• Please log in to reply
448 replies to this topic

BBond007

BBond007

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Unfortunately, same situation. I have DVI HDMI working. It doesn't recognize DP. Maybe I have syntax mistakes in config.plist? Or wrong bios settings.. I have vd-t - enable, intel graphics - disable, CSM - as I understood enable. (I have yosemite 10.10.3 beta 2 already).

I had to enable CSM to get DP to work. I bought a cheap HDMI --> VGA adapter so I could turn CSM off. Previously I only had a DP --> VGA adapter.

TommyCardello

TommyCardello

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

I had to enable CSM to get DP to work. I bought a cheap HDMI --> VGA adapter so I could turn CSM off. Previously I only had a DP --> VGA adapter.

Same as me. I also use VGA-DP adaptor. And CSM as default (enable). I think, i have mistakes in config.plist. I`ll try to find a problem..

TommyCardello

TommyCardello

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

I have different idea. I`ve got my monitors connected: primary(HDMI) with DVI-HDMI cable,  second(DVI) with DVI-DVI, and third (DP which not work) with VGA-VGA+vga-dp adapter. Maybe os x/mac cannot recognize DP because of adapter? What do you think guys?

HAVE ANYONE working monitors with adapters as mine?

OSBeast

OSBeast

InsanelyMac Sage

• Donators
  • 250 posts
  • Interests:X-Plane 10
    Coding
    YouTube

Languages : BG, DE, GB/US

I have different idea. I`ve got my monitors connected: primary(HDMI) with DVI-HDMI cable,  second(DVI) with DVI-DVI, and third (DP which not work) with VGA-VGA+vga-dp adapter. Maybe os x/mac cannot recognize DP because of adapter? What do you think guys?

HAVE ANYONE working monitors with adapters as mine?

VGA is not supported by OS X but may work and i think there are no via dp adapters cause VGA is analogue signal and dp digital. Thats like to convert SKART to HDMI

happy hacking

OSBeast

TommyCardello

TommyCardello

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

VGA is not supported by OS X but may work and i think there are no via dp adapters cause VGA is analogue signal and dp digital. Thats like to convert SKART to HDMI

happy hacking

OSBeast

Yes, digital and analogue. You`re right. I mean this device.

BUT Firstly, Windows runs great with this adapter.

Secondly, without frame buffer patch my Hackintosh can start with working DP. But as he like, can start with working or can start with black screen at same config.

I`m not sure that is something as a bug, or theoretically it can work with this adapter with right config?

Attached Files

BBond007

BBond007

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

i was using this one:

http://www.tigerdire...p?EdpNo=9127780

it supports DVI and HDMI out and works really well. 

now I'm using this one

http://www.amazon.co...uct/B00LIHRFPW/

sometimes after wake with this one the monitor takes an long time to sync or reverts to a weird resolution. probably something to do with this cheap 19" monitor. 

MacFaulty

MacFaulty

InsanelyNut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • Interests:Java, PHP, Ruby & Linux/Windows server management

Quick question. If you are patching a framebuffer, will this patch need to be adjusted when a new version of the kext is included in an update?

I'm using Clover and put the connectorsData in there. So, do you only need to patch the framebuffer once (only if the framebuffer stays in the driver and you keep the same graphics card, obviously)? :)

Thanks

adrian_cam

adrian_cam

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I hope this could help to my xfx 290x to work thanks in advance!

Awesome Donkey

Awesome Donkey

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Which is the current working connectors data and connectors patch for 10.10.3? I feel like testing it out.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: R9 290X

Topic Stats Last Post Info

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2015 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy