Installing LION on a AMD 1090T/M4N98TD with a working Snow Leopard Install?

lion amd 1090t m4n98td

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

NOMAD8459

NOMAD8459

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Aviation, FSX, Electronics, Music, Travel, Railways, Guitar, Drums

Hi,

Am looking for some help really....

I have a working install of Snow Leopard on my AMD 1090T X6, M4N98TD Evo board with 4GB of usable RAM.

However it is only 32bit and I have recently upgraded my Graphics Card from a GTX470 to a GTX660 after spilling water in my case!!

I managed to get the GTX470 to work properly by editing the Graphics Management Kext and by installing CUDA and Nvidia Drivers. however all my attempts with the GTX660 have failed.

I can get 1920x1080x32@60 but it has a black border, when I try to install programmes, it says that I need more VRAM, system profiler says I have 3MB of VRAM, on a 2GB card!!

I also have a downloaded copy of the LION app, when I run it, it says you need INTEL, etc. System profiler sees my CPU as a 6 core XEON, but the app doesn't!!

So - any way to get the GTX 660 to work or any way to get the LION app to install on this system??? Please help?

Many Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2015 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy