• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Kyle6933

Kyle6933

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:Hackintoshing, audio, building computers, hacking.

I am installing on an AMD laptop which has 4gb of RAM and an AMD Turion X2 processor.

While trying to use bootflags such as "amd, -x, -f, GraphicsEnabler=Yes, IGPEnabler=Yes, and cpus=1", no matter what combo, they all come up with the same kernel panic:

90857d1398478940t-kernel-panic-upon-tryi

I'm at a loss, and since Im (sort of) new to this... I need help!

Cheers.

PimentelX86

PimentelX86

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 2,936 posts

Hello

Welcome...

AMD is different, you need put a modified kernel(legacy_kernel)to make your CPU work...

What method are you using? Distro or retail? Anyway... give a read in here to see AMD builds that work: http://www.insanelym...working-builds/

If you don't find you CPU model, that doesn't mean you can not install OSX, just search the internet a modified kernel and try use it...

Kyle6933

Kyle6933

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Thanks, I'm using Niresh to install, which I've heard has kernels for AMD preinstalled (hence why I put AMD as the first boot flag). Ill give the article a read to see what I can find.

Kyle6933

Kyle6933

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

I hate to bump the thread but any other recommendations? I've tried most of the kernels in that list along with any combo of boot flag...

PimentelX86

PimentelX86

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 2,936 posts

Hello

Don't worries man...

You need you know this: You're using distro and distro is waste of time... distro is pre-configured to run in AMD/Intel CPU, but this is waste of time...

Try retail method, you'll note a real difference... I gave to you a solution to install OSX(retail)

After download this image, donwload a modified kernel and overwhiter original kernel that already is in image....

Kyle6933

Kyle6933

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Alright man I'll try that out... thanks!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: kernel panic, kernel, panic, amd, turion x2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy