• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

themacmeister

themacmeister

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 434 posts

Sorry for my late reply. You need to make the edit in AppleAHCIPort as shown by tiny323 above! Without that edit, no SATA ports work, after changing that one number, ALL SATA ports work !!!

Best of luck!

Blaggah

Blaggah

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Could someone please post the bios settings for XW8600 Workstation?  I've been trying for the past week and can't seem to get the usb to boot.

My specs are Intel® Xeon® CPU X5470 @ 3.33GHz × 8 (dual CPU)

Nvidia GeForce 560ti GPU

32GB DDR2 Ram

500GB WD Hard drive.

Ro808

Ro808

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

...Dual X5470... These are mighty processors. Your xw6600, though nearly vintage, will keep up with most contemporary Xeon E3, i5 and i7 based systems.

It's the equivalent of a mac pro 3.2 "build-to-order" 8-core (Dual x5472). 

In case you haven't yet installed one or more ssd's, I recommend the HP approved Intel ssd's for optimal and hassle-free performance (no slow boot due to controller mismatch etc.).

So much for the hardware...

Have you tried to boot while pressing esc followed by F9? This should enable the boot order menu.

Besides, you should also try to boot with 'factory default settings' , which you can select in the first tab of the bios.

Finally:

- Use a quality brand usb flash drive (Sandisk, Kingston, Dane-Elec etc.). No name/white label usb flash drives often won't boot.

- Put the usb drive in one of the rear usb ports. 

You may as well give cvad's BootDiskUtility.exe a shot:

http://www.insanelym...-under-windows/

Hope this helps.

dcossey014

dcossey014

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I'm having issues getting SAS HDD's working.  I can see my SATA drives (with AHCI) inside the DiskUtility but none of my SAS drives.  I have three 15,000 RPM SAS drives that I wanted to use for my Macintosh HDD instead of my 1TB SATA drive running at 7,200 RPM.  This is really starting to annoy me, I've seen others say they are able to get SAS to work, so I'm wondering what I am doing wrong.  

Has anyone been able to get the SAS ports to function properly in their Hackintosh XW8600?  I'm currently using Yosemite, but I have no issues downgrading to Mavericks if it's necessary to get SAS drives to function properly.

psyolent

psyolent

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

wow. i reckon thats the easiest hackintosh i have EVER got to have work thanks to the awesome info here guys - really appreciate it. i have mavericks humming on the machine, the NIC doesnt wake from sleep but theres a link on another unnamed site which might help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2016 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy