how to find correct "ig_platform_id" of my video card

truztruz

119 posts in this topic

and last.... what Azul framebuffer values should be tried ? all from 0 to 15 or only value 10 ?

tnx again

I think the best, most likely, and one that was working for you before, was IntelAzulFB=10.

Tried binpatch and both 0a16 and 0a26 device id with IntelAzulFB=10, but still no AppleIntelHD5000Graphics.kext loaded  :no: .

Attached ioregs with both device id injection.

Verify md5 sum of AppleIntelHD5000Graphics.

md5 /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelHD5000Graphics.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleIntelHD5000Graphics
Make sure you repair permissions & rebuild cache.

Also, try booting "-f" then posting ioreg.

--

Edit...

Also try this patch (in addition to previous patch):

# binary patch for desktop HD4400 (trades mobile HD4400 for desktop HD4400)
sudo -s
cd /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelHD5000Graphics.kext/Contents/MacOS
perl -pi -e 's|\x85\x80\x16\x0a|\x85\x80\x1e\x04|g' AppleIntelHD5000Graphics
cd /System/Library/Extensions
touch .

Second patch gets osx stuck on boot...... in verbose mode it ends in a black terminal screen.

The driver is probably loading in that case, but not working.

There is probably a reason they put that check in...

I think it is easier to purchase a CPU that has supported graphics in the first place. Or add a compatible graphics card. Given I don't have this hardware, I'm out of ideas/energy to pursue the matter further.

Hi RehabMan, Thank you very much for all your time and help. Even if my HD4400 desktop is still not working properly I have learn many things thanks to your help.  :yes:

I think I'll buy an nvidia Gt630 video card. Do you know if this will work oob without problems?

Thank you again

Hi RehabMan, Thank you very much for all your time and help. Even if my HD4400 desktop is still not working properly I have learn many things thanks to your help.  :yes:

I think I'll buy an nvidia Gt630 video card. Do you know if this will work oob without problems?

Thank you again

I have no experience with nvidia. I have no need for anything more than integrated graphics for what I do.

Thank you again

You could try a slightly different patch (must patch vanilla):

perl -pi -e 's|\x85\x80\x12\x04|\x85\x80\x1e\x04|g' AppleIntelHD5000Graphics
perl -pi -e 's|\x86\x80\x12\x04|\x86\x80\x1e\x04|g' AppleIntelHD5000Graphics
Probably will work equally as bad as the last set, but...

You could try a slightly different patch (must patch vanilla):

perl -pi -e 's|\x85\x80\x12\x04|\x85\x80\x1e\x04|g' AppleIntelHD5000Graphics
perl -pi -e 's|\x86\x80\x12\x04|\x86\x80\x1e\x04|g' AppleIntelHD5000Graphics
Probably will work equally as bad as the last set, but...

Patch applied. Even if it doesn't get system stuck on boot, still no AppleIntelHD5000Graphics.kext loaded.

Ioreg attached 

ioreg120514.zip

Patch applied. Even if it doesn't get system stuck on boot, still no AppleIntelHD5000Graphics.kext loaded.

Ioreg attached

Out of ideas for now. Except... "swap the CPU"

• 2 weeks later...

Have you try using chimera 3.01? #####

For HD 4400/4600/5200 mobile processors in desktop configuration, use IGPlatformID=0D220003 [/size]

#######

It just makes it easier to get the framebuffer to load (CI). Still no QE.

• 2 weeks later...

Intel HD Graphics 4400 Desktop is a variant of Intel HD Graphics 4600 Desktop and both uses the same Intel GT2 Graphics core

Compared to Intel HD Graphics 4600 Desktop, its performance is only slightly lower.

Since both are the same core, is it possible to make the system recognize the hd 4400 as hd 4600?

In theory it should work isnt it? since hd4600 is supported.

Intel HD Graphics 4400 Desktop is a variant of Intel HD Graphics 4600 Desktop and both uses the same Intel GT2 Graphics core

Compared to Intel HD Graphics 4600 Desktop, its performance is only slightly lower.

Since both are the same core, is it possible to make the system recognize the hd 4400 as hd 4600?

In theory it should work isnt it? since hd4600 is supported.

The kext is checking against actual device ids in the code. A patch was tried (read this thread), but it didn't work, at least for the people who have tried it. I don't have the hardware, so no ability to confirm.

I can also confirm the patches not working for me (CPU: i3-4130, Mobo: ASUS H87i-Plus, Boot: Clover UEFI).

I think it'd be fun to get OS X working on this particular box, but it's not critical for me. So if there is still interest from others in getting this to work I'd be interested to try various patches/suggestions. Although I'm not totally incompetent with having built 2 hackintosh in the past, I'm not advanced enough, or at least not familiar, with writing such patches.

• 1 month later...

I managed to get AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext to load from the Clover steps regarding this. (Fake ID: 0x04128086 and ig-platform-id: 0x0d220003) However, my single monitor now comes up as a dual screen configuration, with OS X showing me the second.

Does anyone know where I would have to look to get OS X to see only a single screen? Thanks in advance.

I managed to get AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext to load from the Clover steps regarding this. (Fake ID: 0x04128086 and ig-platform-id: 0x0d220003) However, my single monitor now comes up as a dual screen configuration, with OS X showing me the second.

Does anyone know where I would have to look to get OS X to see only a single screen? Thanks in advance.

Can you show the steps on how you managed to get the kext loaded and running? Thanks

Can you show the steps on how you managed to get the kext loaded and running? Thanks

By using Fake ID 0x04128086 and ig-platform-id 0x04128086 in Clover. This doesn't load QE, so there shouldn't be a huge difference. However, this was really important for me since I can use f.lux now.

• 1 month later...