ASROCK BOARD NO AHCI AND AMD PROCESSOR--really am stuck now

karpof

44 posts in this topic

hello to all on forum, as u can see im new here and new to hackintosh, i tried it a couple of years ago but never really got it going and gave up , but im of work for 2 weeks and thought i,d give it another go , been @ it 4 a week but no avail the nearest i got was crashing at the apple screen so i now have to ask for help (ive tried without asking but now i need help or i will give up again) anyway 

HERE GOES WITH MY PROBLEM

I have an asrock board .... N68C-GS FX
it has no "AHCI" option in the bios and I have an "AMD Athlon II x4 620" Processor

I keep either installing wrong kexts or get confused I have downloaded Mavericks 109.9 from apple and my hack util...and other bootloaders and files and images but i still cant get it to work without crashing .
So i formatted the hdd so i can try again (hopefully with bit of help)

I am using a 16gig usb flash drive 
and I have included cpuz system info so u can read my pc spec.. also included system info from olarila sys inf.

is there anychance someone could look @ my spec and point me in right direction please ., Im not looking to e spoonfed just a little help please as im running ou of patience but i wold like to achieve my goal of a working mac on my pc ..,.,. 
thanks in advance for any info/help regarding above

ps.
I am @ present using lion on vmware to work and i have a spare hdd 
thanx again (here,s hoping ) feel free to post 
thanx

post-930830-0-08510400-1398778167_thumb.png

CPU-Z DESKTOP.txt

• Like 1

Hello

I gave to you a solution to install OSX
Try that

You'll need make 2 modifications to boot with that solution

1st - Looking for a modified kernel for your CPU model... you can see in here if has some kernel to you: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/285110-amd-working-builds/
If not... seach in google...
After donwload the image, and make your usb bootable... put this kernel in root folder to overwhite the original

Obs: Rename the modified kernel to mach_kernel

2nd - Your Bios doesn't have AHCI option, so... try this kext:  http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/190449-superviaatakext-for-snow-leopard-marvell-88se6121/

Put in Extra folder.... and boot with -f

AMD is patience... let's make some tests :)

• Like 1

hi and thanx gonna have food first and a read and will get back to u @ let u know how i get on , 

AMD is patience 

ye u said it patience and plenty of free time ,. the more i read the more confused im becoming , feels like hard work

downloading at the mo. let u know how i get on thanxx again 

ps

how do i know if kernel is right one ? and my hdd is recognised ? thanx 

Hello

how do i know if kernel is right one ? and my hdd is recognised ?

We're never sure ... the deal is going testing until you find one that works for real...

I believe yes, but... just make tests to have sure....

Other thing: Maybe MV doesn't work in your CPU model, so... but don't worries... if MV doens't work, we'll test ML....

I don't know much about AMD hack, but i'll try help you. :)

• Like 1

Hello

We're never sure ... the deal is going testing until you find one that works for real...

I believe yes, but... just make tests to have sure....

Other thing: Maybe MV doesn't work in your CPU model, so... but don't worries... if MV doens't work, we'll test ML....

I don't know much about AMD hack, but i'll try help you. :)

testing testing testing thats all ive done ;lately lol, hard work this , im downloading files at mo. will let u know how i get on once ive tried it so it mybe  be later on 2night ,.....but thanx for taking the time and showing interest ,.I was about to "give in" and forget abbout it , so cheers .........will get back later .appreciated .

Hello

Try put that kext for AHCI in S/L/E....

Now test again those 4 kernels... I'll trylooking for a good kernel to you if those kernel won't work

UPDATE

Try this kernel: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=117932

Boot with -f -v

Other boot args: ncpi=0x2000 or ncpi=0x3000

• Like 1

Hello

Try put that kext for AHCI in S/L/E....

Now test again those 4 kernels... I'll trylooking for a good kernel to you if those kernel won't work

UPDATE

Try this kernel: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=117932

Boot with -f -v

Other boot args: ncpi=0x2000 or ncpi=0x3000

hi m8, a feel a bit stupid here ,

i cant even get the usb to boot , ive loaded image to the usb word for word in instructions ( tried a boot without modifying image , didnt boot ) , both in vmware and windows, i drop the mach_kernel to root of usb tried again , didnt boot,

used ur 2nd - Your Bios doesn't have AHCI option, so... try this kext:  http://www.insanelym...rvell-88se6121/

Put in Extra folder.... and boot with -f

didnt boot .

regarding above kext = 

e the link says the kext is for snow leapord  !!! will it work for me on this image ?

also would i need to download the 64bit version ?

or is there a AHCI kext for mavericks ?

thanx cheers

ps 

when i say "wont boot" when i boot from usb in bios i get a blank screen when trying to read usb and pcx crashes sme if hdd is 1st boot in bios 

sorry for the hassle . 

cheers 

should i have more kexts ? in image extentions ? 

post-930830-0-40867600-1398883322_thumb.png

post-930830-0-34105000-1398883628_thumb.png

post-930830-0-82283300-1398883629_thumb.png

Hello

Sorry, but i'm very bussy these days

Download ML, i gave to you the solution... because this kernel was only tested in ml...

use this ahci kext, is for sl, but work in ml to...

hi and thanx for taking the time to answer ,. is the 10.8_Mountain_Lion_bootable_USB_for_Intel_PCs ok for AMD ? 

does this mean mavericks wont work on my spec. pc, is it a mach kernel fault ? just asking for the knowlge / expierience

thanx again ..cheers

Hi karpof,

please test this patched system drivers  http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/186-no-npci0xxxx/

before you install the system drivers to S / L / E, make a backup of the current drivers!

then boot with this bootflags: -v -f usekernelcache = NO (without NPCI=0x2000 or / 3000 !!!)

Hi karpof,

please test this patched system drivers  http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/186-no-npci0xxxx/

before you install the system drivers to S / L / E, make a backup of the current drivers!

then boot with this bootflags: -v -f usekernelcache = NO (without NPCI=0x2000 or / 3000 !!!)

Hello and thanx for your help / input its appreciated m8,..

do u mean do this with mavericks or lion ?

cheers

These is only for mavericks

If you have another OS X version,

better you installed the ACPI rollback. And boot with -v -f npci=0x2000 usekernelcache=no

These is only for mavericks

If you have another OS X version,

better you installed the ACPI rollback. And boot with -v -f npci=0x2000 usekernelcache=no

tried it m8, didnt work get same kernel panic screen above ,...I put in s/l/e along with kext above for no achi in post 2 but no luck in booting , cant get to installation screen 

cheers

Hello

Is for intel, but you can put that kernel modified to overwrithe the old one... use that kernel i recommend to you...

spakk gave tou you adittional infos, he's a expert in amd :)

I was bussy, so... sorry m8.

Hi again , thanx for sticking with me ., see the image in post 11 , is that a kernel fault or a "no ahci" fault or AMD fault ?

can it be fixed , ? , i dont mind reading and learning .

lion keeps rebooting 

Hi again , thanx for sticking with me ., see the image in post 11 , is that a kernel fault or a "no ahci" fault or AMD fault ?

can it be fixed , ? , i dont mind reading and learning .

lion keeps rebooting 

how come i cant get either image (mavericks\lion to recognise my hdd,s even with no ahci kext , its begining to tire me out lol ,.just cant get an image to load to hdd 

Hello my friend.....

1.  it is very important to enter your complete hardware into a signature, otherwise no one can help you here and will. We need the following information:

1. Motherboard: ASROCK N68C-GS FX   see Hardware Spezification Here you'll find a lot of information regarding the installed hardware components in your mainboard
  2. CPU: AMD Athlon™ II X4 620 Processor
  3. Graphics card: ATI Radeon 5450 possibly?

• the installation can be successful only with the Mavericks. !!
  • But the correct BIOS settings are very important!!!!

I am sure that it will work with your hardware. Lion 10.7.x and Mountain Lion 10.8.x we had significant kernel problems and many graphics cards are not supported.

Therefore you load the mavericks.app the best Version is 10.9.0 and use myhack 3.1.1 to create the usb stick.

(To this , there are many good examples of how you can do that. Otherwise, there are also alternative how to create of windows, seeking here in insaneleymac.

Then install the chipset ( NForce ) drivers into the folder /EXTRA/Extensions/  then make a small adjustments to the org.chameleon.boot.plist, a proper smbios.plist then the installation should work without problems. Regardless of the many AMD kernels. ( the amd kernels you can find above download, see above !!!)

if no more are to come on, then look here, here you will find plenty of information, the information should not be sufficient, then put your rest accordingly on the right side, then somebody will help you.

Here you can find sufficiently examples of executable OSX Hackintoshs here

Good luck!

Edited by spakk
  • Like 2

Hello my friend.....

1.  it is very important to enter your complete hardware into a signature, otherwise no one can help you here and will. We need the following information:

1. Motherboard: ASROCK N68C-GS FX   see Hardware Spezification Here you'll find a lot of information regarding the installed hardware components in your mainboard
  2. CPU: AMD Athlon II X4 620 Processor
  3. Graphics card: ATI Radeon 5450 possibly?

• the installation can be successful only with the Mavericks. !!
  • But the correct BIOS settings are very important!!!!

I am sure that it will work with your hardware. Lion 10.7.x and Mountain Lion 10.8.x we had significant kernel problems and many graphics cards are not supported.

Therefore you load the mavericks.app the best Version is 10.9.0 and use myhack 3.1.1 to create the usb stick.

(To this , there are many good examples of how you can do that. Otherwise, there are also alternative how to create of windows, seeking here in insaneleymac.

Then install the chipset ( NForce ) drivers into the folder /EXTRA/Extensions/  then make a small adjustments to the org.chameleon.boot.plist, a proper smbios.plist then the installation should work without problems. Regardless of the many AMD kernels. ( the amd kernels you can find above download, see above !!!)

if no more are to come on, then look here, here you will find plenty of information, the information should not be sufficient, then put your rest accordingly on the right side, then somebody will help you.

Here you can find sufficiently examples of executable OSX Hackintoshs here

Good luck!

hi thanx for ur patience , im running out . lol

u say 

make a small adjustments to the org.chameleon.boot.plist, a proper smbios.plist===

how do i do this  ?

could u post me a link plze ta

A.) make the USB stick with myHack 3.1.1
B.) after create the USB Stick, then follow these instructions:
C.) Rename your EXTR folder in a_Extra.
D.) extract the zip file and copy my Extra folder into your USB Stick  (Drivers to fix your BIOS with AHCI - problem are located in the folder /Extra/Extensions/)

1) boot your computer and go into the BIOS,
2) Set your Bios settings to "load optimized defaults"!
3) then save the setting
4 reboot
5) Go into the BIOS and set AHCI (IDE or better SATA) to Enabled. (in the normal case should be set bios so as you do not have this setting , set your HDD to SATA !!) ;)
6 Firewire set to disabled
7 set your USB drive into the boot sequence on the first positionon.
8) then save the bios settings, now you can simply restart your system and boot from your USB stick

9) after the install of mavericks, install the RealtekRTL81xx-0_0_90.pkg,, see into folder“Tools for Ethernet“  hoping that will work for your Ethernet card.

Good Luck! ;)

ASROCK N68C-GS FX_ATI Radeon 5450 .zip

A.) make the USB stick with myHack 3.1.1

B.) after create the USB Stick, then follow these instructions:

C.) Rename your EXTR folder in a_Extra.

D.) extract the zip file and copy my Extra folder into your USB Stick  (Drivers to fix your BIOS with AHCI - problem are located in the folder /Extra/Extensions/)

1) boot your computer and go into the BIOS,

2) Set your Bios settings to "load optimized defaults"!

3) then save the setting

4 reboot

5) Go into the BIOS and set AHCI (IDE or better SATA) to Enabled. (in the normal case should be set bios so as you do not have this setting , set your HDD to SATA !!) ;)

6 Firewire set to disabled

7 set your USB drive into the boot sequence on the first positionon.

8) then save the bios settings, now you can simply restart your system and boot from your USB stick

9) after the install of mavericks, install the RealtekRTL81xx-0_0_90.pkg,, see into folder“Tools for Ethernet“  hoping that will work for your Ethernet card.

Good Luck! ;)

HI thanx ur a patient guy  !

1st am gonna update my signature later ,  u say  install mavericks 10.9.0 ,.. this is not the RAW image i downloaded is it ? 

do i need to download 10.9.0 o, think the raw image is 10.9.1,2 ?

also i can only find myhack 3.3.1 not 3.1.1 does it have to be 3.1.1. and 10.9.0 .

FIREWIRE i dont have in bios ?

Rename your EXTR folder in a_Extra. Image doesnt have EXTR folder , can i just add ur folder ? 

i have been reading and doing  some trial and error , all experience i suppose its a learning journey ,...  I dont want you to think that im just waiting on ppl to do it for me , i kinda enjoy the challenge ....

PS does my mav 10.9.0 need to be virgin untouched image ? kernel above !!! do u mean the one posted by PimentelX86 ? and do i use myhack to repair usb / image after adding extra ect b4 installation 

1) sorry, that was a read error from me, I meant the last myHack version 3.3.1.

2) To Mavericks version, which does not really matter which version you are downloading.

What is important is that every Mavericks after version 10.9.1 must be a Rollback system drivers to be installed from mavericks 10.9.0 !

Always be careful! the need to consider any AMD Hackintos user until we get in the hope a new AMD kernel. But there is at the moment apple very closed, unfortunately, they move out no source code.

The system drivers are you habe taking from mavericks 10.9.0:
System.kext, Sandbox.kext and last the AppleSMC.kext, this driver prevents the SMC Error when booting your system (though the system will boot, but without major restrictions now so we have to fix the solution to the problem with it)

3) ok if no FIREWIRE in BIOS, then you can not turn off what you do not have ;)

4) the Extra folder is automatically created by myhack Tool / Chameleon bootloader . For safety's sake , rename or delete ... do not care.

5) in Annex I add you two amd Kernels ( mach_kernel_rc4_fix and cавва2 ) , the others can be found under downloads . unzip the file and add the kernels into your USB (root)

6)  Second appendix lists all system are drivers (AMD rollback 10.9.0 )

mach_kernel_rc4_fix.zip

cавва2.zip

AMD_Rollback 10.9.0.zip

• Like 1