how to find correct "ig_platform_id" of my video card

truztruz

119 posts in this topic

I decided to reinstall Mavericks... too many bugs in my first installation.....

now I have in extra folder Imac 14,2 Smbios, ssdt.aml created by the by ssdtprgen.sh (attached), org.chameleon.boot.plist with drop SSDT

I also update FAkesmc kext

Before trying to inject video card, I have attached ioreg and console logs. Could you please tell me if now powermanagement and all system is running correctly ?

Tnx

Power management looks good here...

But AppleLPC is not loading as your device 8086:8c5c is not recognized by AppleLPC.kext. You could fix with a DSDT patch, but I quickly created an injector kext for you (just as effective, just as resilient to updates). Please try it. Respond with ioreg to verify (or you can look in ioreg to see if AppleLPC is loaded, attached to LPCB).

AppleLPCInjector.kext.zip

Hi RehabMan,

I have not found modified kext attached to previous post, so I tried to patch myself inserting 8086:8c5c in info.plist. Now seems that AppleLPC is loaded (see ioreg attached).

Next step... I am trying to repatch SSDT file containing GFX0 (for me attached SSDT-7.aml), using the following script you provide me in previous post

---------

into method label _DSM parent_adr 0x00020000 remove_entry;
into device name_adr 0x00020000 insert
begin
Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)\n
{\n
If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero)) { Return (Buffer() { 0x03 } ) }\n
Return (Package()\n
{\n
"device-id", Buffer() { 0x16, 0x0a, 0x00, 0x00 },\n
})\n
}\n
end;

-----------------

However, when I to recompile file, I get "unexpected parseop" error. (see attached screenshot)

How can I fix these errors ?

After that... correct me if I am wrong.... I must copy only recompiled SSDT-7.aml under extra folder and rename it as SSDT-1 ?

After doing this and set a correct device-id in SSDT-1, I am ready to try different framebuffers using chameleon.

Hope we are closest to the solution  :yes:

screenMaci.tiff

ioregnew.zip

SSDT-7.aml.zip

Hi RehabMan,

I have not found modified kext attached to previous post, so I tried to patch myself inserting 8086:8c5c in info.plist. Now seems that AppleLPC is loaded (see ioreg attached).

Oops... forgot to attach. See attachment now. You can patch Info.plist like you did, but keep in mind an update to AppleLPC will wipe out your changes. Better to use DSDT patch or injector kext.

Next step... I am trying to repatch SSDT file containing GFX0 (for me attached SSDT-7.aml), using the following script you provide me in previous post

---------

into method label _DSM parent_adr 0x00020000 remove_entry;

into device name_adr 0x00020000 insert

begin

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)\n

{\n

If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero)) { Return (Buffer() { 0x03 } ) }\n

Return (Package()\n

{\n

"device-id", Buffer() { 0x16, 0x0a, 0x00, 0x00 },\n

})\n

}\n

end;

-----------------

However, when I to recompile file, I get "unexpected parseop" error. (see attached screenshot)

How can I fix these errors ?

We've been through this before. You have to apply to disassembled (iasl -da *) ssdt-7.dsl, not ssdt-7.aml. MaciASL disassembles each file as an "island", which doesn't work when there are a complex network of relationships between separate files.

After that... correct me if I am wrong.... I must copy only recompiled SSDT-7.aml under extra folder and rename it as SSDT-1 ?

Assuming your ssdtPRgen.sh generated SSDT is at /Extra/ssdt.aml, ssdt-7.aml goes to /Extra/ssdt-1.aml.

After doing this and set a correct device-id in SSDT-1, I am ready to try different framebuffers using chameleon.

Yes, likely candidate is IntelAzulFB=10.

Hope we are closest to the solution  :yes:

Crossing fingers.

Bad news.... tried HD4400 mobile and HD4600 desktop id with all framebuffer combinations.

With values 0500260a and 0600260a i get black screen

With value 02001604 boot get stuck at logo

With special value given by Ramalama (04001204) i get kernel panic (see screenshot attached)

With other values, still no QE/CI.

I attached ioreg and console logs using HD4600 id and framebuffer from Azul=10 (0300220d one of those giving same result.... I have read in some forum posts that this is the only framebuffer for desktops .... is it real .. so is the only one that should work on my system ?)

Hoping some things..... are there specific framebuffers for desktops ? .... I am using DVI port, pheraphs framebuffers are dependent also by ports and video memory settings in bios ?

