ASROCK BOARD NO AHCI AND AMD PROCESSOR--really am stuck now

karpof

44 posts in this topic

I use a small external HDD instead of a USB stick, because the USB stick can sometimes make problems. In addition, the external HDD is faster

so now my friend, now your installation should, I hope soon to work.

• Like 1

Hi i must be realy stupid or really confused , been @ this for nearly 2 weeks still no joy ,.

this is what i done ......

I burn image to usb using " ImageWriter" then dwnloaded the files in post 25 & post 23 .

then copied extra folder to my usb and had to rename rc4 fix to mach_kernel to get recognised copied to root usb 

then copied AMD_Rollback 10.9.0 files to s/l/e booted up -f-v this is what i got 

ps

had to use windows and imagewriter as my vmware gave me "cpu disabled" by admin gonna try fix that now 

post-930830-0-99693400-1399402686_thumb.jpg

That looks very good karpof ... soon you've got it, very good. It may also be that your USB stick is not set to the first boot sequence-in the BIOS. Please TESTING!

Edit:

Please make next picture better so then we can read the details

Edited by spakk
  • Like 1

That looks very good karpof ... soon you've got it, very good. It may also be that your USB stick is not set to the first boot sequence-in the BIOS. Please TESTING!

Edit:

Please make next picture better so then we can read the details

may look good but its tireing ( did i copy the above downloads to proper folders ? s/l/e or can i just pt all kext files in root/extra ? allso do i fix my files with myhack b4 i finish and do i scan for problematic extentions 1st

havin to do it all again in vmware and myhack , 

ps ye i noticed bad pic, have the shakes holding camera lol i,ll make sure next pic ( if i need 1 ) is better 

cheers

try this flag -f -v UseKernelCache=No rd=disk0s2

note in rd=disk0 if you have only a HD, and s2 if you try install to 2 Partition

thanx for ure interest im glad of the help ,... i will try flags let u know thanx 

cheers

ok i tried -f-v usekernelcache=no rd=disk0s2 

this is what i get 

how do i find what rd=disk id is ?

is it always 0s2 ?

am i getting there or wasting my time guys ?

cheers

post-930830-0-92107300-1399413182_thumb.jpg

So how has written iFire boot but look first at this video. Since you will be briefly explained how to fix the problem. Waiting for root device.....

• Like 1

So how has written iFire boot but look first at this video. Since you will be briefly explained how to fix the problem. Waiting for root device.....

I watched video, im using vmware so when i goto disk util i can only lookup the id of my usb drive ( vmware dont recognnise my hdd )  which is rd=disk1s2 , when i boot usb type -f-v usekernelcache=no rd=disk1s2 I still get waitng for rootdevice i have jmicronata kexxt already on my usb @ s/l/e ,. also i made sure my usb is 1st boot device and that my hdd is on master 1

anymore info options pleeze .,

ps

i havent done -s mount -uw ...ect yet as i have jmicron ,.. should i do it it stil waits for rootdevice thanx

next time im on holiday in portugal i,ll buy u a pint lol

i take it im wanting the rd=disk id for my usb  installation drive and not my HDD 

Try to boot with this flags.:

-v -f npci=0x2000 usekernelcache=no ahcidisk=1 debug=8

The drivers including the chipset drivers when your system booting the MyHack.kext copied all drivers from the folder /EXTRA/EXTENSIONS/ to /SYSTEM/LIBRARY/EXTENSIONS/MyHack.kext /Conrents/plugins/ *** (so you can find here all drivers)

as I described above to boot with the boot flags. That should prevent the endless loop at boot after the search of the boot medium. This means it is enforced only by the (usb) medium from which you to boot. (ahcdisk=1 debug=8 required to mount root filesystem When kernel cache is enabled)

I hope I have described this well. This thanks goes to bcc9, he have find this solution of the problem with "waiting for root device" endless loop.

• Like 1

Try to boot with this flags.:

-v -f npci=0x2000 usekernelcache=no ahcidisk=1 debug=8

The drivers including the chipset drivers when your system booting the MyHack.kext copied all drivers from the folder /EXTRA/EXTENSIONS/ to /SYSTEM/LIBRARY/EXTENSIONS/MyHack.kext /Conrents/plugins/ *** (so you can find here all drivers)

as I described above to boot with the boot flags. That should prevent the endless loop at boot after the search of the boot medium. This means it is enforced only by the (usb) medium from which you to boot. (ahcdisk=1 debug=8 required to mount root filesystem When kernel cache is enabled)

I hope I have described this well. This thanks goes to bcc9, he have find this solution of the problem with "waiting for root device" endless loop.

