Maybe 10.9.4 or 10.10

Ir0nSlug

Ir0nSlug

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Maybe 10.9.4 or 10.10

pretty sure the 10.9.4 betas will start coming out today or tomorrow they usually come out quick after a release 

Rampage Dev

Rampage Dev

InsanelyMac Deity

• Local Moderators
  • 1,996 posts

Its a BIOS issue on the GPU itself. Not the drivers. Focus on the BIOS of the AMD 290 and 290X and see what is different between there BIOS and the 270X for example. 

TechGuru

TechGuru

InsanelyMac Geek

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

pretty sure the 10.9.4 betas will start coming out today or tomorrow they usually come out quick after a release 

good the sooner we have the drivers working the better

JasonHUN

JasonHUN

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

ALERT!
http://www.imore.com...s-x-1094-coming

TechGuru

TechGuru

InsanelyMac Geek

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

good should be out soon on my update program 

randallphoto

randallphoto

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Its a BIOS issue on the GPU itself. Not the drivers. Focus on the BIOS of the AMD 290 and 290X and see what is different between there BIOS and the 270X for example.

So you think the 10.9.3 drivers already support the 290x but something on the card itself is preventing it from working?

Rampage Dev

Rampage Dev

InsanelyMac Deity

• Local Moderators
  • 1,996 posts

So you think the 10.9.3 drivers already support the 290x but something on the card itself is preventing it from working?

The device ID for the 290 and 290X has been there for some time. And yes, it is a BIOS issue. 

JasonHUN

JasonHUN

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

The device ID for the 290 and 290X has been there for some time. And yes, it is a BIOS issue. 

Please solve this PROBLEM :))

Rampage Dev

Rampage Dev

InsanelyMac Deity

• Local Moderators
  • 1,996 posts

Please solve this PROBLEM :))

If people were willing to work together and not expecting someone else to do all the work then yes I would put time into it. ;) 

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,907 posts

Cannot someone simply flash the BIOS of, say, the R9 280X and see what happens?

stingray_454

stingray_454

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

I'm guessing that's not a great idea considering it's two completely different GPU architectures.

Rampage Dev

Rampage Dev

InsanelyMac Deity

• Local Moderators
  • 1,996 posts

I have tried loading different roms with different edits using the boot loader and restarts just as before. But you can't take a 7970 GPU bios and try to make it work. lol

A AMD 260X is a new arc but not the same either. 

randallphoto

randallphoto

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

If people were willing to work together and not expecting someone else to do all the work then yes I would put time into it. ;)

I'm definitely willing to help in any way possible, this is beyond my current hackintosh level of knowledge at this point though :P. I have a pair of 290x's I'd love to get at least one working in Mac OS though! Could it be brand specific? I have matching Sapphire cards, but I have yet to try them out.

And as a side note, your socket 2011 DMG's helped me out a lot! :)

blacksheep

blacksheep

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

I tried to extract some info from the BIOS with atomdis, but it seems to have a problem with R9 290X rom.

Tried 2 different BIOSes, same story.

I got Segmentation fault: 11 and atomdis produced 80MB txt file, which was incomplete.

With 280X BIOS it works perfectly.

None of 3 different roms DL'd from techpowerup (ATI, Gigabyte, MSI) has the UEFI part, that's a bit strange nowadays, don't you think?

randallphoto

randallphoto

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

I tried to extract some info from the BIOS with atomdis, but it seems to have a problem with R9 290X rom.

Tried 2 different BIOSes, same story.

I got Segmentation fault: 11 and atomdis produced 80MB txt file, which was incomplete.

With 280X BIOS it works perfectly.

None of 3 different roms DL'd from techpowerup (ATI, Gigabyte, MSI) has the UEFI part, that's a bit strange nowadays, don't you think?

Now that you mention this, after doing some searching it looks like the 290x does not normally support UEFI. Supposedly there is a UEFI specific VBIOS you can flash. I'm going to hunt that down today and give it a try.

Edit: I've sent a request to sapphire to obtain the UEFI specific bios as it's not readily available online. I'll let you guys know how it goes! **fingers crossed :P **

stingray_454

stingray_454

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Now that you mention this, after doing some searching it looks like the 290x does not normally support UEFI. Supposedly there is a UEFI specific VBIOS you can flash. I'm going to hunt that down today and give it a try.

Found in some review of 290X cards: "It should be noted that Sapphire has implemented DUAL BIOS on the Tri-X models, ensuring that the card boots and delivers maximum performance in systems with both UEFI and legacy BIOS implementations". Did anyone try the second bios setting on a Sapphire Tri-X card?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy