition.

PS

If you don't mind starting from scratch, it would be preferable to repartition your drive as GPT and reinstall UEFI Windows alongside OSX, using Clover as your bootloader - you have a UEFI capable mobo and GPT partitioning is designed to handle large advanced format/4k drives >2TB.  This way, you avoid the boot0 problem, have a faster boot and can have more than 4 primary partitions.

Recommend that you read the differences between MBR and GPT.

If so, you may need to manually copy the boot1h file from chameleon binaries to the boot sector of the OSX partition - in your case it looks like disk0s4 - confirm with diskutil list (below).

Download chameleon binaries i386 folder 1. open the i386 folder and copy boot1h to the root directory of your USB installer2. boot from the USB installer and open utilities/terminal app3. type diskutil list to identify your disk and the partition where you installed OSX eg disk0s44. type diskutil unmount disk0s45. type cd /6. type dd if=boot1h of=/dev/disk0s4 bs=40967. reboot

Re EasyBCD to use Windows Bootloader to chainload Chameleon - see my post in @franco_marchesotti's dual boot thread.  You still need to install chameleon first so boot1h is in the bootsector of the OSX partition.

My OS X disk with chameleon is on disk0s5, so i will reply when i done.

Download chameleon binaries i386 folder 1. open the i386 folder and copy boot1h to the root directory of your USB installer2. boot from the USB installer and open utilities/terminal app3. type diskutil list to identify your disk and the partition where you installed OSX eg disk0s44. type diskutil unmount disk0s45. type cd /6. type dd if=boot1h of=/dev/disk0s4 bs=40967. reboot

PS

If you don't mind starting from scratch, it would be preferable to repartition your drive as GPT and reinstall UEFI Windows alongside OSX, using Clover as your bootloader - you have a UEFI capable mobo and GPT partitioning is designed to handle large advanced format/4k drives >2TB.  This way, you avoid the boot0 problem, have a faster boot and can have more than 4 primary partitions.

Recommend that you read the differences between MBR and GPT.

Noo it didn't work! I heard that chameleon works only on primary partition,

And primary partition can set until 4. Then, there is a way to flip or move partition to become OS X partition primary?

That's correct - chameleon needs to be installed into a primary partition.

Unfortunately, it looks like you installed OSX in a logical partition (since it is disk0s5) so you will have to repartition your hard drive, deleting 1 or more partitions (since MBR drive can only have a max for 4 primary partitions) and reinstall OSX...

eg you can delete the logical partition, merge your Data Partition into your Windows Partition and create a new primary partition for OSX using a tool like Partition Wizard.  Set the filesystem as FAT32 (this can be changed later to HFS+ using Disk Utility on your Mavericks USB Installer).

That's correct - chameleon needs to be installed into a primary partition.

Unfortunately, it looks like you installed OSX in a logical partition (since it is disk0s5) so you will have to repartition your hard drive, deleting 1 or more partitions (since MBR drive can only have a max for 4 primary partitons) and reinstall OSX...

eg you can delete the logical partition, merge your Data Partition into your Windows Partition and create a new primary partition for OSX using a tool like Partition Wizard.  Set the filesystem as FAT32 (this can be changed later to HFS+ using Disk Utility on your Mavericks USB Installer).

i used fixparts to set OSX partition primary. after it, chameleon shows up.

after doing that, OS X partition's number is disk0s4

here is what i did.

install fixparts

go to terminal and type 'sudo fixparts /dev/disk0'

type r 5 (5 is partition number)

w (save and quit)

reboot

now, when i boot OS X through chameleon, Kernel Panic occurs! hahaha

but, it boots well through usb.

so i must set chameleon now. i will make a new topic for this problem..