Identical Clone of MAVERICKS

boxeyes

8 posts in this topic

Hi i tried to clone my hackintosh without success, i have used Superduper and Carbon copy clone, THEY BOTH COPY THE FILES  but not completely  :blush: , why is this ?

i took the copied drive, booted up from it, all i got was the continuos blinking curser in the top righthand corner (nothing).

Is there a software out there which will make an exact copy of the Original (Hackintosh) harddrive ?

With all files, all folders, everything which will enable me to boot from the Copied HardDrive  ?

Nether of the Apps you used actually make a identical clone. They only copy the top Partition of the system and not all partitions on your drive. If you use Disk Restore under the installer in Disk Utility then it would be a real Clone. If you use the apps listed you must reinstall the boot loader prior to booting to it. 

Nether of the Apps you used actually make a identical clone. They only copy the top Partition of the system and not all partitions on your drive. If you use Disk Restore under the installer in Disk Utility then it would be a real Clone. If you use the apps listed you must reinstall the boot loader prior to booting to it. 

I tried to clone the drive also by going into disk utility , but for some reason it would not allow to do this ( when i tried to, a message popped up telling me, "if i wanted to use the disk as a SOURCE  i need to restart the computer using the recovery system, and open Disk Utility again."  ( which i also tried and was not able to boot into safemode).  I also read on another forum that i had to upgrade to 10.9.2 this will enable me to clone the drive using disk utility , "oh well not as easy at that " again the same thing, "it wont let me copy the drive in disk utility" ,

can you explain how i reinstall the boot loader to the clone if it`s an External Drive ?

Thanks

I tried to clone the drive also by going into disk utility , but for some reason it would not allow to do this ( when i tried to, a message popped up telling me, "if i wanted to use the disk as a SOURCE  i need to restart the computer using the recovery system, and open Disk Utility again."  ( which i also tried and was not able to boot into safemode).  I also read on another forum that i had to upgrade to 10.9.2 this will enable me to clone the drive using disk utility , "oh well not as easy at that " again the same thing, "it wont let me copy the drive in disk utility" ,

can you explain how i reinstall the boot loader to the clone if it`s an External Drive ?

Thanks

You failed to read what I said... you need to be in the Installer to do this. 

You failed to read what I said... you need to be in the Installer to do this. 

Hmmm, oh that question was to iFIRE

i was explaining clearly how i came across this incident (if other people come across the same incident they too will have a solution if they see this thread)  ..... besides your reply was not a solution, but thanks

Hmmm, oh that question was to iFIRE

i was explaining clearly how i came across this incident (if other people come across the same incident they too will have a solution if they see this thread)  ..... besides your reply was not a solution, but thanks

It is a solution and does work.