• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

airacutie

airacutie

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Hello all, so as the title says, I just recently finished my first mod and its based on Apple PowerMac G5. As a past owner of various Alienware machines and current Apple fan, I wanted to build something quite powerful in Apple case, as none of currently available Apple products could achieve what I need. So I grabbed PowerMac G5 which was available and have started to think what with it. I found couple of really useful posts on the internet which gave me an idea how to proceed and this is the result:

https://www.facebook...=1&l=b897b99c8b

I apologize for premod photos, they are mainly from internet, as I dont have any premod photos of the case ;-)

I have used old ATX case as MB holder and back plate and overall it took me something around 40 hours to finish I think. Main usage is as gaming rig and home PC for everything.

Current specs is as below:

CPU: i5 4670k + BOX chladic zatial
GPU: MSI R9 270X Hawk
MB: MSI Z87 MPOWER SP
RAM: 8GB Kingston 2400MHz
SSD: 256GB + 128GB Crucial M4
PSU: 650W Cooler Master

Regarding some benchmarks:
3DMark 2006: 28157
3DMark 11: 8409
Windows 8 experience index: 8.1|8.1|8.4|8.4|8.2
SuperPI 1M: 9,813

I will try to add more detailed photos :-)

Mr.D.

Mr.D.

There are those who call me...

• Local Moderators
  • 545 posts
  • Interests:Music editing/Remixing, hiking, orienteering, 4 wheeling, reading (yes like books and such), and...

Looking good! If you have any more detailed photos that you would share with everyone, we'd all appreciate it! Have you bench-marked the system yet? What are you planning on using it for? How long did it take to do the work? How much did you spend?

Looks great so far - but I think I can speak for everyone when I say, "More!"

airacutie

airacutie

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Thanks Mr.D. :-) I have added some more info, will add also some more detailed photos later.

Mr.D.

Mr.D.

There are those who call me...

• Local Moderators
  • 545 posts
  • Interests:Music editing/Remixing, hiking, orienteering, 4 wheeling, reading (yes like books and such), and...

Will you be running a version of OS X on this system?

airacutie

airacutie

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Not sure yet, I was trying to install it on my previous machine using the process below but without success.

http://www.osxlatitu...e-installation/

airacutie

airacutie

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Hey Mr. D., guys, I am thinking about replacing BOX cooler with some water cooling, probably Cooler Master Nepton 280L. What do you think about this? Anybody this something similar? Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy