I didn't find anyone else with this solution so I'll post it:
The problem: You have a USB or built in USB fingerprint scanner by authentec and it is not recognized by truesuite you installed
1. First go into system information under USB find your fingerprint scanner vendor ID should be 0x08ff
2. Get your product ID and use the built in OSX calculator to convert it to decimal.
3. open a terminal window and type "open /var/truesuite/plugin"
4. If you have a swipe style reader copy ABApiPlugin.tsplugin/Contents/Info.plist or for the optical (like a flat bed scanner) BSApiPlugin.tsplugin/Contents/Info.plist
5. Open file in Xcode
6. In the Info.plist go to SupportDevices
7. Choose any item and change the product ID to the decimal version of your product ID
9. Replace original Info.plist with edited version.
11. Enroll prints.
Advice: It should just work with editing any but if it does not try changing the other item product IDs one at a time.
This may also work with other brands but you will have to also convert and edit the vendor ID, let me know what you find.
CAUTION fingerprint login with true suite is BROKEN in Mavericks