NOMAD8459

7 posts in this topic

Hi, HELP!! haha

System Specs are as follows:

ASUS M4N98TD EVO Motherboard with Nvidia MCP78 and NF200 chip - VIA 1708S sound

AMD 1090T X6 at 3.9GHz

MSI GTX 660 Gaming 10de 11c0

8GB DDR3 1600mhz Ram

I have successfully installed Snow Leopard but cant seem to update it past 10.6.3 without Kernel Panics, I also believe that support for the GTX 660 is not good.

Using my snow leopard install, I created a Mountain Lion USB installer with the amd_kernel - using the boot flags:

amd_kernel cpus=1 busratio=18 npci=0x2000 USBLegacyOff=Yes PCIRootUID=0 -v -f

I managed to get the installer to run and install, it completed and said installation successful.

I haven't been able to boot into the OS as yet however.

All seems to be going well, with the kexts loading and SUCCESS coming up everywhere, then after macosx_swapon which is OK the loading seems to grind to a halt, it loads NVGK100Hal and also finds my Bluetooth dongle, assigns an internet address but just gets no further, it seems to be stuck just before it would normally say DSMOS has arrived....

Any ideas would be most gratefully received....Many Thanks

post-1189495-0-39461900-1399752868_thumb.jpg

you sure that FakeSMC.kext in S/L/E ? you have a Folder Extra in the root of your HD  with smbios and org.chameleon.boot.plist ? to the first boot try this flag.

-f -x -v npci=0x2000 

• Like 1

Hi, yes I have a Plist and a SMbios Plist! I will check the fake SMC kext!

I tried those boot flags, I also edited my AGPM kext for my card, although in NVGK100hal it is already listed, so no edit required there.

Just looked and for some reason have no kexts in the Extra folder, what should I have in there please?? I seem to remember there being two

Hi, I reinstalled the Mountain Lion OS and then used these boot flags:

amd_kernel cpus=1 busratio=18 npci-0x2000 PCIRootUID=0 -v

I have a fully booting install, however I have no internet and have no sound, I tried using Voodoo HDA 2.8.2 which worked on SL but it doesn't on ML.

I have full graphics support and full resolution, the RAM is fully detected at 8GB, just the important Internet and sound!!

Any advice on particular kexts I need... Its a Nforce 980A (MCP78) Board

Thanks

Went into IONetworkingFamily Kext and under the plug ins I deleted the NVENET.kext and replaced it with one that worked in Snow Leopard and my internet is up and running once more, typing this on OS X 10.8.2 - Still having issues with sound however, If I select my SPDIF in VoodooHDA, the Sound settings in Preferences still only gives me the options of HDMI out, the HDMI out is the sound on my Video Card i think.... I need the onboard sound to work!

post-1189495-0-55214100-1399777858_thumb.png

Found a kext for Via VT1705 audio, a modded VoodooHDA and although mine is a VT1708S chipset, am happy to report that sound is up and running too! 

Wow, took me four days of faff, but ML 10.8.2 on M4N98TD EVO with AMD 1090T X6, 8GB Ram and a MSI GTX 660 is fully up and running...

thanks to the AMD kernel, the Mountain Lion Boot Installer package, the Modded VT1705 VoodooHDA, a bit of manipulating of kexts, I deleted all the ATI kexts and Intel HD Graphics as I wont ever need them! 

post-1189495-0-12435500-1399778608_thumb.png

• Like 2

Going for the 10.8.4 Combo Update now - urghhh, back up done, hate this bit!!

Well, after much butchering of kexts have got full functionality back, no Kernel panics so that is something, but then, I am using the and_kernel so shouldn't be affected by updates.

Tried putting the NVSMU and Networking kexts back in and installed the VoodooHda, but no go, so installed the voodooHDA again, installed the NVSMU and IONetworking again, from my back up, then also from backup reinstalled the dependencies, like IOPCIFamily, IOFirewire, IOplatformexpert, etc, etc, about 10 kexts in all, probably over kill but wanted to make sure, as I knew my back up was fully functioning, taking the kexts from there should mean back to function again and so it proved, 10.8.4 - Job Done