(Rehab seems that injector kext for AppleLCP was not attached even in previous post. )

For now...no way to get HD4400 desktop to work  :(

files040514.zip

Bad news.... tried HD4400 mobile and HD4600 desktop id with all framebuffer combinations.

With values 0500260a and 0600260a i get black screen

With value 02001604 boot get stuck at logo

With special value given by Ramalama (04001204) i get kernel panic (see screenshot attached)

With other values, still no QE/CI.

I attached ioreg and console logs using HD4600 id and framebuffer from Azul=10 (0300220d one of those giving same result.... I have read in some forum posts that this is the only framebuffer for desktops .... is it real .. so is the only one that should work on my system ?)

Hoping some things..... are there specific framebuffers for desktops ? .... I am using DVI port, pheraphs framebuffers are dependent also by ports and video memory settings in bios ?

(Rehab seems that injector kext for AppleLCP was not attached even in previous post. )

For now...no way to get HD4400 desktop to work  :(

Injector kext is attached in post #76.

Repair permissions & rebuild cache.

Boot "-f", post ioreg.

cpu: Intel i3 4130, 8gb ram PC1033 Kingston, mobo Asrock h81m-hds.

It would be a good idea to add it to your signature. Eventually, the information will be lost (as in when it no longer fits on the screen with the latest post).

Is your install/USB creation procedure 100% vanilla using Mac App Store download?

yes, I only have to patch mach_kernel using your instructions, in order to avoid instantreboot for haswells cpu.

Anything in system.log that might give us some clues?

systemlog attached

Are you using a PS2 keyboard/mouse or something? Just wondering why PS2 drivers are installed on a modern desktop.

Anything else you did post install we should know about?

ops, sorry, I also I installed a kext for my ps2 keyboard, a kext for Realtek built-in ethernet, and FakeSMc 6.0.1123.

Not sure if it will help, but current version of FakeSMC is v6.1.xxx

Hi RehabMan,

no changes here..... however I've decided to try Clover bootloader in order to see if something changes.

I attached clover config.plist.

I am still not able to inject intel video card (fake id is applied but no AzulFramebuffer is loaded.... I think that there are also many wrong codes in plist.

Could you give a look and see what is wrong in this file ?

Thank you again for your help

clover_config.plist.zip

Hi RehabMan,

no changes here..... however I've decided to try Clover bootloader in order to see if something changes.

I attached clover config.plist.

I am still not able to inject intel video card (fake id is applied but no AzulFramebuffer is loaded.... I think that there are also many wrong codes in plist.

Could you give a look and see what is wrong in this file ?

Thank you again for your help

Uncheck all DSDT "fixes"

Uncheck "Halt Enabler"

Set "Plugin Type" = 1

Check "Drop OEM"

Check "dart=0"

Looks like you have Fake ID for IntelGFX done right (based on my read at Clover wiki). Did it show correctly in ioreg?

ig-platform-id is incorrect... should be 0x0d220003.

You have Asus AICPUPM checked, not used on Haswell, but if you think you need that (due to locked MSRs, then you should check KernelPm)

SMBIOS section is not setup at all.

I applied the changes to config.plist (attached) but it still doesn't work.... even FakeID seems no work anymore.

Ioreg attached

:(

I'm not sure what is going on in the Clover fake-id case.  Makes sure you're not mixing techniques.  If you try to use Clover fake-id, do not use patched SSDT and do not Drop OEM SSDTs.

Claims of HD4400 desktop working were premature and not confirmed.  Confirmed case was mobile HD4400 in a desktop configuration.  My guess is desktop HD4400 is going to require both these injections and a binary patch to AppleIntelHD5000.

I applied the changes to config.plist (attached) but it still doesn't work.... even FakeID seems no work anymore.

Ioreg attached

:(

Go back through the steps. If you can get the injection of the fake id working again (eg frame buffer loading), try this binpatch:

# binary patch for desktop HD4400 (trades mobile HD4400 for desktop HD4400)
sudo -s
cd /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelHD5000Graphics.kext/Contents/MacOS
cp AppleIntelHD5000Graphics AppleIntelHD5000Graphics.orig
perl -pi -e 's|\x86\x80\x16\x0a|\x86\x80\x1e\x04|g' AppleIntelHD5000Graphics
cd /System/Library/Extensions
touch .

Hi RehabMan,

After using binpatch, what fake id should be injected through ssdt? Fake 4400 mobile id (0a16)?

tnx

Either 0a16 or 0a26. Get your device-id injecting working first and framebuffer (CI) working.

Then try the binpatch. Be prepared in the case that it crashes (safe mode will probably save you as this driver is not marked for loading in Safe Mode).