R9 290X Help for mavericks

TechGuru

473 posts in this topic

yes os x uses opencl more in the entire os and opencl is like cuda but more advanced some people wont admit it and nvidia is not very good at opencl

Thanks for getting back to me, much appreciated :) I'll then stay loyal to the 'red' camp haha. I'm just hoping that this card just works (and that this driver support stays in future versions of OS X).

Some might disagree with me but just get what ever suits you more you won't see a difference in real world performance lol they are both almost the same that being said the r9 290x is a whole lot cheaper and thats what would make my mind up personally.....it also has more vram if you run at higher resolutions  that's always a plus

Yeah, I also thought about it, 3 vs 4GB. I made up my mind now thanks to you guys over here :)

I kept reading and reading and just didn't understand everything and now what WarDoctor said was for me the breakthrough :)

Thanks guys. I'll still hold off a short while, but will order the R9 290X one way or another, that's for sure ;) I'm currently looking at this card: http://www.sapphiretech.com/presentation/product/product_index.aspx?pid=2090&lid=1 as it has a UEFI vbios OOB, which makes it more attractive for me with booting Clover :) Hope this works though :D

did he fix his drivers or update the package cause he forgot a few f

Folks should give netkas' drivers for 10.9.3 a go: http://forum.netkas.org/index.php/topic,8489.0.html

Awesome,.. now my 10.9. Version with Chameleon runs with the Asus 290x, System shows as Radeon HD 8xxxx, but a few Graphic issues ... 

if i move a window,.. the window gets clear and shows the desktop-background

and after loading the system to Loginscreen the Signal from Display is bad,.. remove HDMI-Cable and put back into the card "hey i can see sth"

but thats better then before  :D  :D

p.s. sorry for baaaad english  

• Like 1

did he fix his drivers or update the package cause he forgot a few files

I checked pkg and I didnt forget files. Most likely its ur system. Need more testers. Guys with any other gcn gpus can help in testing

• Like 1

I checked pkg and I didnt forget files. Most likely its ur system. Need more testers. Guys with any other gcn gpus can help in testing

i tried it on over 10 systems same result right amount of ram shows up with no qe/ci so i's just my system it may be it only works on yours for and without knowing what you did or what config you have right now we will have no luck either 

i tried it on over 10 systems same result right amount of ram shows up with no qe/ci so i's just my system it may be it only works on yours for and without knowing what you did or what config you have right now we will have no luck either 

Seems to have worked for Quagmire22...

Thanks for getting back to me, much appreciated :) I'll then stay loyal to the 'red' camp haha. I'm just hoping that this card just works (and that this driver support stays in future versions of OS X).

Yeah, I also thought about it, 3 vs 4GB. I made up my mind now thanks to you guys over here :)

I kept reading and reading and just didn't understand everything and now what WarDoctor said was for me the breakthrough :)

Thanks guys. I'll still hold off a short while, but will order the R9 290X one way or another, that's for sure ;) I'm currently looking at this card: http://www.sapphiretech.com/presentation/product/product_index.aspx?pid=2090&lid=1 as it has a UEFI vbios OOB, which makes it more attractive for me with booting Clover :) Hope this works though :D

I've ordered the card from my previous post. I'll let you know whether this card boots full UEFI with Clover (as it has UEFI vbios with secure boot support, according to sapphire). We'll see :)

Anyone find a way not to get a crash on multiple monitors?

I have a mobile chip (FirePro M6100) which also requires the AMD8000Controller, and I have it working, but can't use more than one monitor.

I also don't have working sleep.  How is sleep working for you?

Thanks!

Figured the problem, gpusupport.framework wasn't properly installed. trying to upload updated pkg

EDIT: file updated, same link, file is new

i am trying now thanks

Figured the problem, gpusupport.framework wasn't properly installed. trying to upload updated pkg

confirmed 100% working thanks 

• Like 3

Will try netkas' new package asap. Already have 10.9.3 installed on spare HDD, so it's only booting with iGPU, install pkg and reboot. Already tried my new gpu in Windows. It totally rocks! :D

@WarDoctor: We almost have the same system lol.

YOU ARE THE BEST! As usual! 

Everything working great here, 290X on 10.9.3 :)

• Like 1

After finally having some time I can confirm that these kexts work on 10.9.4 with a Sapphire R9 290X Tri-X with UEFI GOP VBIOS (factory overclocked).

Thanks netkas for doing such a great job!

Think this will work on a ASUS DirectCU II OC 290X with 10.9.4?

I'd be very surprised if it didn't :)