Hi AGAIN !!!

i done above cmmands and still the same i get  "no interval found ........

the above commands are in my org.chameleon.boot.plist (do i need to alter this plist ?) also says hd(0,1) 

-----------------------

I tried using command -f-v usekernelcache=no rd=disk0 , it got me to the installation screen where it found all my drives ,( yellow triangle) but my mouse wouldnt work so i couldnt format with disk util. so i rebooted looking for kexts for my ps2 mouse /my keyboad was working , but when i booted back up with no alterations to my usb image (wasnt sure what kext to get for mouse) it ccrashed at no interval found , i dont understand how it worked once but wont work again with same commands 

. should i edit my plist ?

thanx 

cheers 

ps

im dreaming about this when i goto sleep ,....patience yea mine are tried !!!!!!

this is from my usb extra folder 

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>CSTUsingSystemIO</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Default Partition</key>
<string>hd(0,1)</string>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>YES</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
        <key>UseAtiROM</key>
        <string>Yes</string>
        <key>AtiFb</key>
        <string>Hoolock</string>
  <key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1280x1024x32</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel_rc4_fix</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>-v -f PCIRootUID=1 -v npci=0x2000 ahcidisk=1 debug=8 darkwake=0 dart=0</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>YES</string>
<key>UseKernelcache</key>
<string>NO</string>
<key>SMBIOS</key>
<string>/Extra/SMBios.plist</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
</dict>
</plist>

org.chameleon.Boot.plist.zip

Oh {censored}, I have already entered in the Boot.plist.

I will report back again later. Hoping to offer a solution.

• Like 1

I had a long time ago also the same problems with "waiting foor root device"
There may also be other reasons such as Incorrect BIOS settings, which I have already written above. or with my GA 990 FXA UD3 motherboard it was sufficient if I had the FIREWIRE active, then the error message came. When I had these problems, I have this driver package installed in /Extra/Extensions/
try to boot with these flag:   -v -f npci=0x2000 (or npci=0x3000) PCIRootUID=0 (or 1) usekernelcache=no ahcidisk=1 debug=8

Still Waiting for root device.zip

Edit:

Please check again your BIOS settings if you have done these values ​​as follows:
AHCI = Enabled
ACPI HPET Table = Enabled
Enhance Halt State = Enabled
Suspend to RAM = Auto
Enhance Halt C1E = Disabled

Edit:

and test your USB stick also to different USB slots.!!!!

Edited by spakk
  • Like 1

I had a long time ago also the same problems with "waiting foor root device"

There may also be other reasons such as Incorrect BIOS settings, which I have already written above. or with my GA 990 FXA UD3 motherboard it was sufficient if I had the FIREWIRE active, then the error message came. When I had these problems, I have this driver package installed in /Extra/Extensions/

try to boot with these flag:   -v -f npci=0x2000 (or npci=0x3000) PCIRootUID=0 (or 1) usekernelcache=no ahcidisk=1 debug=8

Still Waiting for root device.zip

Edit:

Please check again your BIOS settings if you have done these values ​​as follows:

AHCI = Enabled

ACPI HPET Table = Enabled

Enhance Halt State = Enabled

Suspend to RAM = Auto

Enhance Halt C1E = Disabled

Edit:

and test your USB stick also to different USB slots.!!!!

tried what u said above m8 still same , is there a reason that it would have loaded up once then not load again ? the usb wasnt touched once it had booted up because i thought i had done it and didnt want to mess with it when it was working ,. but it just didnt load up again,.,. checked my bios with above a and its correct apart from i dont haveAHCI  as u know and  i dony have

ENHANCED HALT STATE IN BIOS but i do have ENHANCED HALT C1E disabled ...

what is 

SATA SPREAAD SPECTRUM MINE IS DISABLED SO IS PCI SPREAD SPECTRUM ...CPU ACTIVE CORE CONTROL.......BOOT FAILURE ....

is it looking like i wont be able to do it ?

?.

also see whjen i copy raw image to usb ,.. my usb then has three partitions on it

partition 1=EFI  file system is  fat32 type GPT (efi system) status active

part. 2 = 6gig  file syst. other type GPT status none ( should this partition be active )

part 3= unallocated spare not in use is it 

is that correct ?

I think you makes something wrong.

look this video in all calm, then make a long break, then create anew USB Stick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuP9dMsbBnI
(USB Stick with MBR Partition)

from Shaneee (insaneleymac user) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaEgAFVnxqQ
(USB Stick with GUID Partition)

you see, there are various ways

• Like 1

look this video in all calm, then make a long break, then create anew USB Stick.

gonna start afresh dwnload fresh mavericks from apple ,... if i dwnl;oad fresh image and start again ,.. will i put ur rollback files in it b4 i burn it m8 and kernel  ?

cheers 

gonna have a beer first ..

and 1 for u lol

cheers 

Ok

Hello again , Im back ,I managed to get mavericks installed using pandora video .and a few flags (cant remember what ones ) but main thing is it installed to my HDD , so when it installed it had to reboot , the hdd wont boot  on its own so i boot to usb pick hdd then -f-v and or usekernelcache=no,  it cant find kernel cache so i copy kernel from root of usb to root of hdd  , still wont recognise kernel so i trial and error with some kernels till one loads ,.... i then get this (see pic ) 

any Ideas  !!

ps

tried -x

-f

-f-v

-f-v-x

npci=0x2000 and 3000

then it hangs 

hi again ave been @ this since friday and cant get any joy ,... driving me crazy,... could anyone look @ this pic and point me in right direction please ,.. Im stuck ! just cant get the hdd with mavericks installed to boot or usb to install again gettin confused and tired .

post-930830-0-48134800-1399664039_thumb.jpg

post-930830-0-43432400-1399821438_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

The bios settings are not correct! The USB stick/ or OS X - HDD must be set on the first boot sequence , which is the reason why the system stops at "waiting for root device" .