6 replies to this topic

Nelson.

Nelson.

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Hi,

Just have a question about VMWare. I am trying to install Mac OS X Tiger through VMWare. My GuestOS is 'FreeBDS' and everything is set up fine. My ISO image is mounted to a virtual drive.

When I go to start up my virtual machine it says on that black screen, 'Operating System not found'.

I have been stuck on this for a while now and hoping someone can help me, below is a screenshot of my VMWare.

Thanks,

Attached File  Example.PNG   53.01KB   84 downloads

Does the version of OS X have to be pre-patched by JaS, or can it just be normal?

Thanks again :sorcerer:

lord_muad_dib

lord_muad_dib

InsanelyMacaholic

• Retired
  • 3,398 posts
pc specs? cpu with SSE2(better with SSE3 too) required

how do you mount the iso? thru daemon tools or the internal iso mounter? the latter doesn't work

Nelson.

Nelson.

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Specs

CPU: Intel Pentium 4 2.4 GHz
RAM: 2.0 GB

With the SSE2 thing, I'm not sure. Can I find out? And I mounted the ISO using by right-clicking on the virtual drive and selecting 'Mount ISO'. I have Alcohol 120% which I assume does the right-click thing.

Thanks for the reply!

EDIT: I used CPU-Z to find out, and yes it is 'SSE2'. So I hope that information helps :poster_oops:

lord_muad_dib

lord_muad_dib

InsanelyMacaholic

• Retired
  • 3,398 posts
have you added the cdrom in the vmware setup? then point it to the alcholic image mounter's letter.

Nelson.

Nelson.

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

have you added the cdrom in the vmware setup? then point it to the alcholic image mounter's letter.

Yes I have that, my virtual drive is F: and that is where it's pointed. Does it have to be a pre-patched version of Tiger or can it be the plain thing? That's the only think that I'm guessing could be wrong.

Cheers

lord_muad_dib

lord_muad_dib

InsanelyMacaholic

• Retired
  • 3,398 posts
ah! that's it! i thought you had got a patched version but you were asking if the jas one works better!

ofcourse you need a prepatched iso. it won'ty install otherwise

Nelson.

Nelson.

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

ah! that's it! i thought you had got a patched version but you were asking if the jas one works better!

ofcourse you need a prepatched iso. it won'ty install otherwise

Oh thank you so much! I had started downloading one but I wasn't sure.

Thanks again for your great assistence :poster_oops:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy