• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

spamnchips

spamnchips

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

I have successfully installed OS X Maverick on my Windows 8 VMware Workstation 10 virtual machine. Just updated Workstation to 10.0.2 which has overridden the Unlocker features. Running Unlocker again has no effect and the virtual Mac no longer loads.

spamnchips

spamnchips

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Have now got my original Virtual Mac running again. I had to run Unlocker on the new files, reload Darwin.iso (vmtools). However, the updated version of Workstation wipes out the radio button for Apple OS X on the New Virtual Machine Wizard, Guest Operating System tab whemn trying to build a new virtual Mac.

Donk

Donk

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Have now got my original Virtual Mac running again. I had to run Unlocker on the new files, reload Darwin.iso (vmtools). However, the updated version of Workstation wipes out the radio button for Apple OS X on the New Virtual Machine Wizard, Guest Operating System tab whemn trying to build a new virtual Mac.

So you have now patched Workstation on Windows? I have done this for 10.0.2 and everything works ok. Did the patcher run without errors?

Ashboie

Ashboie

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I updated my Linux install of VMWare Workstation this morning to v10.0.2. I downloaded and ran Unlocker v130 on it, and it is working fine, except it keeps telling me that my VMWare Tools is out of date. Does anybody know where I can get the newer version of the VMWare tools for for OSX for VMWare Workstation v10.0.2?

Edit: found it myself. Latest version of Fusion (6.0.3) includes it http://softwareupdat....darwin.zip.tar

bwana

bwana

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

ok i am in the same boat. I opened a mountain lion image in vmware workstation 10.0.0 after running the unlocker. However, I would like to insttall vmware tools.  the above download is a tar file that contains a zip file named com.vmware.fusion.tools.darwin.zip and a file named descriptor.xml. How does one install the tools using the above file?

Donk

Donk

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • 1,977 posts

ok i am in the same boat. I opened a mountain lion image in vmware workstation 10.0.0 after running the unlocker. However, I would like to insttall vmware tools.  the above download is a tar file that contains a zip file named com.vmware.fusion.tools.darwin.zip and a file named descriptor.xml. How does one install the tools using the above file?

Open the TAR file and extract the ISO.

bwana

bwana

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

@Donk

thanks, I thought that's what I should do based on the readings.  of course my problem was that I had downloaded the file in windows and could not figure out how to get the image into the virtual mac OS that was running as a guest because shared folders is something that requires vmware tools. a bit of catch 22.

so i resorted to using a usb drive. reminds me of the days when i ran a sneaker-net.

Donk

Donk

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • 1,977 posts

@Donk

thanks, I thought that's what I should do based on the readings.  of course my problem was that I had downloaded the file in windows and could not figure out how to get the image into the virtual mac OS that was running as a guest because shared folders is something that requires vmware tools. a bit of catch 22.

so i resorted to using a usb drive. reminds me of the days when i ran a sneaker-net.

Just mount the ISO as CD-ROM image in VMware. No need to copy to guest.

spamnchips

spamnchips

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

So you have now patched Workstation on Windows? I have done this for 10.0.2 and everything works ok. Did the patcher run without errors?

Yes, ran OK but the New Virtual Machine Wizard no longer has Apple OSX as a radio button choice.

Donk

Donk

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • 1,977 posts

Yes, ran OK but the New Virtual Machine Wizard no longer has Apple OSX as a radio button choice.

Please post the output of running the unlocker.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy