VMWare Issue

7 posts in this topic

Hi,

Just have a question about VMWare. I am trying to install Mac OS X Tiger through VMWare. My GuestOS is 'FreeBDS' and everything is set up fine. My ISO image is mounted to a virtual drive.

When I go to start up my virtual machine it says on that black screen, 'Operating System not found'.

I have been stuck on this for a while now and hoping someone can help me, below is a screenshot of my VMWare.

Thanks,

post-59387-1160378558_thumb.png

Does the version of OS X have to be pre-patched by JaS, or can it just be normal?

Thanks again :sorcerer:

Specs

CPU: Intel Pentium 4 2.4 GHz

RAM: 2.0 GB

With the SSE2 thing, I'm not sure. Can I find out? And I mounted the ISO using by right-clicking on the virtual drive and selecting 'Mount ISO'. I have Alcohol 120% which I assume does the right-click thing.

Thanks for the reply!

EDIT: I used CPU-Z to find out, and yes it is 'SSE2'. So I hope that information helps :poster_oops:

have you added the cdrom in the vmware setup? then point it to the alcholic image mounter's letter.

Yes I have that, my virtual drive is F: and that is where it's pointed. Does it have to be a pre-patched version of Tiger or can it be the plain thing? That's the only think that I'm guessing could be wrong.

Cheers

ah! that's it! i thought you had got a patched version but you were asking if the jas one works better!

ofcourse you need a prepatched iso. it won'ty install otherwise

Oh thank you so much! I had started downloading one but I wasn't sure.

Thanks again for your great assistence :poster_oops: