(Rumors) Surface pro 3

JahStories

50 posts in this topic

just don't use the tables (dsdt ssdt etc...) the backup may work adding the patch that fantomas mentioned... and as caleidosCope said there is nothing to lose...

@JahStories: same here... just thinking about to get a SF3 just for OSX and keep the SF1 for the Win8 part... but what is about the "milkbearing....".

...noooo... if i will buy a SF3, its gone be hacked. Up to now, i am really fine with my SF1 too. Not checked the "borders" yet, working-horse at its best. And the looks of the fellows, if you boot up OSX...next question "...is this fake?!" - NO. Its a hack OSX-WIN-Tablet - best of both worlds.

Did you see (on the Surface-Facebook-channel) the congrats for 30 Years, iMac??? - An iMac with running Win8. We should congrat there, for the Surface running OSX. - ill do it.

... OK! Just check this FB-page in the next days (its German, but hey we need to start somewhere...to spread the word) - i ll be quiet about here... waiting if they let it on there page (cannot post to them directly). :D

I WILL ASK FOR SURE!!! i7, 512GB. got it.

:hysterical:  :hysterical:

(i'm proud i'm not in Facebook, i hate unsocial networks)

hey... if i were in your age :afro: ... but i :santa: need some control for my kids. FB tells me more about them, than sitting on a table an having a good talk. :bye: Oh, world! I hate it too... :wallbash:

What are the thoughts on OS X installation versus surface 2? This components look like they'd be pretty well supported by OS X. Core series CPUs, Intel graphics. I didn't see which wifi card it was using and whether or not it was n. Since I have no current surface, and really want a tablet, this may be a good choice. I was think 8 gb 256 mb box.

it's surely gonna need:

a patched kernel,

the gfx fix fantomas posted in the first page with the right X value

a new driver from touchbase (to get pen & touch working)

And we still need to know all the other devices....

we need to know every dev_id and prod_id 

to understand what could work or not.

:whistle: tell them to give us free sp3 to hack !   ^_^  :yes:  :D

ask them for the i7 8g 512gb ONLY  :hysterical: 

I did it, and asked for the i7,512GB... but they dont response... maybe they dont get it that some people just bought this machine because of the OSX-possibilities.

I posted these two pics, and a little speech...BTW the  B-Day of the SurfacePro1 in Germany, should be the 31.05.2013.

post-1309344-0-73352200-1400850868_thumb.jpg

post-1309344-0-24193700-1400850875_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

So you think the venue pro 11 is a better choice the surface 3? Specs on size are close and it weighs less.

I'm less concerned about the pen but I'm curious if the touch will work.

For a cheaper price you will get something that is less powerful, has similar battery life, similar stylus technology, and replaceable batteries (which is a plus!). Some of the editions (the ones using a Ralink wireless card) will probably even be out-of-the-box OS X compatible.

• 3 weeks later...